Alfa Romeo GT 2.0 JTS

MadDog70

i went to test drive the car yesterday, first time driving an Alfa! :) feels gd!

the handling is nice, cornering is superb...

but there is something i am not comfy with... the gear change..

there is jerk during gear chg and not smooth like an auto car.. the agent says it is normal for all alfa cars, including 159..

and when i rev hard, the gear wun auto shift up, it will be stuck at the same gear, so i hav to manually shift gear up, in doin so there is a lag..

are all these normal?

btw, anyone knows the FC for the 2.0 GT?

and approx what price is the dealer offering for this car to seller? (I dun wan to kena chop carrot [:p] )

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...447&DL=2479

thnx all!

You do know you are driving a sillyspeed also known as clutchless manual, right? and not an car on auto transmission...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You do know you are driving a sillyspeed also known as clutchless manual, right? and not an car on auto transmission...

Probably that's where the complaints about Selespeed come from.....some don't know it is still a manual.

• Praise 1

Probably that's where the complaints about Selespeed come from.....some don't know it is still a manual.

it is just like the old opel Astra that come with the clutchless gear.....you need to left up your right leg to ease the accelaration pedal everytime you change gear.....else it will jerk and make you vomit in no time....

(edited)

it is just like the old opel Astra that come with the clutchless gear.....you need to left up your right leg to ease the accelaration pedal everytime you change gear.....else it will jerk and make you vomit in no time....

I think not so easy lah. Very mafan de. Very counter intuitive also. You need to predict when the gear is going to change up, then ease off the throttle. At least for full manual, you know what the fiak you are doing, then you step on the clutch and intuitively do whatever is necessary. It's not difficult to drive a manual in city traffic as what many claim to be.

I am one who ditch the full auto to full manual when switching from OPC to full-time car.

Edited by Kangadrool

oh.. paiseh.. i didnt know selespeed is actually clutchless manual... thnx for telling me!

so the jerking is normal lor..

this car is really nice.. but abit too pricey... and the downsides of reliability isues :(

• Praise 1

oh.. paiseh.. i didnt know selespeed is actually clutchless manual... thnx for telling me!

so the jerking is normal lor..

this car is really nice.. but abit too pricey... and the downsides of reliability isues :(

In short, you need to know how to drive this car to be jerk free. Not that difficult but comparing to the opel MTA, sillyspeed is a bit more retarded, even more so on the paddle shift. Strange but it's like that when I test it

Neutral Newbie

Anyway, single clutch semi auto is a thing of the past

I beg to differ... There are still many cars or even super cars on Single Clutch Semi Auto... It seems like the Germans or Borsch has yet to perfect their DSGs that is applied on the Beemers, VWs etc with their constant Mechatronic reliability and glitches.

A list (not comprehensive) of cars still on Single Clutch Semi Autos:

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione & 8C Spider (Q-Select)

Aston Martin

Audi R8 (R tronic)

BMW E63/64 M6 (SMG III)

BMW E85 Z4 (Optional SMG)

Ferrari Enzo

Ferrari F430

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Ferrari 599

Lamborghini Gallardo (E gear)

Lexus LFA (ASG)

Maserati GT/GT MC/Quattroporte

I think not so easy lah. Very mafan de. Very counter intuitive also. You need to predict when the gear is going to change up, then ease off the throttle. At least for full manual, you know what the fiak you are doing, then you step on the clutch and intuitively do whatever is necessary. It's not difficult to drive a manual in city traffic as what many claim to be.

I am one who ditch the full auto to full manual when switching from OPC to full-time car.

it's actually pretty easy, but u must drive in manual mode. there's no prediction of gear changes in that mode. u do the shifting!

in auto mode, it's better if u drive it in a relax way, so there's no need to predict anything. when in jams, this mode works quite well as the gears are not too sensitive to throttle inputs. then when in freer traffic, use manual for more driver control.

in short, it isn't that bad. jerks are normal for manual cars so u can feel the lovely gear changes. not all can accept such driving so they buy germans instead.

