Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
309 replies to this topic | 205 praises

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I just brought my car in for servicing - the mechanic said my shocks need to be changed - all four for $840...is this the normal price?
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:14 PM

Trafficwatch
  • Trafficwatch
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

What car are you driving ? If Japanese car it's quite expensive.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Simon_ng
  • Simon_ng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

it cost me $900 plus at autobacs with my previous Toyota Altis

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What car are you driving ? If Japanese car it's quite expensive.

Just an Altis...I'll call Autosaver later to see how much they quote.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

it cost me $900 plus at autobacs with my previous Toyota Altis

Wow! Guess it's close to the market rate then! sweatdrop.gif

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ooo...just called Autosaver...588.5 for 4 including labour!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

laugh.gif

sounds like a fair deal. new shocks will probably already costs $320 to $350, for 4 pcs. plus labour, will be around there $500. you may even get cheaper if u buy the shocks yourself from stockists

$840 is CHOP CARROT price, for stock normal shocks. you add a bit more, u can go for coilover liao.
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Kelvingoh45
  • Premium member
    Kelvingoh45
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Can u help me to get a quote for 2007 odyssey? Thank You.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Track
  • Premium member
    Track
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I changed my shocks for old altis few mths back.
Less than $300 for 4 shocks (from stockist).

Was too lazy, went to WS to change.
Overall cost is $600.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I changed my shocks for old altis few mths back.
Less than $300 for 4 shocks (from stockist).

Was too lazy, went to WS to change.
Overall cost is $600.

labour $300 !?!? ohmy.gif

New to iHerb? Use coupon code MCG340 for up to $10.00 off your first order.
http://www.iherb.com?rcode=mcg340

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

laugh.gif

sounds like a fair deal. new shocks will probably already costs $320 to $350, for 4 pcs. plus labour, will be around there $500. you may even get cheaper if u buy the shocks yourself from stockists

$840 is CHOP CARROT price, for stock normal shocks. you add a bit more, u can go for coilover liao.

Yeh - when I was quoted the 840, I was eh??? This is not a sports model!

So I told them I will do another day...didn't tell them I will do somewhere else too!!!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Skyiet27
  • Skyiet27
    Banned

He meant he lazy to run 2 Plc

So went ws let ws earn a bit on parts too

Btw ts, jus buy from stockist

Sg labour ard 80 then align 50

Jb labour 60 align 30

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

labour $300 !?!? ohmy.gif

Is ok...most of us don't have the equipment - to buy all the tools necessary might cost about $100 or more?

I had a recent example, needed to change my toilet inlet valve - a $19 part from Homefix - cheaper elsewhere.

I called a plumber - he wanted to charge me $65 - I went to youtube and found some useful videos - seemed simple - and it actually was!

So I bought my own tools - needed a spanner, a special adjustable spanner thing for pipes, some plumber tape/sealant - cost me about $40 all up, plus the $19 for the replacement valve - I saved about $6!

Yeh, sure I can reuse the tools again - but maybe in 5 years!

So...unless you work on your car a lot and can justify the cost of purchasing the tools - sometimes the workshops are the only alternative!
I_RIDE_DEEP praised this

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:56 PM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Can u help me to get a quote for 2007 odyssey? Thank You.

Eh? Call them yourself!

http://www.autosaver....sg/contact.htm

Choose the location most convenient to you!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:58 PM

SLSAMG88
  • SLSAMG88
    4th Gear
    Author Image

He meant he lazy to run 2 Plc

So went ws let ws earn a bit on parts too

Btw ts, jus buy from stockist

Sg labour ard 80 then align 50

Jb labour 60 align 30

Thanks for the advice - I don't goto JB.

Which workshop do you recommend in SG (preferably on the west side) and which stockist, Autobacs?

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thanks for the advice - I don't goto JB.

Which workshop do you recommend in SG (preferably on the west side) and which stockist, Autobacs?

Not Autobacs lah.

go to toyota stockists. i'm not sure who are the toyota stockists, but i'm sure some bros here will tell you later.

West side? most likely the stockist is at Alexandra Village.
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Toyota Stockists are GS auto at Owen Road, this one carries almost complete parts.
Their neighbor shop is also a smaller Toyota Stockist.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

Dumb
  • Premium member
    Dumb
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I changed my at agent's ws for $535.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Sk71
  • Sk71
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

changed my getz front 2 shock absorber for $430 inclusive of labour

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:37 PM

Tohdj
  • Tohdj
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I just brought my car in for servicing - the mechanic said my shocks need to be changed - all four for $840...is this the normal price?

i spent about S$500 for my Wish. parts + labour.
Regards

tohdj

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users