Nissan Sunny Boot Dents

Icarus

Just wondering if anyone knows the reason why there are so many Sunnys out there with dented boot? The dents are always at the corner of the license plate area... [gossip]

↡ Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone knows the reason why there are so many Sunnys out there with dented boot? The dents are always at the corner of the license plate area... [gossip]

long pia lor...

I was thinking could it be the owner slammed the boot all the time then structural problems maybe? Always see them kena dents in same spots!

Saw it everytime too..

(edited)

Same observation too, maybe cannot take the stress from the two water melon.

Or maybe due to local weather, too hot.

Edited by KaKiLang

I have no answers but this question has been bothering me for a long time too [:p]

Supersonic

Big meh? many car aso big & long.. aso dun dent like tat..

Lol, thought sunny and altis also about same size?! Then how come didnt see any altis boot area got dent?

Yes I have also noticed this. I believe that it's because the top of the boot lid is bulging outwards, and if you look at the car from the side, you can see it sticks out around the same as the rear bumper. Most cars have rear bumpers which stick out more than the boot lid.

So once you have a situation like in most HDB car parks, when you reverse towards a wall but the top part of the wall has a protruding part. Then the top of the boot will surely kena dented if you rely only on the reverse sensors.

Just my speculation but I think it should be correct :D

I was thinking could it be the owner slammed the boot all the time then structural problems maybe? Always see them kena dents in same spots!

This is untrue la bro.

Yes I have also noticed this. I believe that it's because the top of the boot lid is bulging outwards, and if you look at the car from the side, you can see it sticks out around the same as the rear bumper. Most cars have rear bumpers which stick out more than the boot lid.

So once you have a situation like in most HDB car parks, when you reverse towards a wall but the top part of the wall has a protruding part. Then the top of the boot will surely kena dented if you rely only on the reverse sensors.

Just my speculation but I think it should be correct :D

Yours sounds the most logical. Altis bumper protrude out alot.

The 2 dents are most likely caused by the boot lid (chrome part) pushing inwards when it comes into contact with the wall.

Even if only 2 reverse sensors, shouldn't their detection range overlapping one another?

so even a pole should be detected? Cmiiw.

If stop at beep-beep-beep i think shouldn't hit anything, unless already beeeeeeeeep... still reverse.

Anyway, reverse sensor just to assist. ^_^

Bo lah.. Imagine the boot is nearer to wall than reverse sensor. Which one will hit first? Some MSCP if you don't park facing the main road, meaning the inner part of the MSCP, the top portion sometimes has protruding cement wall to hold the metal railing one. So if lower part don't have anything, chances are reverse sensor will detect but the distance reading from reverse sensor should be further from the actual distance calculating from the boot lip.

↡ Advertisement