I beg to differ... There are still many cars or even super cars on Single Clutch Semi Auto... It seems like the Germans or Borsch has yet to perfect their DSGs that is applied on the Beemers, VWs etc with their constant Mechatronic reliability and glitches.

A list (not comprehensive) of cars still on Single Clutch Semi Autos:

Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione & 8C Spider (Q-Select)

Aston Martin

Audi R8 (R tronic)

BMW E63/64 M6 (SMG III)

BMW E85 Z4 (Optional SMG)

Ferrari Enzo

Ferrari F430

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Ferrari 599

Lamborghini Gallardo (E gear)

Lexus LFA (ASG)

Maserati GT/GT MC/Quattroporte

i heard the 6 spd Golf GTI DSG had less issues, but dunno why VW changed to the 7 spd.

ultimately, my main gripe of dual clutch is the lack of feel for the gear changes. tats y the lexus LFA stuck to the single clutch- for a more sporty drive.

I have the 3.2 GT... and its lovely.

Get it for 10k depre or less to make it worth it. I got mine at a very good price. as long as you show you're sincere and you know your way around the car. give them a price that its worth it to you, and they get to make some money too.

Sure, there will be the minor bits and pieces to sort out, but its the same as every other car.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Just bought an Alfa Romeo GT on Sunday as it seems to be priced really reasonably. (9.1K Dep a year)

Will be getting the dealer to send it down Alfa Sportivo or Alfa City towards the end of the week.

Just like to enquire, what do I have to look out for?

Selespeed, MAF, suspensions and body. Anything else?

My test drive on Sunday was pretty long, the Selespeed, suspensions and electronics seem fine. Kept switching between Sport and City along with making gear changes on both the knob and paddles shifts. Seems ok so far except that it feels kind of sluggish below 3K rpm.

But to play it safe, I'm bringing it down to the workshops for a check.

Apologize for such a long worded post but I really hope this GT will work out fine! Can't wait to join the Alfa club!

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, bros jus got a gt 2.0.... guess I saw this forum a lpost-78446-1370851467_thumb.jpgittle late. Bum into uncle peter and he gave the green light to get the gt...

Is there anywhere can get rims,if I am not wrong alfas have weirdPCD rite. Also some advice on the air intake, recommended brand and shop which does the cai? Thinking of remap. Anyplace specializes with Alfa after market products and tuning??

Some advise from the Alfa experts will be appreciated

By the way is there a Alfa forum in sg?

Thanks

Hi, bros jus got a gt 2.0.... guess I saw this forum a little late. Bum into uncle peter and he gave the green light to get the gt...

Is there anywhere can get rims,if I am not wrong alfas have weirdPCD rite. Also some advice on the air intake, recommended brand and shop which does the cai? Thinking of remap. Anyplace specializes with Alfa after market products and tuning??

Some advise from the Alfa experts will be appreciated

By the way is there a Alfa forum in sg?

Thanks

congrats!

errr who's uncle peter?

PCD 5x98 for rims

you can got to alfa sportivo or alfa city, both at sin ming and specializes in alfas....... tonnes of after market

yes there is, aroc singapore but i dunno the URL....... when I was active in the forum it changed 4-5 times....?

can find the alfa romeo group on mycarforum; they are very helpful peeps :)

Hi Guys, need advise is this car able to buy? any one know the history of it? when to test it, like everyone say there will be jerking feeling. The engine warning light was on but the dealer say is due to they went to pump 95 petrol cause it. This Alfa GT need 98 petrol. is it true? http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...826&DL=2225

Motor control system failure? Send to the alfa workshops for inspection

Neutral Newbie

heard from dealer say that is already been send to alfa workshop and alfa workshop people say is due to using 95 petrol thats y the motor faulty lights light up. How true is this? anyone know? i haven check with the alfa workshop yet may check with them before i purchase.

↡ Advertisement