CNA: Wild Boar Sightings in Sgp

Vulcann

Turbocharged

Wild boar are not that easy to shoot... they are nocturnal and fast.  Need a powerful spotlight to "stun" them and open fire. 

wildboar_zpssymtpkry.jpg

Single shot thru the side of the head, with an M16. 

Handiwork of my security personnel after a day of ground survey in the jungle. Not in SG.

and for the PETA supporters, this animal died instantly and the meat went towards the evening meal.  It's their local way of life.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

wildboar_zpssymtpkry.jpg

Handiwork of my security personnel after a day of ground survey boar tracking and hunting in the jungle. Not in SG.

and for the PETA supporters, this animal died instantly and the meat went towards the evening meal.  It's their local way of life.

:XD:

I hope you got a share of the boar meat that night too! :D

Turbocharged

:XD:

I hope you got a share of the boar meat that night too! :D

haha

would have loved to but didn't feel comfortable depriving the local staff of some of the meat. Their meal rations provided by the contractor are really meagre and they don't like our catering as it doesn't suit their palate.

wild boar meat can be found in Msia. I just saw wild boar satay being sold in Penang last week. The street hawker stores outside Sunway hotel. There's also a couple of stores in JB area selling wild boar curry.

(edited)

Erm.... Non-kampong kid here got a question....

What did you use to shot at the wild boar huh? Cannot be pea shooter right?

Choose a low branch tree, hide on the branch camouflage with tree leaves.

Fixed the tapioca just below the branch. Sharpen a bamboo stick at one end to use a spear. When you hear cracking sound coming from the bushes, keep very quiet. Spear it from the top onto its body. Feeding time around 4.00am in the morning.

Another way is to make many bamboo spears. When spotted them eating those tapioca, spear them. Wild boars don't come in single, they came as whole family about 8 to 12 (2 to 3 adults and the rest are piglets).

Back in MY rubber plantation, we can use 'pump-gun' but SG cannot.  

Another method was using few 44 gallon metal oil drums and paint it black in colour both inside & outside.  Placed them side by side just behind some bushes and cover with dried branches & leaves. When the wild boars are enjoying the food, few of us rush out from our hiding with spear in hand and making loud noises. 

The wild boars in panic, dash into different direction. Some will rush into the oil drum thinking that it was a hiding 'hole'. 

While spearing those will boars inside the drum, beware of the 'head of the family', the male boar. He will "U" to save his family and attack you. He will slice you with his tiko gay. So we only go for one drum and your friends stood beside just in case the male boar return..... :ninja:

Those were the younger days going hunting at my friend house in Pulau Ubin and sometimes cross over to Pulau Tekong (before use a army training ground)...   :yeah-im-not-drunk:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 1

Choose a low branch tree, hide on the branch camouflage with tree leaves.

Fixed the tapioca just below the branch. Sharpen a bamboo stick at one end to use a spear. When you hear cracking sound coming from the bushes, keep very quiet. Spear it from the top onto its body. Feeding time around 4.00am in the morning.

Another way is to make many bamboo spears. When spotted them eating those tapioca, spear them. Wild boars don't come in single, they came as whole family about 8 to 12 (2 to 3 adults and the rest are piglets).

Back in MY rubber plantation, we can use 'pump-gun' but SG cannot.

Another method was using few 44 gallon metal oil drums and paint it black in colour both inside & outside. Placed them side by side just behind some bushes and cover with dried branches & leaves. When the wild boars are enjoying the food, few of us rush out from our hiding with spear in hand and making loud noises.

The wild boars in panic, dash into different direction. Some will rush into the oil drum thinking that it was a hiding 'hole'.

