Unemployment rate for over-30s creeps up

Hephaestus

Orchard alot ......... closing :D

Dont know how many more % that was not documented down or by passed .... [lipsrsealed]

Garment forgot to add in the 5000 applications for Uber/grab license......
↡ Advertisement

Orchard alot ......... closing :D

Dont know how many more % that was not documented down or by passed .... [lipsrsealed]

Your fave orchard towers is not representative of the entire orchard shopping belt OK
  • Praise 2

Your fave orchard towers is not representative of the entire orchard shopping belt OK ðð

Hahaha you been stalking me hor . Say my name and u get good discount .
  • Praise 6

Condos and COE price remains sky high.. Just that ppl got used to it already.

Maybe, Condos and COE prices are due to all, including non citizens. Whilst employment figure is just referring to citizens? [confused]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Velocity and square 2 to me is all called novena square. Lol.

Square 2 is almost like a dead town.

Without the eateries, it's probably dead.

I think the car parking there earns more than the retailers there.

You should checkout Square2 during weekday lunch time. [shocked] Lots of nurses from TTSH and KKH and office workers from HomeAffairs. Those looking for xmm nurses can camp there during lunch time, esp the food court at level 5. Cos Koufu give discount for TTSH & KKH staff. KKH got direct free shuttle bus to Square2.

Jolibee, another long long queue.

Popeye, not so much.

Old Town also sometimes long queue.

I always tabao home if I visit there during lunch time.

• Praise 1

You should checkout Square2 during weekday lunch time. [shocked] Lots of nurses from TTSH and KKH and office workers from HomeAffairs. Those looking for xmm nurses can camp there during lunch time, esp the food court at level 5. Cos Koufu give discount for TTSH & KKH staff. KKH got direct free shuttle bus to Square2.

Jolibee, another long long queue.

Popeye, not so much.

Old Town also sometimes long queue.

I always tabao home if I visit there during lunch time.

I think any eatery during weekday lunch time is crowded, esp if it is near to some office building. If the place is not crowded even during lunch time, then that place can prepare to close down liao.

I find square 2 nothing much to shop and see, even eatery also not say many choices lo. Basically i find the whole novena square nothing much la.

Supersonic

I think any eatery during weekday lunch time is crowded, esp if it is near to some office building. If the place is not crowded even during lunch time, then that place can prepare to close down liao.

I find square 2 nothing much to shop and see, even eatery also not say many choices lo. Basically i find the whole novena square nothing much la.

True.

Actually I find United Square better to walk around than Novena Square. There is international buffet and Korean BBQ buffet, a CD shop. Even the Cold Storage feels bigger and better than the one in Novena Square.

Sometimes the crowds in Novena Square, not Square 2, is turning me off.

True.

Actually I find United Square better to walk around than Novena Square. There is international buffet and Korean BBQ buffet, a CD shop. Even the Cold Storage feels bigger and better than the one in Novena Square.

Sometimes the crowds in Novena Square, not Square 2, is turning me off.

United square is no good to go on weekend lo, too many kids there liao, due to too many enrichment classes there! The road leads to united square is always jam with cars!

Anyway, retailers business quite bad during this slow economy.

Edited by 13177

Supersonic

United square is no good to go on weekend lo, too many kids there liao, due to too many enrichment classes there!

Anyway, retailers business quite bad during this slow economy.

I mostly go there eat and shop in supermarket.

I think retailers or brick and motar shops are really in a bad shape not just in the present slow economy but the emerging e-commerce market as well as increasing rentals and related unsustainable costs of operations.

• Praise 1

I mostly go there eat and shop in supermarket.

I think retailers or brick and motar shops are really in a bad shape not just in the present slow economy but the emerging e-commerce market as well as increasing rentals and related unsustainable costs of operations.

Amazon coming here to set up, right?

Then that's the last straw for our retail shops.

• Praise 1

Maybe, Condos and COE prices are due to all, including non citizens. Whilst employment figure is just referring to citizens? [confused]

Supply and demand bro.. period :D

• Praise 3

A lot of people have money and they will spend.

Its like air miss bags for 6k more tai tais will buy it

cos so sales girls earning $2k are carrying El V bags.

So next time air miss bags will have to be $10k as

too many ladies earning $5k will be buying them.

So don't have to worry about people not buying,

people will only stop buying the low end brands

and not the high end brands. Same with cars.

Merse, BW, Oldi won't go out of business maybe

only queue queue and potong.

:D  

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 3

A lot of people have money and they will spend.

Its like air miss bags for 6k more tai tais will buy it

cos so sales girls earning $2k are carrying El V bags.

So next time air miss bags will have to be $10k as

too many ladies earning $5k will be buying them.

So don't have to worry about people not buying,

people will only stop buying the low end brands

and not the high end brands. Same with cars.

Merse, BW, Oldi won't go out of business maybe

only queue queue and potong.

6k  only ? I thought over 10K ........ your good friend jigor wife has many  :D

• Praise 6

Maybe got dual economy.

The highly trained and educated in top jobs in the economic sectors that

are doing well are all living it up.

And then there are people with obsolete skills in the industries that are not

doing so well.

It's true on skills set.

New and old economy.

Some were due to demographics.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/old-and-poor-south-korea-s-seniors-who-will-work-until-they-die/3607312.html?cid=FBcna

In South Korea, almost half of its elderly population over the age of 65 live in poverty, according to a 2016 OECD economic survey. About a quarter live alone. Many grapple with living in isolation and depression.

While elderly people make up 13 per cent of the population today, this figure is expected to hit 40 per cent by 2060 - and critics say that if the problem of elderly poverty continues to be neglected, it could have catastrophic effects on the country’s economy and the welfare of its citizens.

How did a generation, responsible for turning South Korea into one of the region’s strongest economies, end up so poor?

• Praise 3

Amazon coming here to set up, right?

Then that's the last straw for our retail shops.

Not necessarily so, most groceries shopper still prefer to physically pick fresh produce.

I will not order fresh fruits vegetables from online retailers.

Will take another 10 years or longer to see an increase in online shares bigger than brick & mortar

It's true on skills set.

New and old economy.

Some were due to demographics.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/old-and-poor-south-korea-s-seniors-who-will-work-until-they-die/3607312.html?cid=FBcna

In South Korea, almost half of its elderly population over the age of 65 live in poverty, according to a 2016 OECD economic survey. About a quarter live alone. Many grapple with living in isolation and depression.

While elderly people make up 13 per cent of the population today, this figure is expected to hit 40 per cent by 2060 - and critics say that if the problem of elderly poverty continues to be neglected, it could have catastrophic effects on the country’s economy and the welfare of its citizens.

How did a generation, responsible for turning South Korea into one of the region’s strongest economies, end up so poor?

Maybe their children don't support them and they have no pensions.

I heard 60 n 70 year old grannies have to sell their bodies to support themselves.

:)

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1