At what combined income do you think one can afford a Condo

Animian

Why not? I only earn >5K a month and just bought a >1million property on my own!

Good, I like your spirit.....if only everyone is like you...haha

↡ Advertisement

Just wondering , with the property going up north , at what combined income do you think an average Singapore can afford a Pte property > $1.2m comfortably ?

EC > $1m for combined income of 12k is it too pushy / risky ?

There is a lambo @ 218k.

U can't drive Ur house out.

(edited)

good question but there is no answer whether it's too pushy/risky/ok

real life experience ... ah beng friend combine income $15K, bought a $3M (2 storeys) + 1 car (conti) + 2 kids + maid

i don't dare ask how he survive and how did he get loan and how much loan

i assume his parent sold their flat and live with him ... but that's only give him $500K-$600K headstart

Just wondering , with the property going up north , at what combined income do you think an average Singapore can afford a Pte property > $1.2m comfortably ?

EC > $1m for combined income of 12k is it too pushy / risky ?

Edited by Wt_know

Hypothetically speaking, is it legal to buy a van and modified it to be a "mobile home"? Just a theory in this rocket high property market.

I have a friend.

his income about 6-7k a month. his wife sometimes work, but after a while will quit, then work again, then quit again. very unstable working pattern.

has 3 kids and he needs to feed his mum.

made money on his HDB about 300k. die die wanna stay in condo. stretch until dunno like what go and buy EC in punggol. I advised him against it but it's his money.

I thought he has cash buffer from the sale proceeds of his HDB; end up he needed the money to pay off his unsecured loans and STILL WENT TO BUY A CAR. now modify the car like mad and spend even more money.

I really hope they can pull thru.

that is scary !!!

There is a lambo @ 218k.

U can't drive Ur house out.

but neither can you stay in the car >12hrs :P

Hypothetically speaking, is it legal to buy a van and modified it to be a "mobile home"? Just a theory in this rocket high property market.

Buy boat and convert it into home lah. A few ang moh expats are doing it.

I have a friend.

his income about 6-7k a month. his wife sometimes work, but after a while will quit, then work again, then quit again. very unstable working pattern.

made money on his HDB about 300k. die die wanna stay in condo. stretch until dunno like what go and buy EC in punggol. I advised him against it but it's his money.

I thought he has cash buffer from the sale proceeds of his HDB; end up he needed the money to pay off his unsecured loans and STILL WENT TO BUY A CAR. now modify the car like mad and spend even more money.

How do you know he hasn't got any side income or income that's off the records?

Maybe his wife charges $2k per night leh? How to know if he don't tell you? This type hor, IRAS also unable to catch.

Supersonic

I have a friend.

I find many people now upgrade to stay in condo after they have sold off their HDB flat. Wonder whether these people really make a huge profits in their hdb flat and could help them in their condo, or their income really very high? [:/]

I have a friend.

deep tribute to your friends :D

How do you know he hasn't got any side income or income that's off the records?

Maybe his wife charges $2k per night leh? How to know if he don't tell you? This type hor, IRAS also unable to catch.

his wife is SNSD type face is it? how come charge so ex lol

abor u buy mini bus more comfy? but again its even worse cos only last for 10 years and tax higher than HDB, suggest u to buy one room HDB better :D

good question but there is no answer whether it's too pushy/risky/ok

real life experience ... ah beng friend combine income $15K, bought a $3M (2 storeys) + 1 car (conti) + 2 kids + maid

i don't dare ask how he survive and how did he get loan and how much loan

i assume his parent sold their flat and live with him ... but that's only give him $500K-$600K headstart

ur ah beng friend must have lots of good lobang :D

I find many people now upgrade to stay in condo after they have sold off their HDB flat. Wonder whether these people really make a huge profits in their hdb flat and could help them in their condo, or their income really very high? [:/]

I think these people (most likely 1st owner) sold their HDB flat and keep the profit as cash.. Since they would have accumulated more CPF over the last 10-20 years, and if they cannot downgrade, they will go for Condo?

Supersonic

I think these people (most likely 1st owner) sold their HDB flat and keep the profit as cash.. Since they would have accumulated more CPF over the last 10-20 years, and if they cannot downgrade, they will go for Condo?

Maybe true, i notice those people who stay in 5 room hdb flat, usually they will buy condo when they sell off their flat.

↡ Advertisement