Parking at Gardens By The Bay

Zxcvb

(edited)

but walking over the bridge is very short distance? any steep steps etc (problems for old people using walking stick, kids in prams?) or is escalator all the way?

We did a photoshoot for one of the contractors the week before opening. The bridge linking MBS to the Gardens has a 3-4 level staircase on the gardens side that you have to go down to ground level. Its is then 3 flights up (if I am not mistaken from ground level to the bridge level) going back to MBS. Also walking around in the park is no joke as there is much to see and cover. Those proposing to park further away might want to take this into consideration especially if you have an entourage of kids and old folks. I would suggest you let the hype about the gardens to die down and then go to the place using its underground car park. After shooting and walking around the park ourselves, the walk back to our car in the underground car park was taking its toll on us though granted it was a particularly hot day that day.

Edited by Bullterrier

New place sure SGrean kan cheong to go..tink i wait for few more months then i go... [cool]

I think some of super EX trees inside the flower doom are already dead by the time you visit!??

They don't look good, perhaps the trees haven't adopt to the new environment. But they seems to me that they are struggling to survive. [:/]

I think some of super EX trees inside the flower doom are already dead by the time you visit!??

They don't look good, perhaps the trees haven't adopt to the new environment. But they seems to me that they are struggling to survive. [:/]

isit the tree make of metal wire? wad is that for ? solar tree?

Turbocharged

but walking over the bridge is very short distance? any steep steps etc (problems for old people using walking stick, kids in prams?) or is escalator all the way?

MBS level 4, then come out walk across the bridge and you will reach the garden

Opened already, since last Friday. Yes, Barrage is walking distance to the Gardens, in-fact just next to each other.

For the best fireworks view, you should cross the bridge and watch it in-front of MBS, facing the Fullerton Hotel, Esplanade, etc.

tempted to go to the gardens ^_^

Got to pay to enter the observatories (the 2 big "shell") - $20 per adult. Also pay $5 to walk on the OCBC skybridge.... [:(] Other parts of the Garden is free entry.

Thanks Bro, read this evening's Wan Pao, a family of 2 adults and 3 children cost up to $105 dollars, even with discount for SAFRA etc, also up to 90 over dollar, definitely not meant for local average wage earners..... :wacko:

Tesla Coil Farm.. an integral component of the CBD missile defence shield.

Plants and trees alone wouldn't have cost $1Bil!

isit the tree make of metal wire? wad is that for ? solar tree?

i was there last december for a sneak preview of the garden. Very nice especially if u bring ur pah toh or your family. That time parking was free and the carpark was a thumbs up as it is an underground carpark. Too bad the temperate enclosure was under construction then!

Nod nod ..me and inlaw family were there as well. Free and plenty of parking lots. As for the dome i remember there were couple of ang moh guide to do some walk/stop explanation. I find it quite amusing as everyone encourage to walk around the dome in the same direction so end up like a big cirle of crowd going round and round. [confused]

There was this huge cocordile stature/stool ( i sat on it [:p] ) around the dome entrance.

OK.. beside the two domes there is a garden or park. I don't find it nice as probably i am not someone into "green" at all. :wacko: Cut across the park/garden u will come to a bridge linking to MBS. Hmm probably first time standing "Above" the ECP. [laugh]

Turbocharged
(edited)

guys...I don't know where are all these parking places that you are talking about, but why not just take a MRT to Bayfront? You walk out, take the OH bridge and you will reach gardens.

No need to worry about jam, car park fee and which car park is the best.

btw, why is there fireworks? what occasion?

Edited by Icedbs

Supercharged

guys...I don't know where are all these parking places that you are talking about, but why not just take a MRT to Bayfront? You walk out, take the OH bridge and you will reach gardens.

No need to worry about jam, car park fee and which car park is the best.

btw, why is there fireworks? what occasion?

Some people have large families, or with small children or with elderly so its actually more worthwhile to go together in a car. Coming back by car is also useful when everyone is tired to take the MRT.

Fireworks is for NDP rehearsal, the Preview on 4/8 and actual NDP on 9/8. Because the Gardens and MBS are just beside the NDP area, hence can just take the opportunity to view the fireworks display at the same time.

Nod nod ..me and inlaw family were there as well. Free and plenty of parking lots. As for the dome i remember there were couple of ang moh guide to do some walk/stop explanation. I find it quite amusing as everyone encourage to walk around the dome in the same direction so end up like a big cirle of crowd going round and round.

There was this huge cocordile stature/stool ( i sat on it around the dome entrance.

OK.. beside the two domes there is a garden or park. I don't find it nice as probably i am not someone into "green" at all. :wacko: Cut across the park/garden u will come to a bridge linking to MBS. Hmm probably first time standing "Above" the ECP. [laugh]

i was also wondering why were there so many ang mo guides....actually i was not there during the december period but much earlier (i have forgotten which month but maybe october or november during my company's excursion) but i am indeed surprised by its magnificent. There was a Malay Garden, Chinese Garden, Indian Garden and many many more. The crossover to MBS was also nice! [thumbsup][thumbsup] and i read somewhere that it was Marlboro's man idea! [laugh]:wacko:

MBGC? How to walk over? Swim? [laugh]

i wanted to reply that :P

Cross the shears bridge on leg? but wait how do u climb up first?

Supercharged

i wanted to reply that :P

Cross the shears bridge on leg? but wait how do u climb up first?

There is a staircase just beside the entrance into MBGC, and facing the Bay East Gardens Visitor Centre. You can use this stairs to access onto Shears Bridge.

i was also wondering why were there so many ang mo guides....actually i was not there during the december period but much earlier (i have forgotten which month but maybe october or november during my company's excursion) but i am indeed surprised by its magnificent. There was a Malay Garden, Chinese Garden, Indian Garden and many many more. The crossover to MBS was also nice! [thumbsup][thumbsup] and i read somewhere that it was Marlboro's man idea! [laugh]:wacko:

Maybe to be fair, why not name the bridge mahballoh bridge? :D

Turbocharged

There is a staircase just beside the entrance into MBGC, and facing the Bay East Gardens Visitor Centre. You can use this stairs to access onto Shears Bridge.

Yup! This staircase is also used by recruits 24km route march from changi jetty to floating platform to POP.

Actually you can park at MBS... And walk over from there... Although expensive but sometimes better than waiting for a lot cos you wont find any... I would have parked VALET... $12... walk all you want...

↡ Advertisement