Cycling or Driving

Bonafidestack

Hey guys!!! due to current car market. I thought of putting my car at home and cycle to work. Does anyone does that? please share your story!!!!

↡ Advertisement

no lehz bro. i walked to the MRT and then still need to take a bus to workplace, superb tiring. Hence bought my car as a OPC. not bad though.

But sometimes driving also sucks. Jams and finding parking. Somemore my workplace near driving school. got lotsa strawberry driver. Recently my friend just pass her license i sit her car she is like the SLOWEST driver i can find already. Such a danger to the road.. i

Hey guys!!! due to current car market. I thought of putting my car at home and cycle to work. Does anyone does that? please share your story!!!!

Kindly call for Bro Goodcarbuyer to come in, he is a hard core Bicyclist with plenty of his experiences and stories to share with us. [cool]

Turbocharged
(edited)

I tried it once around 1 month ago and loved it. Took me 40mins to cycle the 10km from home to office.. around the same time as driving.

This is until my gf put a stop to it.. because one of our friend was knocked down by lorry and passed away while cycling.. [:(]

Edited by Shull

hey E_b_l_s!!! Spot on! really alot recently. like you go anywhere also can see. even in the nightclub. i happen to see one driver drive don't wanna drive properly go and kiss here kiss there somemore. haix...

i stay woodlands, work town. how to cycle??!?!?!!? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

hey E_b_l_s!!! Spot on! really alot recently. like you go anywhere also can see. even in the nightclub. i happen to see one driver drive don't wanna drive properly go and kiss here kiss there somemore. haix...

then did u knock on their window and say: "can i join in too?" [:p][laugh]

I thought of putting my car at home - I do not encourage that. It is already an depreciating asset, you can't make it more worse by keeping it at home!

Neutral Newbie

RIP to your friend, but I have to admit there are alot and I mean ALOT of cyclists there who are stuntman on the roads.

Well, i thnk buying a car in singapore is already wrong. so u drive out or u never also wrong. even our gahmen blame us for owning a car that's why they price the COE so high.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

then did u knock on their window and say: "can i join in too?" [:p][laugh]

I kena'ed the same... A couple kissing.. In the end go closer I realised its someone I know...

Best of all, the "couple"were my collegues. Can't imagine how embarrassing it was for them..

Edited by E_b_l_s

i stay woodlands, work town. how to cycle??!?!?!!? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

last time i have a colleague stay sengkang, work in tanjong pagar, cycle everyday without fail (rain or shine) and he is almost 60 [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

last time i have a colleague stay sengkang, work in tanjong pagar, cycle everyday without fail (rain or shine) and he is almost 60 [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

SERIOUSLY? he must be a triathlete lah!

I used to do that when I was still at my old working place, since there's a shower facility there. In general, try to cycle early before the morning rush hour to avoid all the hassle, and also you need time to shower and change. Going back home, either you go back earlier (since you come earlier) if your boss/company allow you to, or go back later; again, to avoid the rush hour.

It depends on your route, though, as certain areas the traffic is more "civilised". CBD, despite the heavy traffic, I find that the traffic is manageable. Places like geylang, macpherson, etc, the traffic is simply too messy and a bit dangerous...

Last time, after cycled with my clipless pedal a few times, i decided to change to platform pedal for safety reason. Faster to jump off the bike should something happen... Also, not sure whether you are riding a road bike or mountain bike, the thickness of your tyre may save your life also. I had a few close call with my road bike due to the way LTA put up the grilled hole cover and metal plates on areas with underground construction.

Most importantly, enjoy the ride... morning air with less car is so refreshing :)

Neutral Newbie

hahahahaha..... LMAO!

Well, the guy's a close colleague, but what I saw does tell alot about the other party..

She's very new to the company.

↡ Advertisement