Marine Parade MRT Location  

52 members have voted

1. 1. I think it will be at

• Next to NTUC ( old library)
    • Current Marine Parade Library
    • Next to Parkway Parade
    • Marine Parade Park
    • Other part of MP

just hope they dont enbloc all the marine terrace hdb for the mrt .. else LL for alot of ppl.

Hard to say, now you see whenever they are building roads, mrt or tunnel, they tear down whatever building that obstruct them, and they dont bother whether the affected building history. -_-

Normally it's near the central.

Look at clement mrt. The shophouses n hdb makeway for it.

I have a feeling that the existing central will be affected or gone when they started building the mrt there.

Turbocharged

want to be ultimate convenient.... built under PWP..... best of best location.... provided they dont dig until the whole PWP got to tear down and rebuilt... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Just heard that the marine parade mrt station control will be at the old cinema. The hawker will be demolished to make way for circle line and it will be relocated to marine terrace where the hawker centre will be exPanded.

Neutral Newbie

Most of Marine Parade are reclaimed land,so I doubt very much you can have an underground station.And there are not many places for above ground as well.

Turbocharged

The lease of shop units and the market expires in 6 yrs time. Understand they are all not renewed and the shop owners are told to move out... so my take is that they will build it at where the market is and make it a interchange / central.... like clementi central.... and those HDBs at marine drive will most likely undergo SERS... most likely blk 74,75,76 as 74 is too close to the main road and will likely to be affected by the tunneling.

Neutral Newbie

The hawker told me their lease is 20 years and currently left 5 years.

They mentioned likelihood have 2 choices. Either the govt compensate them or they move to marine terrace to join the expanded hawker centre. The marine terrace town council will make way for hawker centre development. Nearby blocks will be rented flats for the elderly.

That makes sense as 5 years remaining lease is just right for the MRT. I'm in one of 74 to 76 blocks. Looking forward to any news.

Neutral Newbie

If blocks 74 to 76 got Sers and become like clementi central model, the flats is just like pinnacle duxton. I will never sell it away ever :)

Just heard that the marine parade mrt station control will be at the old cinema. The hawker will be demolished to make way for circle line and it will be relocated to marine terrace where the hawker centre will be exPanded.

If they need to demolished the hawker centre, think the shops nearby also will get affected. Cannot be they only tear down the hawker centre but left the shops there?! They may tear down the whole area and redevelop the place.

Edited by 13177

Neutral Newbie

Yes I think the shops may be affected as well.

Total makeover of mp central. There are hotels nearby so shd hv more lifestyle hub.

The fearful thing is if really sers I'm concerned the relocation venue. Often it's like bedok n chai Chee. Nice places but those who stay in mp will share the same sentiments that this place is irreplaceable.

Few streets away is 112 katong, joo chiat where famous eateries are there. Right here hv parkway n Ecp underpass. The air here is definitely fresher.

Neutral Newbie

The Eastern Region Line (ERL) will be the seventh Mass Rapid Transit line in Singapore and is under planning and evaluation. The construction schedule was announced in 2008 with completion set for 2020.[1] The whole line will be completely underground.

The Eastern Region Line will, from Marina Bay, serve the residential estates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast, and link them to Changi in the east and connect to the future Thomson Line.[2]

Total makeover of mp central. There are hotels nearby so shd hv more lifestyle hub.

The fearful thing is if really sers I'm concerned the relocation venue. Often it's like bedok n chai Chee. Nice places but those who stay in mp will share the same sentiments that this place is irreplaceable.

Few streets away is 112 katong, joo chiat where famous eateries are there. Right here hv parkway n Ecp underpass. The air here is definitely fresher.

Quite true, the current mp central looks out of date and wasteful of the prime land there. So i believe they will build something like the clementi mall building, with shopping, eatery, interchange, mrt and housing flats all within one building.

Edited by 13177

Neutral Newbie

How about the blocks surrounding the market at block 84? I am a tenant at block 83.. hope will not be affected leh :P

I am a happy person :)

Edited by ShepherdPie

Your fear is likely to come true.. Afterall, those at siglap are not offer any replacement near the sea side. Furthermore , that's out of Central Region. I think maybe replacement near Dakota area.

↡ Advertisement