Usage of disabled/handicapped parking space/lot

Bloodymiko

It is a stupid system that immediately got abused by the non-handicapped.

I cannot understand why can't the abled-bodied driver parked in a normal lot and come back to bring the handicapped upstairs etc. Occupying that special lot for an hour for own convenience only serve to deprive a driver who is really handicapped.

Bulky mobility aids considered under this Scheme include wheelchairs, walking frames, and lower limb prostheses.

P.S. My carpark got one able-bodied driver who consistently use the handicap lot. I feel like capturing on video.

Edited by Kklee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Driver clearly in the wrong after parking in handicap lot -- but still argues with LTA officer-

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/driver-clearly-in-the-wrong-after-parking-in-handicap-lot-but-still-argues-with

Too many of such ppl, <_< kana liao so LL pay for ur mistake, some more park more than 10 mins [smash] ,,,,,,, no end to such unwanted act so the Garment come hard on this.

• Praise 5

Then his car screeched and stop in front of my car and still staring at me. I'm really wondering what's wrong with this man. Then an old man came down from the car with a walking stick, then I realized why he's been staring at me. I wanted to get off my car and ask if he needs the parking lot so since I'm waiting so let him go first, but his wife came down from the car and stared at me and then he quickly drove round and parked his car opposite mine.

I'm really puzzled, then i checked if his car has the disabled/handicapped sticker, he didn't have it. So why is he staring at me all the time? Then when his wife left the old man walking halfway on the path towards the block and quickly went back to the spot where he dropped them, he drove his car quickly again so close to my car (almost scratching) and screeched and stopped in front. Then sped off.

They had the evident to prove their rights in the handicap lot, but you didn't.

You wanted to ask but you didn't.

Given that many drivers park at their own convenient, it is hard to blame them for staring at you.

• Praise 2

Just wanted to share some experiences ... re handicap lots in my project.

1. Estima

The owner have a Class 2 label but choose to put the car at the Handicap lot. They did not bother to move the car knowing that they can only park the car in the handicap lot for 1 hour. As a matter of fact, I hardly see them dropping off the "so call" handicap/disable person. IMO, just simply exploiting the situation with the label.

2. E200

Similarly with a Class 2 labels and wanted to park permanently in the handicap lot. He even requested for the MP to write in appeal to allow him to park. Again, trying to exploiting the situation.

For these 2 ... down to plain laziness and depriving someone who really need the lot

3. Golf

Choose to park at the handicap lot becos 2nd car owners are not parking at the MSCP but at the open carpark below his block. Claim that these 2nd cars owners are depriving him as a first car owner to park at the open carpark below his block.

There is a reason why there are handicap lots ... I have a friend and he walks with a walking stick. He needs the clearance to open the door so that he can gets out of his car. If he is parked in a normal parking lot between 2 cars, he cannot even get out of his car. Those with wheel chairs would need the space to get the wheelchair in/out of the car.

Finally, please have a heart .... the handicap people needs the additional show of compassion to make their life better. If you are a able bodied person, even if you have a Class 2 label, please do not exploit the privilege. Drop off the handicap person you are fetching and go park at a normal lot.

• Praise 2

nkallenbemaur, on 13 Mar 2015 - 2:31 PM, said:

SMLJ No.3 I came across spam today ....fly day 13th

• Praise 1

My mil now needs to use a wheel chair instead of walking  for any distance over 100m.

Can I just use the blue disabled parking space without showing a disabled disc or something.

How do people know if I use the disabled parking space legally or illegally?

Edited by Neutrino

My mil now needs to use a wheel chair instead of walking  for any distance over 100m.

Can I just use the blue disabled parking space without showing a disabled disc or something.

i have merged the thread

seems that you perhaps need assistance in your ABILITY to SEARCH in MCF first BEFORE posting as this thread sufficed to answer the major queries

thank you

this post sums it all:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2679770-usage-of-disabledhandicapped-parking-spacelot/?p=4485593

My mil now needs to use a wheel chair instead of walking for any distance over 100m.

No, you cannot. Go apply for the disc.

• Praise 1

I have similar situation whenever I fetch my MIL out for meals, so I will usually let my wife and MIL alight near the entrance / exit / lift lobby, and than go look for empty lot. Same after we finish the meal, just ask them to wait for a while and I drive my car over to pick them up.

Let those who really need the handicap lot use it, we should consider ourselves lucky that we do not need it.

A little inconvenience for us, but for them, they do not have any other alternatives.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8