Stiff Ring - Good to have?

Subutai

Singapore

Cybernetic Racing

No.10 Kaki Bukit Road 2, First East Centre Unit 03-25 Singapore 417868.

Tel : +65 6636 1890 / +65 9180 3810 (Asman)

Fax: +65 6636 1891

This stiff ring is a big joke... To me at least. Btw I can get a full set for my car for RM180. But I rather not.

This product is to me is like some turbo fan thingy after the open pod filter s--t.

Yes I understand a stiffer chassis equals better steering response. But the effects look extremely minimal so much i do not believe you can feel it on a daily drive.

But then again... The mind is a powerful thing.

And for this kind of money, much better spent elsewhere.

Bro,

Can tell me where to I stall rm180. For full set.

Thanks a lot....

Where can i find stiff rings in singapore? cybernetics are not picking up my calls

email stiff ring directly thru their website, they will email you on how to make payment via paypal. After which they will ship it over to you directly. [thumbsup]

Edited by Route

email stiff ring directly thru their website, they will email you on how to make payment via paypal. After which they will ship it over to you directly. [thumbsup]

Hey thanks for the reply. Have you bought and install a set from the website directly? Can recommend me workshop to install? i dont wanna go to any workshop and have a bad experience.

Edited by teeha

Hey thanks for the reply. Have you bought and install a set from the website directly? Can recommend me workshop to install? i dont wanna go to any workshop and have a bad experience.

Yes, i have a set installed on my ride but honestly, its a waste of money imo. Couldn't feel any difference.

Had it installed at my trusted workshop. Most should be able to do it.

Cheers

rubbish,

don't bother.

go for anti roll bar, strut bar if you really wanna improve handling.

yeah thicker anti roll bar, change all control arms bushes to polyurethane will sharpen up the car responese.... dont waste money on some shit metal. those bolts and nuts have torque specs for the purpose instead of installing stiff ring....

• Praise 1

Hi thanks everyone for replying. To those bashing on stiff rings, here is my experience with it after installing for 2 weeks. First off, i already have coilovers, front strut and thicker rear anti roll bars installed prior to stiff rings. With coilovers, i can feel all the uneven roads very clearly. After installing stiff rings, my ride feels much more solid going over humps and bumps. This is even more obvious on those uneven roads where my car will "jiggle" sideways for before settling down. After stiff rings, the jiggle stops much faster than before. Steering weight got heavier(i like it) and steering response was much sharper. I think it is a good mod to achieve a more "one piece" feel from your car. Relatively cheap as well. Got it done at 130SGD in JB.

• Praise 1

which shop carry stiff ring in singapore with installation ?

Thanks in advance.

SKM have stiff ring. if i remember correctly its 230 before gst

1st Gear

Just thinking what if it was not meant to be tighten in such a way?

There are reason why car engineers build cars the way it is.

Maybe the space is to allow the subframe to have some space to move so as not to put so much stress on the chassis?

Just my point of view :D

Hi thanks everyone for replying. To those bashing on stiff rings, here is my experience with it after installing for 2 weeks. First off, i already have coilovers, front strut and thicker rear anti roll bars installed prior to stiff rings. With coilovers, i can feel all the uneven roads very clearly. After installing stiff rings, my ride feels much more solid going over humps and bumps. This is even more obvious on those uneven roads where my car will "jiggle" sideways for before settling down. After stiff rings, the jiggle stops much faster than before. Steering weight got heavier(i like it) and steering response was much sharper. I think it is a good mod to achieve a more "one piece" feel from your car. Relatively cheap as well. Got it done at 130SGD in JB.

Actually I would advise all to just go to a workshop and request that they tighten up your subframe BEFORE even installing whatever ring. That might have been all you needed because after the installation I am pretty sure the workshop tightened all your bolts properly...

Had it on my ex Touran for 4 years.Made a difference for me especially travelling between KJE & BKE, taking the round turns much at ease. Ride comfort compromised a little, but worth it.

Edited by Ak7887
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1