Electric cars

Expertz

EV with REx is not very popular.  I only know Volt and i3 has it.

All EVs to be launched don't have REx.

Europe and US has better charging facilities than Singapore. 

Even though Singapore is smaller.

I rem someone posted a video of Tesla travelling from Sydney to Melbourne.

the Nissan Note E-Power is extremely popular in Japan. Was about 100k sgd when COE was 50k last year. Wasted the model never got brought in by TanChong. Real world fuel figures at around 35km/l if i remembered correctly [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

Yeah I think that is better than full electric but still not suitable or going to be popular in Singapore where most stay in HDB or condos with communal parking facilities. 

I foresee people who buy Volt in Singapore will be fully dependent on the petrol generating the electricity to charge the battery most of the time unless they have a home charger.

Petrol to generate electricity......wasteful.

I think the current best technology for electric car is having a on board petrol generator. It not only extends its range but also can do without looking for a charging point.

Like this model, Volt.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Volt

Supersonic

When do you guys expect EV to be as common as Hybrid in Sin?

Does EV need engine oil ?

When more charging facilities are available.

This could start with petrol stations install such facilities, government vehicles take the lead to start using EVs and EVs have charging times as short as 30 mins for full charge.

Supersonic

Hybrid cars are the best option for those who live in that area where the weather is too hot through the rise of the sun.

Our solar energy technology is still not advanced.

Turbocharged

When more charging facilities are available.

This could start with petrol stations install such facilities, government vehicles take the lead to start using EVs and EVs have charging times as short as 30 mins for full charge.

Recently my place mscp has 2 charging stations installed.

Turbocharged

Wow...where's this? Is it for BlueSG?

In sengkang.

They didn't label. Currently blocked by barriers.

Total 4 lots reserved for this.

• Praise 1

In sengkang.

They didn't label. Currently blocked by barriers.

Total 4 lots reserved for this.

I stay in SK too! I'm hoping it's not BlueSG...haha

• Praise 1

For the naysayer,  ultra rapid charger is here.  It will pump out 350kw of power into EV.

In a move to win over customers concerned about extended charging periods, ABB has been developing an ultra-fast EV charging hub. Called the Terra HP DC Charger, the station is capable of charging EVs up to three times faster than Tesla's Superchargers. Cars compatible with the charging technology that underpins the stations can add a whopping 120 miles in just eight minutes of charging.

http://www.futurecar.com/2213/ABB-to-Deploy-Ultra-Fast-Terra-High-Power-EV-Charger

• Praise 2

Anonymous : 2 Praises for Electric cars

Comment: EV car spew CO2 at power station chimney - must also be taxed jialat. I sarpork the garmen on this one lah. How can EV car let off so easy?

Sent Today, 01:54 PM

Eh u stupiak or wat?

• Praise 1

Comment: EV car spew CO2 at power station chimney - must also be taxed jialat. I sarpork the garmen on this one lah. How can EV car let off so easy?

Eh u stupiak or wat?

i got 10 dislike for my personal post on electric car.

this joker simply hides behind the scene and give silly remarks..Come Come another dislike for me again.

• Praise 1

Maintenance of EV

There is an ignorant MCFer who thinks that it is le chey.  How can it be compared to remote control car?

https://www.energy.gov/eere/electricvehicles/electric-car-safety-maintenance-and-battery-life

Vehicle Maintenance

Because of their differing technologies, all-electric vehicles (AEVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) have different types of required maintenance. Both will require minimal scheduled maintenance to their electrical systems, which can include the battery, electrical motor, and associated electronics.  However, because of regenerative braking, brake systems on EVs typically last longer than on conventional vehicles.

In general, AEVs require less maintenance than conventional vehicles because there are usually fewer fluids (like oil and transmission fluid) to change and far fewer moving parts.  In contrast, because PHEVs have gasoline engines, maintenance requirements for this system are similar to those in conventional vehicles.

Battery Life

Like the engines in conventional vehicles, the advanced batteries in EVs are designed for extended life, but will wear out eventually. Currently, most manufacturers are offering 8-year/100,000-mile warranties for their batteries. Nissan is providing additional battery capacity loss coverage for 5 years or 60,000 miles. Manufacturers have also extended their coverage in states that have adopted the California emissions warranty coverage periods, which require at least 10-year coverage for batteries on partial zero-emissions vehicles (which include EVs). Check with your dealer for specific information about battery life and warranties.

https://www.tesla.com/support/maintenance-plans-ms-mx

Tesla Annual Service Inspection

Unlike gasoline cars, Tesla vehicles require no traditional oil changes, fuel filter, spark plug replacements, or emission checks. As an electric vehicle, even brake pad replacements are rare because regenerative braking returns energy to the battery, significantly reducing wear on brakes. Our inspections instead focus on checking wheel alignment and tire condition, assessing replacement parts like key fob batteries and windshield wiper blades, and installing the latest software update. Tesla recommends an annual service inspection for Model S and Model X every year or 12,500 miles, whichever comes first, to maintain your vehicle to top performance standards.

Supersonic

Eh u stupiak or wat?

Suaku one la