Vpost Really CMI

Elmo

(edited)

Hi all,

Need help from fellow MCFers who had problems with VPost and had escalated your issues to their management.

Their customer service line and email contacts are useless. Tired of repeating my case to a different operator each time I called. The person(s) who replies to my email doesn't seem to even read his own email before replying and sent me usual templates without addressing the issue.

If you are interested to know the story, read on. Pardon my long ranting but I just need to know how to contact their management for help.

================================================================================

This started in end 2011. Helped a friend by providing my Vpost USA address for him to bring in 2 packages bought over a private seller over ebay. As the seller did not want to ship direct to Singapore, and would only ship to a US address, I emailed the details of the items to VPost and arranged for the delivery to my local address.

The 2 packages were identical in size and weight and contained 1 half of the overall structure.

Due to my friend providing the wrong tracking ID of 1 of the package, only 1 of them made it through smoothly and arrived in Singapore. The other was left in the VPost warehouse as they couldn't matched it with any orders/invoices. After providing the correct tracking ID, it was retrieved but VPost said they can't deliver to Singapore because the package contained grease and was labeled as dangerous goods.

Apparently, someone opened up the package and either contaminated it with some other greasy stuff at VPost or perhaps some grease had been left in there by the packer/seller. It is strange though because the other package that arrived smoothly did not contain any grease and it is an identical half.

Over the next few weeks were spent, getting VPost to explain why was there grease when the other half was ok and arrived smoothly. No one seemed to know what was happening and just logged my query and replied with standard email that they are checking with US counterpart.

I was subsequently given the options to return to seller, redirect to another US address or get it picked up by another 3rd party courier.

I chose the last option. Over the next few weeks were spent getting UPS to pick up the item from VPost but was again unsuccessful. VPost required some documentation to release the item which I prepared using UPS' online forms but somehow UPS couldn't pick it up. VPost kept saying no one picked it up while UPS said they can't because VPost refused to release.

In the end, I chose to redirect to another US address provided by the friend. Again, weeks past before VPost responded asking me to pay an admin fee by cheque for the redirection. Another few weeks passed and my admin fee payment by cheque were not cashed-in. Wrote in, and called and explained all over again. Finally the cheque was cashed and I awaited for any confirmation that it was redirected.

Few weeks passed again with me calling on alternate days and writing (lost count of number) emails.

Finally they replied with the ridiculous answer: The package was returned to seller in 2011.

WTF?? Didn't you just asked me to pay admin fee to redirect?

I called and emailed again to clarify.

One week later....: "Oh sorry, we have redirected the package as instructed in Oct 2011"

WTF again??? I only request for the redirection this year so how could it be redirected last year?

Called up and the customer service staff said...."it was redirected 2 weeks ago" Being suspicious I asked for an email to confirm the redirection and guess what the email said: "The package was redirected on 5 Oct 2011"

Wrote and called back and they got the cheek to write back that the US counterpart had "with finality, confirmed that the package was redirected to the given US address in 2011" I wrote back and asked them how they could redirect the package last year to a US address that I only provided this year?? Asked for their supervisor's contact and no reply till today.

Really f--k up cmi VPOST.

Edited by Elmo
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

when using vpost, try not to make it too complicated (eg having multiple packages for a single order). Ideally, it is one invoice to one single package.

This will cause massive confusion for the poor folks at vpost as they are not capable of tracking such shipments or understanding any of your calls or emails.

when using vpost, try not to make it too complicated (eg having multiple packages for a single order). Ideally, it is one invoice to one single package.

This will cause massive confusion for the poor folks at vpost as they are not capable of tracking such shipments or understanding any of your calls or emails.

Yes. To be fair to them, they are ok with simple orders like direct from Amazon with proper invoices and 1-to-1 invoice-package.

But if they are not prepared to handle complicated cases then might as well reject cases not from established merchants and I would have taken my business elsewhere and probably saved some of my hairs.

Just go to small claims tribunal pay a small fee and claim them for the loss. Why bother with the emails?

I have given up hope of getting the item. Now don't even know it's plight.

Don't think small claims tribunal will entertain since there should be some indemnity somewhere unless I have bought insurance on the package.

vpost has a very good way of responding to undelivered item....

they choose to ignore and remain non contactable to all quires. [shakehead]

...Wrote and called back and they got the cheek to write back that the US counterpart had "with finality, confirmed that the package was redirected to the given US address in 2011" I wrote back and asked them how they could redirect the package last year to a US address that I only provided this year?? Asked for their supervisor's contact and no reply till today.

This case of yours seem to be a very complicated case.

I am puzzled, just like you, how does Vpost USA redirect to the 2nd US address [you only provided this year] ? Your friend already provided to Vpost USA, without your knowledge ???

I do not have any problems with Vpost so far with 3 shipments.

Furthermore, in May'2012, Vpost USA had consolidated [promo - cost saving] 4 items into 1 shipment to Singapore [all items from Amazon.com, each with different delivery dates]. Received the consolidated shipment without much problems.

I have given up hope of getting the item. Now don't even know it's plight.

Don't think small claims tribunal will entertain since there should be some indemnity somewhere unless I have bought insurance on the package.

You never try you already give up. As long as the term of service is not fulfilled and the package is not delivered to you, you can claim. Just bring whatever invoice you had paid plus the supporting documents of the value of the package to small claims. It's not a difficult process. Ppl there will help you. Just try to claim back whatever you can. Dun let it go just like that.

Just a suggestion, would that particular ebay private seller be able to help trace the "missing item" from their end ?

Turbocharged

actually now that they implemented "self checkout", where you don't have to send them invoices to match, I find the whole process so much faster and smoother.

Finally they replied with the ridiculous answer: The package was returned to seller in 2011.

so did you check with the seller if the item is with him?

This case of yours seem to be a very complicated case.

I am puzzled, just like you, how does Vpost USA redirect to the 2nd US address [you only provided this year] ? Your friend already provided to Vpost USA, without your knowledge ???

I do not have any problems with Vpost so far with 3 shipments.

Furthermore, in May'2012, Vpost USA had consolidated [promo - cost saving] 4 items into 1 shipment to Singapore [all items from Amazon.com, each with different delivery dates]. Received the consolidated shipment without much problems.

My friend doesn't have contact with VPost so unlikely for him to provide the address to VPost.

Things from Amazon so far for me also no issue.

This case is complicated only because the local VPost can only communicate with VPost USA via email. No calls at all so if that side just give an arbitrary date without checking, local VPost will also just reply to me as such. I'm pushing them to communicate my case with the US side clearly. I have a feeling they just give the item number to the US side without explaining the background of the case and the ang mos there also lazy to check.

Just a suggestion, would that particular ebay private seller be able to help trace the "missing item" from their end ?

My friend emailed the seller. No replies from the seller thus far.

As far as that ebay seller is concerned, he or she sold to a domestic US buyer and probably gotten domestic shipping nia. whether tracking was gotten or not, it wouldn't matter.

same for me... vPost was quite speedy 2 years back... but now is painfully slow and messed up management and i stopped using them.

↡ Advertisement