Odometer tampering cases on the rise here

MacDuck

dunno lah.. to each his own. rather spend the $$$ on property and investment.

Haha... of course by saying that, I have money for properties and investments too... don't get me wrong, I'm not that kind that live and die inside my car. Car purchase should be spare cash one is comfortable to spurge... [;)]

↡ Advertisement

And yr dad took bus. Hahaha.

haha... sorry mistake... dad drove mum to work in his car... basically I don't know why mum has a car then, she stopped driving it completely after having it for 3 years....

So It became mine, shared between me and my brother... till my so called best friend crashed it... ya drama, I know.

That time driving my mom's car la... [laugh] haha. Its lying at home collecting dust cuz she took my dad's car to work...

Lol, lagi best driving family car?! [:p]

haha... sorry mistake... dad drove mum to work in his car... basically I don't know why mum has a car then, she stopped driving it completely after having it for 3 years....

So It became mine, shared between me and my brother... till my so called best friend crashed it... ya drama, I know.

Hahaha. [laugh]

Judge for yourself. Today went to check out used cars, at a certain dealer with many outlets, i was quite keen in one of his car and chatting with one salesman. I mentioned i have one car to trade in, full service records with receipts but is outside workshop. Me second owner. Mileage 130,000 now.

Me (proudly): i service proper all the way! Records all kept! But outside workshop, but first owner service at AD.

Salesman: oh. So first owner what mileage?

Me: 50,000

Salesman: so confirm yours is outside workshop? AD service only stop at 50,000

Me: yes.

Salesman: ok, no problem. Then i can see if can give you good price for your trade in car.

Me: (walked away. Confirm all their cars tweak mileage)

IF only they implement what some countries are going - providing affidavit regarding the odometer readings by both seller and buyer.

Turbocharged

i was at a stockist buying some stuff for my 60k major servicing, which is coming in around 10k (buy early la..)

even that guy said better do earlier if the car is not first hand. don't know if the odo kenna tweaked.

then track from there.

I was visiting a certain State's DMV and found that they have quite many forms and there are lots of Affidavits that one needs to fill for various reasons.

To think that the LTA allowed the Used car dealers to carry out such unscrupulous practices for so long without fear of consequences, is beyond me.

Consumer protection in Singapore is not too advanced. Hopefully they implement more laws to protect consumers and retailers alike.

Bought pre-owned car, plane to send it for inspecion at STA , does STA will check any odometer fraud ?

True story: Car sold at the 140k mileage but dealer tweaked to 79k. Obviously kena accident before (can tell if door panels are stripped to expose different colors due to it being a replaced part), but STA still can certify as accident-free. That's how credible that certificate is.
  • Praise 1

True story: Car sold at the 140k mileage but dealer tweaked to 79k. Obviously kena accident before (can tell if door panels are stripped to expose different colors due to it being a replaced part), but STA still can certify as accident-free. That's how credible that certificate is.

OMG !!!  :a-noway:

I never trust those STA or VICOM inspection for used cars.  [mad]

• Praise 2

Bought pre-owned car, plane to send it for inspecion at STA , does STA will check any odometer fraud ?

Inspection center? I think my grandmother can do a better job. All they are good for are putting the gear in D, press brake and accelerator. I remember one stalled my van 3 times. Was going to tell him to get lost till he managed not to stall it anymore.

They dunno one la

I think so.

Recently send my motorbike for inspection at Vicom Changi

Its a 4 yr old bike but odometer only around 20K. So thought good to document the low mileage officially (hoping better selling price in future).

Showed them my odometer - told the staff to record down, he said no need.

Told another guy (look like his senior/supervisor), he too said no...no...he said "dont want to know!".

so for bikes, confirmed odometer no records (at Vicom).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1