Problem with Domestic Maid - yr best advice please.

A_korusawa

sad to hear that.

next maid try get from myanmar

i feel they are smart, humble, hardworking, friendly, and if you are lucky, slim and swee also :wub: . lolx

compared to most from other countries.

Any recommendations, I mean the good maid agency?

Btw, to ALL . . . . Thank Q!

Any good recomendations on your Maid Agency?

↡ Advertisement

Any recommendations, I mean the good maid agency?

Btw, to ALL . . . . Thank Q!

Any good recomendations on your Maid Agency?

My classmate owns one. If u want, PM me.

Another classmate got hers from him and have been happy with all the maids so far. Any problem with maid, he personally take care or pass it to his maid's "caretaker". [sly][lipsrsealed] Cant reveal much here, its his trade secret.

Best advise I can give....... Go without maid.

I used to have a maid for a short 2-year period. And we had enough agony and furstration that we thought it would be better off without a maid. And we survive although the initial period was tough.

Any you realise your kids are more independent, you become more efficient (well no choice lah, got work, got housework, got to cook, got to coach the kids in their works etc), you see lower lower utilities bills, you save maid's salary and levy etc.

Only thing is that you will have little time or just too tire to do other things. But over time, you will be able to adjust your schedule. I have time to attend guitar classes and play futsal with a group of old uncles once a week. Also do some exercises a few times a week.

yes, come thinking of it . . . its always best w/o maid.

the benefits are long term.....

- kids become more indepemedent & mature

- home expenses will be clearer

- less sorry to any misdeeds by a 3rd party in the household

totally agreed..... its about adjusting schedule & getting used with the chores & foregoing the 'luxury' . . . etc.

I've some ang mo family frens actually go w/o maid, e.g. 1 aussie fren with 6 children (3 to 12 yrs old) insisted w/o maid cos they hated the 'intrusion'.....

it pains me to see my wife fulfilling all these chores, especially sacrificing our private outings, breaks over weekends etc.

she gotta drives the kids to schools too. its really tuff on her, though she insisted now that she does not wanna a maid

both our in-laws are not available, & I travels a lot in my work . . . . . thus, I tot having a maid will ease my wife's load.

sigh . . . .

back to the case.......

I spoke with my assoc lawyer, dometsic employers are simply 'stupidly' protected by these laws in singa land

the voice from politicians to boost baby, helping in family life etc. are all BS when it comes to these issues

case trust/assoc of ea.... they are just setup to look good & mediators that are most likely not very effective

police's answer:" ....sorry, pls wait"

sigh, another victim to this system!

Supercharged

nowadays these maid can job hop one ok... my friend's maid for 2 years suddenly says wanna go home one day, they didnt think much and let her go... a couple of days later, they see her working for the house directly opposite theirs and their place are those with only 2 flats facing each other on each level... reason obvious cos my friend got 2 infants and living with their in laws but the household opposite only got 2 old folks with a dog... so dont see these maid from the villages no up...

The great fear is finding them moonlighting during off days. Vice or no vice activities.once they are caught, employers will be deep troubles and tons of inconveniences.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

We have the exact same problem...and I tried to search the net for info as I think we are being cheated.

Can you email [email protected] your situation...like which agent...etc...If all ties, we can actually work together.

regards,

Gildor

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Appreciate if you can share your experience, recommendation or advice should you have had this similar problem I'm facing now........

Hired a 9 yrs experienced Indonesia maid - paid more hoping she can help my wife........Maid arrived & complained not happy, wanna transfer on her 3rd day.

Called maid agency....... was told to hold on to her, no new Biodata available yet.

Waited & waited, while bearing with her bad, 'bochap' attitude towards us despite treating her like one of our family.... makans, short tour, outings etc. Of course, gotta bear with her mistakes made........ she spoiled 2 TVs by wiping with wet cloth, choked toilet pipe & many others. Despite lecturing her, she continued her 'bochap' attitude.

On the 4th week, she ran away (w/o our knowledge) to the agency & accused that my wife slapped her. Last I heard from maid agency that police report was made by them & she is now under investigation. I guess she's now either in the Home or agency's lodge. Obviously, agency is not helping us at all, for all this matter! We (me & wife) are concerned but not worry in proving our innocence. Yes, my wife chided her at times on her mistakes, but we do not lay hands on her! We lodged a police report for our perusal to further actions, if needed.

Called MOM, they adviced to speak with concerned IOfficer for permission to cancel WPermit. Called police, they dunno if any abovementioned report was made against us, just asked us to wait . . . Called maid agency, I summarized the answer: 'no disclosure until investigation ends'

Now, what can we do besides waiting........ WPermit is still under my name, I'm still liable for her & I'm sure there will be $$$ charged onto me during this 'investigation period'.

Your Best Advice Please. . . . .

As mentioned, can you email me [email protected]. I think we have the exact same problem. We can help each other. Awaiting your reply.

I'm afraid you have just been conned, this loophole has been exploited by agent/maids since last 3-4 years ago. And especially now since their minimum wage has gone up. Sad to say, getting a good maid now needs pure luck.

