ST Forum: Time For Three-Quarter Tank Rule To Go

Vulcann

Twincharged

They asked if you have 3/4 tank of petrol and you told them about the faulty fuel gauge and that you have not tampered with it and they waved you through? It does not read like you have answered their question. Just curious on how ICA handles such honesty. Lol...

No la. When they ask got 3/4 tank or not, I say my gauge say full. Lol. They ask got tamper or not, I say no. Which is the truth ma. Of course never say its faulty la...  [sweatdrop]  They only ask whether got tamper or not ma. Never ask whether fuel gauge faulty or not...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

No la. When they ask got 3/4 tank or not, I say my gauge say full. Lol. They ask got tamper or not, I say no. Which is the truth ma. Of course never say its faulty la...  [sweatdrop]  They only ask whether got tamper or not ma. Never ask whether fuel gauge faulty or not...

Going by that logic, if they ask you if your licence expired, you say "No"? :D

When you never took a licence in the first place. [laugh]

Sound strategy, I must say.

• Praise 3

How do anyone know when to top up petrol and not get stranded on a highway  if "happy" problem of always full fuel gauge happens to everyone?

Turbocharged

How do anyone know when to top up petrol and not get stranded on a highway if "happy" problem of always full fuel gauge happens to everyone?

Use a dickstick lor

not everyone have the width narrow/thin enough to pass through the hole (at least mine dun fit)........not to mention risk of mucking up your fuel filter in double quick time with the stray strands.....

[:p]

Use a dickstick lor

Twincharged

Going by that logic, if they ask you if your licence expired, you say "No"? :D

When you never took a licence in the first place. [laugh]

Sound strategy, I must say.

Nowadays they never ask license expired or not already ma. Now they ask got license or not.

How do anyone know when to top up petrol and not get stranded on a highway  if "happy" problem of always full fuel gauge happens to everyone?

I also don't know when fuel tank is empty. I only know that the car can easily get more than 500km for each full tank, so I just pump at every 500km lo. I don't know how much is left in the tank after 500km.

Supersonic
(edited)

mileage. My family had a car where the gauge was also spoilt (but showing empty!) and it wasn't repaired for a long long time.

Just tell the customs that the gauge is faulty then show a recent fuel receipt. Usually they don't even bother to read the receipt.

Edited by Kusje

(edited)

Three-quarter tank rule could soon include diesel vehicles

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/three-quarter-tank-rule-could-soon-include-diesel-vehicles

Simi mah ai jiak!

Knn! Hungrier than Hungry Ghost!

[shakehead]  [thumbsdown]

My greatest concern is such policies only squeeze businesses (especially SME) and working class people. The downstream effect is increase in prices for many things to come. Everything seems to be increasing these days even basic commodities like water and electricity. I :a-confused: (shake head) when I read somewhere some big shot said that high milk prices is because of Singaporeans' fault ..... Helloooooooooooo.

This time really see (die) liao. [laugh]

PS: After reflect I can understand the ration...... GST and GST increase helps the poor.

PSPS: If I run my car on cooking oil, I am sure sooner or later cooking oil would attract the 3/4 tank rule.

PSPSPS: From 1/2 tank to 3/4 tank rule, I am guessing it is matter of time before it becomes full tank rule.

Edited by Still2016
  • Praise 6

Three-quarter tank rule could soon include diesel vehicles

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/three-quarter-tank-rule-could-soon-include-diesel-vehicles

Simi mah ai jiak!

Knn! Hungrier than Hungry Ghost!

[shakehead][thumbsdown]

I had looked at this some time back

The 3/4 tank affects all dutiable fuel

Since they slap a 10c on diesel, it becomes a dutiable fuel

But Malaysia is not much cheaper

I guess they are preparing for future more taxes on diesel

Which would make it worth the while to pump full tank in Malaysia

My greatest concern is such policies only squeeze businesses (especially SME) and working class people. The downstream effect is increase in prices for many things to come. Everything seems to be increasing these days even basic commodities like water and electricity. I :a-confused: (shake head) when I read somewhere some big shot said that high milk prices is because of Singaporeans' fault ..... Helloooooooooooo.

PS: After reflect I can understand the ration...... GST and GST increase helps the poor.

Lorry cannot go JB pump diesel

But it does affect those diesel cars

If what u quoted come true, then sinkies hong k** liao!

Diesel pump price up means every damn thing upz...

My greatest concern is such policies only squeeze businesses (especially SME) and working class people. The downstream effect is increase in prices for many things to come. Everything seems to be increasing these days even basic commodities like water and electricity. I :a-confused: (shake head) when I read somewhere some big shot said that high milk prices is because of Singaporeans' fault ..... Helloooooooooooo.

PSPS: If I run my car on cooking oil, I am sure sooner or later cooking oil would attract the 3/4 tank rule.

PSPSPS: From 1/2 tank to 3/4 tank rule, I am guessing it is matter of time before it becomes full tank rule.

We need to get rid of the root cause of all evil!

Dun "hand soft"!

• Praise 13

Supersonic

That must be because most of the price difference is because of the duty. And some ministered say we wouldn't understand

Supersonic
(edited)

3/4 tank for diesel

full tank for petrol

huat ah !

and clamped down on those selling "industrial" diesel.

Edited by Kb27

3/4 tank for diesel

full tank for petrol

huat ah !

and clamped down on those selling "industrial" diesel.

Mai sabo Hor
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Maybe in future make you carry filled SG50L Rotopax tanks whenever you drive out of SG. :D Cannot use foreign fuels.

100% filled tanks OUT, 100% empty Rotopax tanks IN. [laugh]

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement