Odometer tampering cases on the rise here

MacDuck

use simple math to calculate. Avg mileage per yr is around 20-25k, if ever you can see 15k per year damn lucky. anything less than 15k per year is 100% tempered (unless its a OPC covert). I have got a friend only uses on wkends (sat and sun) 4 years car mileage about 40k (OPC car)...

Cheers

My 6 1/2 yr old car - 78000km - workplace nearby, but I also fly about a lot - everytime I bring my car for servicing the mechanic will ask me whether the odo has been tampered :-)

↡ Advertisement

to me there is no "right" or wrong mileage because you really dunno who was the previous owner. salesmen vs taitai. the only way is to ensure you verify mileage, eg: check service record with dealer. if PI car or no svc records, i will stay away. i would rather buy a high mileage agent car (with svc records) than a low mileage one with no proof.

i got a fren 3 yrs old car only 12,000km... serious.

home to work is 2km.

Wa, your friend got no social life?? For 3 years, my workplace at genting lane is across my house. The distance 2 and fro was much less than 2km.

Yet I couldn't get even close to 12,000km for 3 years!!!

either you tua kang, or your fren tua kang, or he's a hermit without social life <_<

Workplace to home only 2km? And yet you guys still drive to work?! :blink:

Yah lor 2km is like how many bus stops only? Need to drive meh? In my younger days I can run 2km without breaking into a sweat.

Yah lor 2km is like how many bus stops only? Need to drive meh? In my younger days I can run 2km without breaking into a sweat.

Reminds me of my house here, saw many people drive their car to the foodcourt just across the road of our block?! Or drive one bus stop away to another coffeshop futher up the road?! :blink:

Easier to go pak tor after work ma :D

Almost everyday, its either pak tor or other social activities haha [laugh]

Think we're a pampered lot, I've been driving since I was 19. So very kau wei without a car....

Easier to go pak tor after work ma :D

if i were you, i will convert to OPC and then go home take car then go paktor. can save quite alot. unless your salary 25k a month then no need save this money lah

if i were you, i will convert to OPC and then go home take car then go paktor. can save quite alot. unless your salary 25k a month then no need save this money lah

That is a lot of exaggeration bah. Many have gotten by with lesser take home pay.

Almost everyday, its either pak tor or other social activities haha [laugh]

Think we're a pampered lot, I've been driving since I was 19. So very kau wei without a car....

Driving since 19? Good life la. [:p]

Sorry to say, I dun feel good at all looking at the OPC plate. Owning a car is more than a practical experience I personally feel.

Anyway how much more can you save?? I can comfortably afford my car and I never take loans for cars. So why give myself the hassle. Walk home from work, rain how?? [laugh]

Sorry to say, I dun feel good at all looking at the OPC plate. Owning a car is more than a practical experience I personally feel.

Anyway how much more can you save?? I can comfortably afford my car and I never take loans for cars. So why give myself the hassle. Walk home from work, rain how?? [laugh]

dunno lah.. to each his own. rather spend the $$$ on property and investment.

↡ Advertisement