Problem with Domestic Maid - yr best advice please.

A_korusawa

Hi

Appreciate if you can share your experience, recommendation or advice should you have had this similar problem I'm facing now........

Hired a 9 yrs experienced Indonesia maid - paid more hoping she can help my wife........Maid arrived & complained not happy, wanna transfer on her 3rd day.

Called maid agency....... was told to hold on to her, no new Biodata available yet.

Waited & waited, while bearing with her bad, 'bochap' attitude towards us despite treating her like one of our family.... makans, short tour, outings etc. Of course, gotta bear with her mistakes made........ she spoiled 2 TVs by wiping with wet cloth, choked toilet pipe & many others. Despite lecturing her, she continued her 'bochap' attitude.

On the 4th week, she ran away (w/o our knowledge) to the agency & accused that my wife slapped her. Last I heard from maid agency that police report was made by them & she is now under investigation. I guess she's now either in the Home or agency's lodge. Obviously, agency is not helping us at all, for all this matter! We (me & wife) are concerned but not worry in proving our innocence. Yes, my wife chided her at times on her mistakes, but we do not lay hands on her! We lodged a police report for our perusal to further actions, if needed.

Called MOM, they adviced to speak with concerned IOfficer for permission to cancel WPermit. Called police, they dunno if any abovementioned report was made against us, just asked us to wait . . . Called maid agency, I summarized the answer: 'no disclosure until investigation ends'

Now, what can we do besides waiting........ WPermit is still under my name, I'm still liable for her & I'm sure there will be $$$ charged onto me during this 'investigation period'.

Your Best Advice Please. . . . .

↡ Advertisement

Agent only care of themselves.

Whenever our maid has problems. We has to send her back to agent and ask for replacement.

While your old maid is waiting in agent for new employer, her work permit is still register under your wife name.

So in the few days (or weeks), anything happen to your old maid, like run over by a car, your wife has to bear full responsibility of her expense in hospital....

If you think that your maid is really the trouble maker type, it is best to ask your agent to send her back straight to indoensia.....

Hypersonic

You should just drive and drop her off at the maid agency on the 3rd day. Don't even let her stay on.

I knew of someone who continue to let the maid stayed on with the agent's advice. In the end, the maid ran off to the embassy and a police report was filed saying that someone hit the maid. Went to subordinate court and high court to fight, in the end sentence stayed. 6 weeks jail.

My best advice? Buy a tape recorder and record down every conversation you have with the agent from now on. The agent might propose something.

Hypersonic

Some maids during interview everything say can

but reach your home everything cannot.

their objective is to first come to Singapore then ask for transfer to a more cushy job

It does not matter if you treat them well or not.

families with very young children are the worse kind of working environment for them

as parents are very very particular about the kids.

For TS, it is best to get her off your hands asap.

do everything yourself more hard work but less frustration and anger.

If 9 years in Simgapore experience.

That means she knows all the tricks and tips from Luckies.

Just dump her at the maid agency. Let the maid agency make the discipline enforcement.

Better don't keep her too long, if not she might complain to ambassador you I'll treat her.

Now maids not stupiak.

Sometimes it's better to hire virgin maid.

Guys,

If you read again...... the maid had actually runaway to the maid agency.

The agency believed in her story & helped her to make police report that my wife had abused her!

I dunno if she had inflated any injuries on herself to justify her accusation against my wife.

Of cos, its definitely painful road to prove innocence next.

Now, can I cease the maid's WP?

Is there any penalty if I go ahead to cease her WP.

Next, can I still get back my $, i.e. maids pay & admin fees?

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

Firstly, maid dont want to work for you. She is not stupid. All these are tricks and intended acts from maids to purposely make mistakes and make employer angry and sent them back. But you managed to hold on for 6 weeks, before she draw her last option and run away.

At this juncture, you should cancel her WP to stop being her legal sponsor after her run away.

For me it will only be Pinoy because of communication.

2nd maid within 10 years

Current maid employed directly through recommendations from relative's maid.

So she dont have to paid high agency fees, this makes her really happy.

There are some papers works and trips to embassy, airport, safety training, insurance, and medical check up. But not too difficult.

Now my maid is even happier, I allow her free internet access, tablet and smartphone.

If 9 years in Simgapore experience.

That means she knows all the tricks and tips from Luckies.

Just dump her at the maid agency. Let the maid agency make the discipline enforcement.

Better don't keep her too long, if not she might complain to ambassador you I'll treat her.

Now maids not stupiak.