While spearing those will boars inside the drum, beware of the 'head of the family', the male boar. He will "U" to save his family and attack you. He will slice you with his tiko gay. So we only go for one drum and your friends stood beside just in case the male boar return..... :ninja:

Those were the younger days going hunting at my friend house in Pulau Ubin and sometimes cross over to Pulau Tekong (before use a army training ground)... :yeah-im-not-drunk:

You sure you not Bear Grylls? Haha

Wah, before Tekong became military training ground? Okay.... I think I can safely call u uncle liao.. Hehehe

My only encounter with wild boars are while topoing on Tekong during my NSF days...and damn SAF.. Only gave us M16 blanks to scare them off in case they charge at us. Even when one ran real close pass us, non of us shot the blanks. I guess we were all hum jee or just don't want to write report on why we fired the blanks... Hahaha

Twincharged

Wild boar got some kind of armor at their chest area right? I rmb when I was skinning a wild boar, the skin at the chest part was very thick and solid. Not like normal skin that can flex. If you hit it with your hand, its one solid piece.

Twincharged

wildboar_zpssymtpkry.jpg

Handiwork of my security personnel after a day of ground survey in the jungle. Not in SG.

Wow! Still can see the blood on its head.

More and more wild boars nowadays...

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/man-attacked-wild-boar-hillview-road-033018173.html

Man attacked by wild boar at Hillview Road

post-17508-0-12881900-1508395005_thumb.png

Yahoo News Singapore  

19 October 2017

A man in his forties was taken to hospital after he was attacked by a wild boar at Hillview Road.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they received a call for assistance at 8.43am and dispatched an ambulance to 25 Hillview Avenue. A Chinese man suffered “cuts on both legs” and was conveyed conscious to Ng Teng Fong hospital, said SCDF.

Photos of the incident posted online show a wild boar lying on the pavement near a bus stop.

There has been a series of incidents involving wild boars this year.

In July, a woman needed 60 stitches for a leg wound after being attacked by a wild boar in the Upper Thomson area.

In September, three people were sent to hospital after an accident involving three vehicles and a wild boar at Lentor Avenue on 29 Sept. In a separate accident on 28 Sept, a wild boar on the Ayer Rajah Expressway caused an accident that sent two people to hospital.

Are we allowed to hunt wild boar?

wild boar meat is tasty!

More and more wild boars nowadays...

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/man-attacked-wild-boar-hillview-road-033018173.html

Man attacked by wild boar at Hillview Road

attachicon.gifboar.png

Yahoo News Singapore  

19 October 2017

A man in his forties was taken to hospital after he was attacked by a wild boar at Hillview Road.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they received a call for assistance at 8.43am and dispatched an ambulance to 25 Hillview Avenue. A Chinese man suffered “cuts on both legs” and was conveyed conscious to Ng Teng Fong hospital, said SCDF.

Photos of the incident posted online show a wild boar lying on the pavement near a bus stop.

There has been a series of incidents involving wild boars this year.

In July, a woman needed 60 stitches for a leg wound after being attacked by a wild boar in the Upper Thomson area.

In September, three people were sent to hospital after an accident involving three vehicles and a wild boar at Lentor Avenue on 29 Sept. In a separate accident on 28 Sept, a wild boar on the Ayer Rajah Expressway caused an accident that sent two people to hospital.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

hehehe ... you all talk machiam the wild boar will just sit there and wait for you to come and catch it ...

wait till you guys really come up face to face with one and then .... LOL !!!

just look at the hillview guy !! and it took a bus to put it down !

• Praise 1

Are we allowed to hunt wild boar?

wild boar meat is tasty!

Animals in the wild, sometimes the meat have parasites ... need thorough and careful preparation.

Animals in the wild, sometimes the meat have parasites ... need thorough and careful preparation.

I can only think of bro Carbon82 for his culinary skills.  [laugh]

Its very sad the wild boars natural habital is being taken over by us. Now it seems they are the in wrong for hurting us humans when in actual fact indirectly caused by us.

• Praise 1

Its very sad the wild boars natural habital is being taken over by us. Now it seems they are the in wrong for hurting us humans when in actual fact indirectly caused by us.

The problem of overpopulation here.
  • Praise 1

Wa it's my estate in fact right outside my house, was wondering what was going on this morning on the way out (saw the ambulance and police)

Hahaha if i catch I let y'all know then we can MU to share the meat haha  [;)]  [:p]  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9