Now only thing u can do is just cancel wp and send her back, rather than her being rolled over to other unsuspecting employers.

If you still do need a maid then go to another reputable agent, but then again it's based on luck what you'll be getting. But at least you don get conned.

My second maid, also from indo, quite destructive with a few appliances... The only way is we just have to be a bit more patient and train her everyday.

Neutral Newbie

Hi

Appreciate if you can share your experience, recommendation or advice should you have had this similar problem I'm facing now........

Hired a 9 yrs experienced Indonesia maid - paid more hoping she can help my wife........Maid arrived & complained not happy, wanna transfer on her 3rd day.

Called maid agency....... was told to hold on to her, no new Biodata available yet.

Waited & waited, while bearing with her bad, 'bochap' attitude towards us despite treating her like one of our family.... makans, short tour, outings etc. Of course, gotta bear with her mistakes made........ she spoiled 2 TVs by wiping with wet cloth, choked toilet pipe & many others. Despite lecturing her, she continued her 'bochap' attitude.

On the 4th week, she ran away (w/o our knowledge) to the agency & accused that my wife slapped her. Last I heard from maid agency that police report was made by them & she is now under investigation. I guess she's now either in the Home or agency's lodge. Obviously, agency is not helping us at all, for all this matter! We (me & wife) are concerned but not worry in proving our innocence. Yes, my wife chided her at times on her mistakes, but we do not lay hands on her! We lodged a police report for our perusal to further actions, if needed.

Called MOM, they adviced to speak with concerned IOfficer for permission to cancel WPermit. Called police, they dunno if any abovementioned report was made against us, just asked us to wait . . . Called maid agency, I summarized the answer: 'no disclosure until investigation ends'

Now, what can we do besides waiting........ WPermit is still under my name, I'm still liable for her & I'm sure there will be $$$ charged onto me during this 'investigation period'.

All I can say is you suay until the juice flow out.

You MUST play dirty, threthen to send her back ... Tell agent she is rude and Bks ... Play punk

Buy ticket send her back , cancel wp online!

side track a little - i think i have problem with my neighbour's new maid a few doors away.... she's early 20s, okay looking but got big boobs. WA LAO EH! how her sir tahan??? i dunno how the madam think also.

i stole some glance at her when she walk the dog at night. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

side track a little - i think i have problem with my neighbour's new maid a few doors away.... she's early 20s, okay looking but got big boobs. WA LAO EH! how her sir tahan??? i dunno how the madam think also.

Tiko man

Your competition is bangla. I got faith in you. :D

Hi,

We have the exact same problem...and I tried to search the net for info as I think we are being cheated.

Can you email [email protected] your situation...like which agent...etc...If all ties, we can actually work together.

regards,

Gildor

apologise for this late reply

I have sent you my number

lets chat there if you keen on this topic

cheers

Hi, All

sillypore has become a very weak nonsensical law policy maker dat only put practices in macro level (as showcase only).

MOM is one very good example!

our garmen is doing its easy way out to apply "one law fits all" w/o even bother to look into its effectiveness.

instead of seeking the 'get real feedbacks', reports are all about 'fine-tuning' to please the eyes, & protect their own rice bowls.

this is what its all about in Section 22 (1)(d) of the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act and Section 182 of the Penal Code.

the worst is, AEAS is just another 'karaoke den' that only works 2 hours per day, collecting subsidiary & public funds to sustain itself.

what they do - NOTHING! they just lick the agencies' boots that pay them the admin fees.

CASE; they c--t be bother to help since AEAS is not gonna share the 'pie' with them.

and our law & order is only to 'prove of innocence' on the stand;

to trial on 'basis of accusation' is a rich man business in the civil $ packages!

all what happenend to me is manifestation of the abovementioned!

on my case, I can conclude that the maid agency - JAVAMAID EMPLOYMENT AGENT, managed by Peter in AMK branch took advantage of the above to benefit himself monetarily. its around $xxx lesson learnt from here, not to mention the 'dramatic' pain on my domestic end.

its fortunate that we took it lightly as not to affect our lives that much.

though i may afford this, what about other families . . . .?

well, the sillypore garmen just dun care as long as the revenues is a default collections, for themselves!

cheers!

Hi

many moons ago.....my maid ran off back to the agency after 2.5 months...I cancelled her permit the next day..

Concurrently, I wrote an email to the agency stated that the maid was with them during our tele-conversation(date and time) and

I have no responsibility whatsoever if anything happen to this maid.....C.C to MOM

Yes, the agency was very pissed off....but at least i can sleep peacefully

many moons ago.....my maid ran off back to the agency after 2.5 months...I cancelled her permit the next day..

Concurrently, I wrote an email to the agency stated that the maid was with them during our tele-conversation(date and time) and

I have no responsibility whatsoever if anything happen to this maid.....C.C to MOM

Yes, the agency was very pissed off....but at least i can sleep peacefully

u did well [thumbsup] ....a lot of these agencies need to be [whip]

↡ Advertisement