Shell stations to take down price boards

Darthrevan

ST_20120627_P1BLURBS27_3179106.jpg

Oil giant Shell will stop displaying pump prices at petrol station entrances, ending its seven-year solo campaign to raise price transparency in the industry.

It has started removing price boards across its network of about 60 stations.

This means motorists will find out about fuel-price changes only when they drive up to a pump island, or if they trawl the various oil companies' websites.

The oil majors used to make it a practice to inform the public of price changes via the media.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNew...ory_815531.html

↡ Advertisement

Shell's station in Lorong 1 Toa Payoh on Tuesday - the same day this price board was due to be taken down. Shell says its research shows customers prefer information on services and products provided at retail stations to price boards. <<< [laugh]

Shell's station in Lorong 1 Toa Payoh on Tuesday - the same day this price board was due to be taken down. Shell says its research shows customers prefer information on services and products provided at retail stations to price boards. <<< [laugh]

Its a load of BS. :D:D

WTF!!! i like their display, i think they have a differentiated service to motorists, what a waste and what a crap of bull for the reason they gave. if to ex to power the display, just use static display lo

bring down also good la. WTF sometimes the board flashed outside and the price i pump also buay gum. checked and the staff there didnt update outside.

They should also remove the pricing on the pump. [:p] Wait till customers go to pay at the cashiers and let the customers startled with some surprises. :D

Supercharged

So it's either one or the other, cannot have all? <_<

Supercharged

as if drivers saw the increase in the price they dont pump... most will keep pumping the same brand to accumulate points so these price boards are plain useless...

doesn't concern me, all pump prices also the same wat <_<

not entirely true..SPC ron98's price differs and Shell vpower's price differs..only ron92/95 are similar across the board and shell do not provide ron92 fyi

well....price board up or down...still need to pump...price up or down also still need to pump...pump here or pump there also need to pump and price also same same before discount...so i think it make sense they just pull them down.... [shakehead] [shakehead] before they tell us because of the price board...overhead higher so need charge higher... [laugh] [laugh]