ST Forum: Time For Three-Quarter Tank Rule To Go

Vulcann

Supercharged

Some ppl prefer this way ... I can only say to each his own ....

Reminds me of one of my current staff ... drives a car, but don't want to park in office cos don't want to pay the monthly subsidized parking ...

So, every morning, he will park at some secluded spot and then walk abt 15-20mins to office .. coming in, all drenched in sweat ...

I see liao also nothing to say ... :blink:

Maybe he needs the exercise?
↡ Advertisement

The queuing, toll, weekly time wasted/risk taking just does not make sense.

If it really comes to that, might as well be a sole proprietor.

sorry don't get it. Why become a sole proprietor?

Seriously, i dunno why people of our age are discussing squeezing more petrol into the tank until brim.

Wah piang 19-20 year old just got licence issit  [laugh]

Are we trying to cross the sahara on one full tank of petrol? Yeah should discuss.

JB petrol? Come on lol.

Some ppl prefer this way ... I can only say to each his own ....

Reminds me of one of my current staff ... drives a car, but don't want to park in office cos don't want to pay the monthly subsidized parking ...

So, every morning, he will park at some secluded spot and then walk abt 15-20mins to office .. coming in, all drenched in sweat ...

I see liao also nothing to say ... :blink:

is the monthly parking very expensive?

• Praise 2

Depends on yr car make and model. I filled in 48 litres for my Passat, with fuel gauge needle pointing at One mark above the half tank mark.

But that requires patience. Fuel pump cut off at 33 litres. Took me another 15 mins to slowly squeeze in another 15+ litres. But I do this only in the Wee hours when there is no queue behind.

Ur fuel gauge spoil

sorry don't get it. Why become a sole proprietor?

Seriously, i dunno why people of our age are discussing squeezing more petrol into the tank until brim.

Wah piang 19-20 year old just got licence issit [laugh]

Are we trying to cross the sahara on one full tank of petrol? Yeah should discuss.

JB petrol? Come on lol.

is the monthly parking very expensive?

Panavans. 1.5TD with 5AT.

At most with windows, pay road tax like petrol car. No need additional pte passenger vehicle diesel tax.

• Praise 6

Twincharged

The last time I went to JB to pump petrol weekly was like 8 years ago when I was in poly and just go license. Used to go at like 12 midnight to avoid traffic. From my house to pump petrol and back takes about 30-40min.

That time, my fuel gauge spoilt so it always shows full. I go in and pump every 500km.

Panavans. 1.5TD with 5AT.

At most with windows, pay road tax like petrol car. No need additional pte passenger vehicle diesel tax.

WA didn't know got such a thing. Ha how come never take off?

The last time I went to JB to pump petrol weekly was like 8 years ago when I was in poly and just go license. Used to go at like 12 midnight to avoid traffic. From my house to pump petrol and back takes about 30-40min.

That time, my fuel gauge spoilt so it always shows full. I go in and pump every 500km.

Might not be worth the effort when VEP comes into effect

[sly]

• Praise 1

you had been real lucky I must say..... I doubt that is a valid excuse when caught. 

Edited by Vratenza

You are not afraid of being accused of tampering with the fuel guage?

Twincharged

You are not afraid of being accused of tampering with the fuel guage?

I never tamper. Its spoilt. They did check quite often but always see its full then never say anything. But there were a few times, they ask whether got 3/4 then I just answer truthfully lo. Tell them that the gauge say full. Ask whether I got tamper or not, I also told the truth and said no.

you had been real lucky I must say..... I doubt that is a valid excuse when caught. 

Yeah. I knew that. But I just answer truthfully whenever they ask lo. Whether tampered or whether got 3/4 tank or not.

Might not be worth the effort when VEP comes into effect

Now never do that already... Got enough to pay for petrol. Last time in poly, still student.

• Praise 1

I never tamper. Its spoilt. They did check quite often but always see its full then never say anything. But there were a few times, they ask whether got 3/4 then I just answer truthfully lo. Tell them that the gauge say full. Ask whether I got tamper or not, I also told the truth and said no.

Yeah. I knew that. But I just answer truthfully whenever they ask lo. Whether tampered or whether got 3/4 tank or not.

Now never do that already... Got enough to pay for petrol. Last time in poly, still student.

They asked if you have 3/4 tank of petrol and you told them about the faulty fuel gauge and that you have not tampered with it and they waved you through? It does not read like you have answered their question. Just curious on how ICA handles such honesty. Lol...

• Praise 1

Sounds like you answered them, but not truthfully . Lol.
  • Praise 1