Work during hospitalization and maternity leave

Swingarm

Hi All, my wife is a teacher and she is due soon. She have requested for HL and will countinue with her ML when she gave birth. Now the school wants her to set exam papers when she is on ML. Is it legal?

Thanks for the advice

↡ Advertisement

sometimes your wife need to tell the school to look at the bump in her tummy. AKA wake up the person who told her to set papers.

i remembered an inconsiderate boss of mine, her wanted to call a staff who was hospitalised after breast cancer op.. me and my colleague were there when he was about to pick up the phone and we stopped him, short of lecturing him upside down. some people... [shakehead]

My wife continues to work even while on ML coz she say very sian at home apart from the milk feeding and diaper changes. :D

Some more she c-section which requires a longer time for the wound to heal. She tells me it's her responsibilities she gotto take care of. Boh pian if she wants to continue working.

You want to take legal action ah? :D

Dan the students how? Cannot expect them to take exam on a blank piece of paper?

sometimes your wife need to tell the school to look at the bump in her tummy. AKA wake up the person who told her to set papers.

i remembered an inconsiderate boss of mine, her wanted to call a staff who was hospitalised after breast cancer op.. me and my colleague were there when he was about to pick up the phone and we stopped him, short of lecturing him upside down. some people... [shakehead]

True... They try to squeeze every energy out...

My wife continues to work even while on ML coz she say very sian at home apart from the milk feeding and diaper changes. :D

Some more she c-section which requires a longer time for the wound to heal. She tells me it's her responsibilities she gotto take care of. Boh pian if she wants to continue working.

Dan the students how? Cannot expect them to take exam on a blank piece of paper?

Not like that la... Tot of writing in to the ministry who encourage birth but yet stressed out these people..

Anyway before my wife went to ML, they already sourcing out for relieve..

The way u put it is as tho the school cannot function without my wife... There are other teachers that can do the exam papers.

i know one sales person who follow up issues with me 3rd day after she gave birth calling from the hospital :huh: :huh:

and still.do that on weekly basis during her maternity :D

what does your wife think or feel?

She felt exhausted liao... During pregnancy already so jia lat... Whenever i picked her up from school, sure got complain liao... I hope she can take it loh.. Or i have to take paternity leave if she does her work... And give my child my chest milk... Hahahahaahha

(edited)

good to be able to think and do other things, if not can get post natal depression [laugh] provided not too pressurized!

Edited by Jman888

Supercharged

Now u know why alot of teachers resign after first contract? Coz MOE is such a ..........

A lot of time, unhappiness at work is due to direct boss, not the organisation.

Got human, sure got problem, everywhere is the same.

Sometime also .need to ask yrself how u treat tose reporting to u.

Just my two cents worth

Hi All, my wife is a teacher and she is due soon. She have requested for HL and will countinue with her ML when she gave birth. Now the school wants her to set exam papers when she is on ML. Is it legal?

Thanks for the advice

Excuse me, how does she request for HL? Must be admitted? :D

In most 1st world countries, its a clear NO! I believe in most 1st world countries, its not even legal for them to work even if the company willing to give extra pay for the service.

But in Singapore, well, I do nto know. I suppose it is still a no, but not doing the request may means being 'blackmarked'! So

Yap, Singapore labor law (or lack of it) have been lacking, as well as how poorly many superiors treated their suborniates. I think (my view only), MOM did not set rigid rules so labors can be make 'flexible' to remain 'competitive' e.g work long hours without OT pay or claim.

There are many ways to be competitive, but we are still using methods that are at least a few decades old when we are still in development. namely, cheap low end labors, or extract more work/hours out per labor personel.

IMHO different folks different strokes, we come from different work environment, office politics, diff pay grade, diff roles & responsibilities, work attitude also different. It's hard to make comparisons.

Supercharged

Don't spoilt the market lah....just ask your wife to tell that fellow off.....just said she need to rest..

sometimes bo bian. If that fellow is her superior and a petty one,

her coming appraisal might be affected.

A lot of time, unhappiness at work is due to direct boss, not the organisation.

Got human, sure got problem, everywhere is the same.

Sometime also .need to ask yrself how u treat tose reporting to u.

Just my two cents worth

Got problem of cause, but there is a big difference betwen small problem, & big ones.

Having worked in a few workplaces, as well as a few countries, I can tell you, there is a VERY VAST different between a workplace with a good working climate & interrelationship (top, side & bottom) vs one that is not.

good to be able to think and do other things, if not can get post natal depression [laugh] provided not too pressurized!

Her boss even promoted her when she got back to work. Her boss did not tell her about all this before hand. There are some things that ppl have yet to experience at their level right now. Once ppl have reach a level that they have to answer directly to clients they will know what is it like to have your staff to take leave at the most crucial moments. Go for ICT lah, give birth lah, wife give birth lah, take MC lah, Boh Lang zoh kang. Are you going to tell your client your staff give birth and all that. Sounds very unprofessional?

Do ppl know why ICT give 6 months or more notice in advance? Last time very last minute everyone kpkb as it causes a lot of disruption. I dun blame ppl coz they have yet to reach that level. I think ppl should also spare a thought for others also.

↡ Advertisement