ST Forum: Time For Three-Quarter Tank Rule To Go

Vulcann

Supercharged

I say; Great saving, honestly, I knw 2 blk away, this Gung ho neighbor goes into Jb every Sunday early morning, 6am to do his weekly marketing of fish, vegetables & groceries, he merely call the fish-monger, they packed what he order, made pay and load onto his car trunk, plus topping up his fuel till brim.

I asked him, how much can he save in a month, He replied in the positive, If you calculate monthly multiply by 12, Great saving hor ! He washes his own car here. . . Nvr drink nor smoke either.

Now I know why he work here and spent in JB town. Wet market, Giant grocery and Indian barber hair-cut. Breakfast are all in JB, ( Sunday Free parking too. )

All it takes is just one robbery on your neighbour and he will guai guai stay in SG every single day

↡ Advertisement

If scrap the 3/4 tank rule, I gurantee the woodlands-JB jam will double or even triple!!! Do we really want that?!

not really. those that go in once a week to pump will only need to go in once every 3 week or so as they can go in with lesser petrol. So the increase wont be much. and because lesser ppl pump in spore, spore petrol company will be force to lower their price to keep competition up and in doing so lesser ppl will want to go in just to pump petrol. End up all driver benefit from the removal of 3/4 rule.

I may be wrong too. just my toughts.

not really. those that go in once a week to pump will only need to go in once every 3 week or so as they can go in with lesser petrol. So the increase wont be much. and because lesser ppl pump in spore, spore petrol company will be force to lower their price to keep competition up and in doing so lesser ppl will want to go in just to pump petrol. End up all driver benefit from the removal of 3/4 rule.

I may be wrong too. just my toughts.

you are wrong. especially on the part that you mention once every 3 week to once a week thing. think again, figure it out why it is wrong.

And the SG govt would listen to the MY govt because........?

so if MY set 1/2 tank rule, and singapore set 3/4?

then how?

cross sg customs then drive aimlessly till MY side?

you are wrong. especially on the part that you mention once every 3 week to once a week thing. think again, figure it out why it is wrong.

Eh any clue? :D :D Help me a bit. cos my logic is if ppl go in 3/4 tank can last 1week den going with 1/4 is 3 weeks worth of petrol. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

I find sg side jam worst than CIQ...

SG side is the super kiasu and kiasi, everything must record down and check and customs do 100% check.

Wonder what happened to the "helicopter vision" back then when desiging the new Woodlands CIQ. The jam was already real bad in the old CIQ days and they failed to solve this problem with the new CIQ even when they have sufficient experience to learn from the Tuas complex.

If they had forsee the need for 100% checks, why didn't they build more lanes for customs inspection? They can have at least 10 immigration counters, then the lanes converge into 1 and finally 3 customs lanes (if lucky). No wonder jams.

If these vehicle checkpoints are also listed and graded the same as the same standards as airports, I wonder if there'll still be these massive jams.

I also wonder the first time when I used the CIQ why need to merge and then separate lanes for custom inspection again.....and sometimes when you open the boot, the guard was talking to his colleague and didn't even look into your boot.......then close it and ask you to leave..... [laugh]

If scrap the 3/4 tank rule, I gurantee the woodlands-JB jam will double or even triple!!! Do we really want that?!

if it forces the local prices lower, then it wont double.

you forget to include the earning from petroleum company bidding for the petrol station sites... all these are $$$...

i won't expect MIW to scrap it unless it is proven that the cost of implementing is more than revenue received...

In my opinion, unless the Govt feel threaten, they won't act!!! Because they still have 60.1 to support them blindly!!!

These are business costs that the petrol companies have to consider, if they bid high it's their problem. They can choose not to bid if the price is too high.

If I open a business and bid high for the land, can I get the gov to give me monopoly and we go profit sharing?

Actually SG being such a small island that is almost very accessible, it's not necessary to have so many petrol kiosks.

I guess if any alternative parties can promise to withdraw the 3/4 tank rule, MIW will definitely act.

Coupled with revising back the age for full CPF withdrawal.

I also wonder the first time when I used the CIQ why need to merge and then separate lanes for custom inspection again.....and sometimes when you open the boot, the guard was talking to his colleague and didn't even look into your boot.......then close it and ask you to leave..... [laugh]

Not forgetting after customs inspection, it's merged to a single lane again to exit the checkpoint.

If a vehicle needs to go for a more thorough inspection, they can be singled out by the customs and directed to another inspection bay while those who are cleared should be able to leave freely.

The customs and exit area is just another firetrap, I wonder how SCDF can approve such designs.

If a car caught fire then how? That area is almost an enclosed area and with all the jams, firefighters can't even have proper access and with all cars on full tank of petrol, imagine the fire spreading from 1 car to the other.

Seems like they put security above safety.

they say its a form of car control tool but u n i know its jus one of the many ways to suck $$.

pple keeping money in the bank deposits does nothing, only pple keep spending fuels the economy. ^_^

Maybe due to my 5 yo B & B car, my last few trips up north via Tuas have not been checked for fuel status... [:p]

In any case not scared bec always kiasi filled up my tank 3/4 or more when driving out of country.

But, make sure the oil cartels also drop the pump price in tendam with the cut in petrol tax.

Singapore's ron 98 is selling at around S$2.05/litre, S$1.85 after 10% discount, adjusted for S$0.44 petrol duties means net after tax retail price of S$1.41/litre.

In Malaysia, Ron 97 at RM2.90 /litre which is equivalent to S$1.21/litre.

Difference of S$0.20, probably due to higher land cost, GST and labour costs. Yes, they are slow to drop price when crude falls and quick to rise them in a reverse situation but I didn't think profit margins are excessive. Probably rich but not obsence considering international wholesale price is around S$1/litre. There are so many businesses in Singapore with fatter margins... telco, power...

They have to drop price to adjust for cut in petrol duties, otherwise case will ask them drink kopi.

this news come at the right time to remind everyone ....

Kidnapped S'porean family now safely back home

A Singaporean family is now safely back home after a harrowing experience early Sunday morning in Johor Bahru.

37-year-old Rita Zahara was driving back to Singapore with her sister, two children and her maid.

About three kilometres from the Immigration Checkpoint at Woodlands, she stopped at a petrol station to top up her tank.

Her sister, two children and maid remained in the locked car while Rita left to buy fruits.

That was when two men armed with guns and knives demanded they open the door.

After accessing the car, they sped off with the four members in the car.

Upon seeing that her car was missing, Rita called her sister's cell phone, which was answered by one of the kidnappers.

They demanded money from her and threatened to kill her family if she went to the police.

For the next four hours, Rita negotiated with kidnappers.

At the same time, she was also in contact with Malaysian and Singapore authorities.

The kidnappers finally released her family by the roadside.

Helped by villagers nearby, they were brought back to the police station.

The culprits stole her car and all the valuables inside worth some 200,000 Malaysian ringgit.

I love road trips, be it by car or bike.

However i realise there is really alot of Singaporeans going in PURELY with the sole purpose of pumping petrol.

I don't know how a wish can pump 50++ litres, a swift can pump 30++ litres, old honda civic VTI 40+ litres..

either they have a switch installed or they tried their luck.

This is causing alot of unnecessary jams, i will rather they check more frequently....best scenario if they check every single car, like how they check your boot when returning.

↡ Advertisement