CNA: Man Charged With Stealing Rifle At Pasir Laba Camp

Vulcann

but the 30 yr old guy will also most likely been thru NS... and if the other guy is a recruit... can see y kena rob

but the victim also can be classified as thinking soldier... let the fella take then go report and catch the robber...

no one hurt.... rifle still in camp... best of both worlds

Supercharged

If I'm the peng kia, I also will give him my rifle knowing there's so many other people near and around me at the SOC ground. If I chiong him, I become his sole target, if I give him my rifle, he becomes my whole Coy's target.

Even if my Coy cannot help, I just follow behind him and point at him shouting robbery a la Stephen Chow. Si bei funny loh!

Turbocharged

A soldier holding a rifle just hands it over to a civilian threatening him with a screwdriver? [rolleyes]

Suddenly, I have grave doubts about our Armed Forces' ability to fight in a real war. <_<

Just kidding. There's nothing "sudden" about my doubts - I've harboured them for a long time. [:(]

Never bring a screw driver to a gun fight. [scholar]

Neutral Newbie

under sop, is the soldier allowed\suppose to shoot back at the robbber in this situation ? who knows what is the robbber's intention to snatch the rifle ? to massacre the whole PLC ? If not allowed to shoot back, then it was not his fault to hand over the rifle as his life was endangered.

Turbocharged

under sop, is the soldier allowed\suppose to shoot back at the robbber in this situation ? who knows what is the robbber's intention to snatch the rifle ? to massacre the whole PLC ? If not allowed to shoot back, then it was not his fault to hand over the rifle as his life was endangered.

No bullet how to shoot? Universal round no count. :mellow:

Whatever happened to the "butt stroke to the head" move they rigorously taught us last time?

SAR21 butt no suitable?

[confused]

farking cuunt resist!!!!!

Sir! Which Head? [:p]

my question is what will the technician be charged with? go in DB? hahahahahahahaha

Bro Edwardthy, Sorry about OT, your previous doggie avatar looks so much nicer [thumbsup] than the current one [sly] , your new avatar doggie looks damn chickie & horny [shakehead]

SOC leh...who runs SOC with loaded rifle? Commandos? only thing he can shoot with at that point of time is the weapon between his legs.

Turbocharged

Confirm you are either a kid, a foreigner or a girl/woman. [laugh]

Not every gun you see is loaded. In Singapore, rifle rounds (or bullets for you) are controlled item and not readily available. You will only be issued during range shooting, guard duty or war. Even during training we use blanks, unless the training requires live ammo. All the rifles kept in camp are empty.

Turbocharged

Whatever happened to the "butt stroke to the head" move they rigorously taught us last time?

SAR21 butt no suitable?

[confused]

Scrwdriver= give it 20cm

SAR21 = cao cao 85cm

WTF???

Giving the recruit benefit of doubt, maybe the technician grabbed the recruit from the back and already poke the driver on his neck. Like that no choice but to give...this is not war yet, not worth to choot stunt.

But I heard this time they REALLY din teach "butt stroke to the head" liao!! Even the SAR21 cannot fix bayonet! So their weapon is basically not meant for CQC.

This is b-------t IMO. Those scholars out there have no idea how impt CQC is in modern warfare context. I feel that rifle PT is still as relavant these days...

Don't like the USAF during vietnam war, the top scholars and top brass then also think VDR missile warfare is the future and stop equiping their jets with guns, it's only after they lost so many F4s to guns of Noth Viet MIGs then they learned their lesson and armed every single Jetfighter with guns since then.

As mentioned, during whatever excercise, be it in the camp or training fields, no live ammo is loaded at all times in serviceman rifles, at most, soldiers are given blanks for engagement scenarios. Only designated personnel performing certain roles and duties are given live ammo and even so, the loaded mag is kept in the webbing pouch. Only when situation call for, then the soldier is to execute his duty and rights. But then again, you can claimed one have fired many live ammo in the range but u r now facing a live target basically another human being. Give that guy a break, talk is easy.

by the way, in case you are not aware, SAR21 can fix a bayonet on and yes, there's a bayonet lug available. However have to agreed that due to the bullpulp design the weapon is relatively 20% shorter than M16 and therefore, it may no longer be practical to do bayonet fighting with such weapon.

As mentioned, during whatever excercise, be it in the camp or training fields, no live ammo is loaded at all times in serviceman rifles, at most, soldiers are given blanks for engagement scenarios. Only designated personnel performing certain roles and duties are given live ammo and even so, the loaded mag is kept in the webbing pouch. Only when situation call for, then the soldier is to execute his duty and rights. But then again, you can claimed one have fired many live ammo in the range but u r now facing a live target basically another human being. Give that guy a break, talk is easy.

It's better not to reveal when we have bullets on public forum. Foreigners cannot know too much about our training procedure. Let's not say it out loud to confirmed it for them.

Certain things are best kept unsaid.

maybe the technician befriended the ns guy....talk...talk...last time i army i use. oni m16...come let me see the sar2 1. Talking about weapon then an orifice or nco turn up while the tech was holding the weapon. I ve seen it b4 where the ns men will try every responsiblity. Very funny case as no matter what happens a soldiers duty is to safe guard his weapon.

by the way, in case you are not aware, SAR21 can fix a bayonet on and yes, there's a bayonet lug available. However have to agreed that due to the bullpulp design the weapon is relatively 20% shorter than M16 and therefore, it may no longer be practical to do bayonet fighting with such weapon.

Yes, SAR21 can be fitted with the M7 bayonet [laugh]

↡ Advertisement