Singapore Property Prices Defy Gravity to Hit All-Time High

Sabian

(edited)

not defy gravity la >>> need balloon, see when burst only

it's asset enhancement scheme ... there is only one way to go ... UP !

pixar_up-8.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

valuation is the key factor propping up the prices..coupled with low interest loans to entice buyers..higher valuation means higher stamp duties for the nation's coffers..huat ah! [laugh]

(edited)

as analyst said ... the up turn still long way to go unless economy u-turn sibei jialat

1. huge backlog >>> based on analysis the backlog will only be cleared by 2015

2. low interest rate >>> remain low for the next 2 years, at least

3. high cash pile (bank + cpf)

4. side liners + newcomers (still coming in just at slower pace)

valuation is the key factor propping up the prices..coupled with low interest loans to entice buyers..higher valuation means higher stamp duties for the nation's coffers..huat ah! [laugh]

Edited by Wt_know

not defy gravity la >>> need balloon, see when burst only

it's asset enhancement scheme ... there is only one way to go ... UP !

What an app picture for the topic!!!! [thumbsup]

meaningful movie [thumbsup]

Supercharged

is my eyes playing tricks on me..

this morning i read a news from yahoo pertaining to SG property, mentioning the growth for Q3 & Q4 likely to stay stagment

and now, we got another news.. which is which??

Hypersonic

The median s'porean need to realise that their salary is not increasing at the same rate as property and price to income ratio is widening. Should stop giving into high prices. If possible, stay with parents for the time being.

Supercharged
(edited)

yes, i agree it is valuation propping up. i wanted to buy one unit and find the valuation all much higher than the last done prices. and the sellers want to sell at valuation price instead of last done prices. the marked increase in valuation came around april onwards. then i went to do some rationalisation and realised that Sky Habitat high pricing have brought higher valuation across the board for all property prces in singapore. thanks capitalland

my guess is somewhat confirmed when article came out recently that condos in upper thomson also sold mroe units and higher pricing after sky habitat launched.

sky habitat east brother katong regency also contributed to increase sales and prices elsewhere in singapore.

Edited by Acemundo

If the recent past transactions for a certain project is at $1650psf and there is a few units going for $1480psf......if the current bank valuation is going for $2.xmill and the unit is selling for $1.7mill, is it considered undervalued?....in case anyone is wondering why these units are selling cheap, there's a reason for it which I cant state here...

The median s'porean need to realise that their salary is not increasing at the same rate as property and price to income ratio is widening. Should stop giving into high prices. If possible, stay with parents for the time being.

seriously.. if you did your research... many ppl from other countries are paying even higher price for properties given their salary.. in JP, the loan actually extend to the 2nd generation. There is a chance that the property continue to raise given the low-interest and high inflation situation. Just be careful not to be caught homeless.

As mentioned, relative to the number of coffee, the current property price didnt really raise much.

yes, i agree it is valuation propping up. i wanted to buy one unit and find the valuation all much higher than the last done prices. and the sellers want to sell at valuation price instead of last done prices. the marked increase in valuation came around april onwards. then i went to do some rationalisation and realised that Sky Habitat high pricing have brought higher valuation across the board for all property prces in singapore. thanks capitalland

my guess is somewhat confirmed when article came out recently that condos in upper thomson also sold mroe units and higher pricing after sky habitat launched.

sky habitat east brother katong regency also contributed to increase sales and prices elsewhere in singapore.

valuation up has a more important purpose [sly]

Turbocharged

Waiting for price to drop, don't want to get caught at the tip of the bubble....(image just popped into my mind of the reservoir at the tip of a condom)...

price drop just a bit then jump into market...

Maybe another round of cooling coming soon...

Waiting for price to drop, don't want to get caught at the tip of the bubble....(image just popped into my mind of the reservoir at the tip of a condom)...

price drop just a bit then jump into market...

Maybe another round of cooling coming soon...

cooling measures will not cause property prices to fall ( base on history ).

However, pple are overlooking to overall macro picture of the global economy. Spore maybe doing well on its on now, but pretty much the entire west is facing troubles, not to mention China, india slowing down too.

Not saying that prices will crash soon ( i have no such ability to forecast), but as a rule of thumb, the closer we are to the peak of any bubble, the more emotional pple are. Which seems like the case today.

↡ Advertisement