Sometimes it's better to hire virgin maid.

low level antics - stil stupid. now even make false statements. ^_^

reminds me of those junior unmotivated staff, at their age, everywhere has something for them to learn but they choose to wallow in their own pity. let alone as TS said, the family is paying higher and treating her like their own.

This topic v real

My wife n my mum kp asking me get a hse maid so dun hv to clean house by own self after a days work

But I jus dun trust them n still enjoy cleaning myself

Think few months ago

I walked thru my neighboring park

Saw a group of maids sitting round tog chatting

While respective kids playing by themselves

Guess what

One of the maid sitting onto the kids bag !!!!

When the kid came over to her

To my horror!!!

The young maid shouted at the kid to get lost!

Omg

I nv trust maid but I believe there r good ones out there

Hi

Appreciate if you can share your experience, recommendation or advice should you have had this similar problem I'm facing now........

Hired a 9 yrs experienced Indonesia maid - paid more hoping she can help my wife........Maid arrived & complained not happy, wanna transfer on her 3rd day.

Called maid agency....... was told to hold on to her, no new Biodata available yet.

Waited & waited, while bearing with her bad, 'bochap' attitude towards us despite treating her like one of our family.... makans, short tour, outings etc. Of course, gotta bear with her mistakes made........ she spoiled 2 TVs by wiping with wet cloth, choked toilet pipe & many others. Despite lecturing her, she continued her 'bochap' attitude.

On the 4th week, she ran away (w/o our knowledge) to the agency & accused that my wife slapped her. Last I heard from maid agency that police report was made by them & she is now under investigation. I guess she's now either in the Home or agency's lodge. Obviously, agency is not helping us at all, for all this matter! We (me & wife) are concerned but not worry in proving our innocence. Yes, my wife chided her at times on her mistakes, but we do not lay hands on her! We lodged a police report for our perusal to further actions, if needed.

Called MOM, they adviced to speak with concerned IOfficer for permission to cancel WPermit. Called police, they dunno if any abovementioned report was made against us, just asked us to wait . . . Called maid agency, I summarized the answer: 'no disclosure until investigation ends'

Now, what can we do besides waiting........ WPermit is still under my name, I'm still liable for her & I'm sure there will be $$ charged onto me during this 'investigation period'.

From what you wrote looks like you're unsuitable to have a maid. Have you gone for any maid training/employer courses before.

Please take care of your home yourself.

I wish if its that simple.

As I oledi said, police ask me to hold on until an IO contact me . . .

But I will be going down to police station later with my report to confront the police that if there's no proof of report against me or my wife - I will cancel the WP immediately tomorrow! Then, I will make another report on the agency for holding up a maid with no permit to enforce her expatriation 'Balik Kampong'.....

At the same time, for refund on both agency fees and the maids' salary I paid upfront!

Ideally, this is what I plan to accomplish next 2 days!

Until I confirm if my part is 'clean', I will reveal the agency's name cos I state nothing but the truth!

Really quite pissed with this agency..... but what to do, sigh!

1. Please name your agency

2. How did you get your maid? Was she in Singapore or she was in Batam with passport ready?

3. Where is she now? At the agency's lodge?

4. Usually, if you cancel the WP, you will be liable to send the maid home (if I am not wrong). In addition, when you do that, esepcially during the loan period, it is unlikely that the agency will refund anything. This is because the agency does not have the maid to "sell" to the next customer. So the loan is not "transferred" to the new customer.

5. The best option you have now is to call MOM and ask for advice.

6. But if you are really pissed off, and can bear with the money, do what you have said. I hope you are still holding on to the WP.

All the best....

From what you wrote looks like you're unsuitable to have a maid. Have you gone for any maid training/employer courses before.

Please take care of your home yourself.

Everyone who want to employ a maid, has to go thru the course.

Hi

Now, what can we do besides waiting........ WPermit is still under my name, I'm still liable for her & I'm sure there will be $$$ charged onto me during this 'investigation period'.

Get ready any evidence that you treated the maid well, like pics of outings, neighbours willing to be witness, tour receipts etc.

Work permit no choice have to wait for I/O and maid agency also can't help much since they also dunno whether the maid is telling the truth.

Don't bang table with the agency until the matter is resolved. Agencies sometimes can undertable nego with maid to settle amicably and if bang table with them, they may not be so willing to help as they don't really need to.

Sorry to hear about your plight but there is really nothing much more you can do at the moment, except my advice in my first sentence.

↡ Advertisement