Unemployment rate for over-30s creeps up

Hephaestus

Many so called "3rd World" citizens are entrepreneurial in thinking and spirit. Its part of their survival DNA. Our forefathers had it but trained out of us by PAP. Someways China had their Cultural Revolution and we were subjected to a much lesser and fatal form of brain wash.

Did its job when we were starting up in 1960s and 1970s or even 1980s. But the strict adherence to "just follow the top" has made Singaporeans less adaptable to the new world order. 

In many cities, the default thinking is "can unless someone say cannot". Here in SG, the default thinking its "cannot unless someone say can"

Entrepreneurial thinking in 3rd world countries in many ways becomes illegal thinking in 1st world countries, where the law prevents you from doing this and that.

Example, I have a house that sits in a ERP fringe. Every car that goes into the city pay ERP of $1.

I build a small road in my house straddling the ERP zone and allows car to pass through without paying chenghu ERP.

I charge 50% less.

Some would call that entrepreneur, chenghu would call that illegal.

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

I have some Chinese co-workers who rent the whole house and then sublet the rooms to more tenants.

They even have a proper term for it - 二房东 or even 三房东.

Sounds like MLM.

pls do all Singaporeans a favour and give HDB a call

inform them you suspect got illegal subletting... they will surely investigate

• Praise 2

I have some Chinese co-workers who rent the whole house and then sublet the rooms to more tenants.

They even have a proper term for it - 二房东 or even 三房东.

Sounds like MLM.

Such thing has been going on since there are FT here lo. Even PR is not allowed to rent out the whole flat, and i believe there are tons of PRs doing it.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

Entrepreneurial thinking in 3rd world countries in many ways becomes illegal thinking in 1st world countries, where the law prevents you from doing this and that.

Example, I have a house that sits in a ERP fringe. Every car that goes into the city pay ERP of $1.

I build a small road in my house straddling the ERP zone and allows car to pass through without paying chenghu ERP.

I charge 50% less.

How to buy a road?? or make it a private road?? Crowd funding??

wah ... no wonder amdk drive porsche and live in orchard ... [sly]

if all good continue to make money

if shit happen ... pat pat bottom and run road

When they suddenly loose their high paying jobs or lifestyle.... it has already happened some 10 years back here too in one of the CBD condo..... keys in the letter box and in Dubai too .... lux cars with keys in them still left abandoned at the Airport for months   

• Praise 2

Many so called "3rd World" citizens are entrepreneurial in thinking and spirit. Its part of their survival DNA. Our forefathers had it but trained out of us by PAP. Someways China had their Cultural Revolution and we were subjected to a much lesser and fatal form of brain wash.

Did its job when we were starting up in 1960s and 1970s or even 1980s. But the strict adherence to "just follow the top" has made Singaporeans less adaptable to the new world order. 

In many cities, the default thinking is "can unless someone say cannot". Here in SG, the default thinking its "cannot unless someone say can"

Sadly this is also true of the working world in Singapore.

Singaporeans lose not because of our intelligence but because of our upright molding. Many of us are already on the losing end when you find foreigners being paid higher doing the same things in our own country.

I charge 50% less.

Illegal meh?

Better go report the management of The Cathay.

Selling car batteries.

Hmm. Never seen you advertising here before leh.

Edited by Kusje

We should love our FT. No xenophobia and bigotry please.

also don't forget to integrate with them

like how @staff69 does it

:D

• Praise 1

"Singaporeans get Govt they deserve. I don't want to hear any more complaints"

SIN needs >6.9mil people, don't give out residential permits how to make them stay. Then, they need your jobs so that they will sink roots here and grow the gdp. I love my MIW.

• Praise 4

also don't forget to integrate with them

Singapore must be the ONLY country in the world where Citizens have to adapt to Foreigners. PAP has well and truly screwed the many years of so called "Nation Building" . 

• Praise 5

pls do all Singaporeans a favour and give HDB a call

inform them you suspect got illegal subletting... they will surely investigate

Why are our HDBs in such a situation? Was it every intended to be transacted like a private property or is it for citizen to have a roof over their heads? After building for their citizen, why then they are not living in them but leasing them out? Over built, buying too many?

Now that these flats are under the care of Town Council, do you have HDB officers going around to do their checks? What is the role of Town Council, do they care about subletting? Since we talk so much about CCC and RC, sure their role can be more meaningful here. If they cannot even perform simple task like this, better don't call themselves as member.

The problem here is, while HDB has set rules which the locals followed, these FTs do whatever they like but nobody check. How would you like to live next to an apartment in this condition? Try doing it next to our Minister of National Development. Surely it is not too difficult to conduct periodic checks and whenever they receive feedback. The question is, who will be checking.

The Town Council will push to HDB and the music chair will slowly brings the feedback to a halt.

The tai chi game ah.

Somehow our public sector is best at taichi.... sadly so too

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1