How past experience in NS/military helps your current work?

KARTer

My friend was a bump before NS, after that he became more serious, re-did his O-level as a private student and finally got his diploma. He told people NS changed his life:- the disciplines, etc and confinement in camp gave him time to think about his future.

I also have friends came out of NS same, or even worse, than before.

My lessons in NS were very small:-

field camp ------> appreciate basic comfort in civilian life,

keng-kings colleagues in camp ----> how to spot keng-staff at work

Not sure more positive or negative lessons which we can use in current work, or even just civilian life.

↡ Advertisement

i know some r very army proud. like my co...once in a while when things go his way, he would say its his special army training. dunno simi covert dept and holding cpt rank. [laugh]

for me...nothing much la. i was only a man in army...mayb learnt how to follow orders hehe

i know some r very army proud. like my co...once in a while when things go his way, he would say its his special army training. dunno simi covert dept and holding cpt rank. [laugh]

for me...nothing much la. i was only a man in army...mayb learnt how to follow orders hehe

LOL, I even more basic, I learned how to understand orders..... No, even more basic:- how to stay awake when orders are being given :D

LOL, I even more basic, I learned how to understand orders..... No, even more basic:- how to stay awake when orders are being given :D

haha but your time training, anytime tougher than us...ours is comfort generation-internet warfare [laugh]

Turbocharged

how to smoke people ... lol. very useful skill during my uni days haha ... especially during presentation

Turbocharged

not my work but my character

NS taught me how to bo chup..

it's an effective stress management in an indirect way.. thus lesser chance of depression [laugh]

Ya...... [cool]

especially this order from chow PC : "Do what you are told to do and don't do what I do" .... -_-

(edited)

I learnt how to ruff it out even in in the toughest of time. Maybe it was bcos i was in a mono-intake, with all the force marches and all the tekaning coupled with being in a unit where some dont even finished primary education, it really opened my eyes. Being in heavy rain with just your no. 4 and your FBO, drenched to the bone and imagining what will it will feel like to have a cuppa of coffee in bed with some biscuit for tidbits. It sure as hell makes me appreciate what i have now!

Edited by Eviilusion

most of the item.. military is a waste of time. Even NS, i hear of frens who go in just to sleep and take a break from work life. And the govn is paying them for their salaries to do this. What a waste of taxes. seriously...

Real test only comes when war.. whether who can really fight and kill will be a surprised.. i wun be surprised if i see officers running away in fear and clerks and storemen leaeding the charge in battle.

As long as we don't go to war, this is all wayang..

I learnt how to ruff it out even in in the toughest of time. Maybe it was bcos i was in a mono-intake, with all the force marches and all the tekaning coupled with being in a unit where some dont even finished primary education, it really opened my eyes. Being in heavy rain with just your no. 4 and your FBO, drenched to the bone and imagining what will it will feel like to have a cuppa of coffee in bed with some biscuit for tidbits. It sure as hell makes me appreciate what i have now!

After the experience like what you described, my trips overseas usually need very simple packing, coz can just rough it out. But no matter how basic the packing by civilian standards, it is still hundred times more "luxurious" than army days.

most of the item.. military is a waste of time. Even NS, i hear of frens who go in just to sleep and take a break from work life. And the govn is paying them for their salaries to do this. What a waste of taxes. seriously...

Real test only comes when war.. whether who can really fight and kill will be a surprised.. i wun be surprised if i see officers running away in fear and clerks and storemen leaeding the charge in battle.

Velkommen to Singapore...where the wayang is every where! [laugh][laugh]

u r rite...

(edited)

After the experience like what you described, my trips overseas usually need very simple packing, coz can just rough it out. But no matter how basic the packing by civilian standards, it is still hundred times more "luxurious" than army days.

I beg to differ! When i went for my active/reservist overseas stint, there will be pasar-malam (going and returning) of all our belonging duffle bags included. And there will be endless briefings on the do's and dont's. They even handed out condoms for our use. [laugh] There was even a time when one guy tried to smuggle 2 swords hidden in the duffle bags when we were coming back from Taiwan. For my holiday trips, i let my wife settle everything and the only thing i need to check is my passport! [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Eviilusion

u r rite...

Actually it depends on what type of vocation and unit one is attached to! If from the start of ns u are in a combat unit, your army life will be 'interesting'. And i will gladly exchange it for one that is 'right' if one is allowed!