How much to replace shock absorbers?

SLSAMG88

I just called up autosaver to check about replacing my '06 toyota rush absorber (pricing to replace all 4 absorber), they quoted me 1500. Sounds reasonable or knife sharp sharp?

what do you guys think?

You can call stockist to check price. 1500 definitely cutthroat. Labour to install 1 absorber in SG ard 40. Bolehland RM120/pair.

I just called up autosaver to check about replacing my '06 toyota rush absorber (pricing to replace all 4 absorber), they quoted me 1500. Sounds reasonable or knife sharp sharp?

what do you guys think?

Neutral Newbie

Hi all, i am a 1st time car-owner n just bought a 2nd hand Mazda 2, left with 2 years to scrap. I went into JB Hup Heng Ang to change my tyres n to get my car checked.

I was told that the shock absorbers r gone n it will cost me about rm1.6k to replace all 4. (Rm760 for front, rm600 for rear and rm200 for labour.) I do hear a 'thump' everytime i go past a hump

Is it a decent price or a rip-off? Or i will have better luck with a local garage? Alternatively can i source for a used shock absorber?

Regards

Noob.

Car 6 mth left. Starting to ride like a boat. Think only the back absorbers are gone. What do you guys recommend?

1) Get recon absorbers & hope it last 6 mth? 2) Buy from scrap yard and pray? 3) Buy new and fix in JB? How much for the labor only?

Anyway, car is Tucson, anybody close t scrap and want to sell parts?

Edited by Matrix0405

Neutral Newbie

Car 6 mth left. Starting to ride like a boat. Think only the back absorbers are gone. What do you guys recommend?

1) Get recon absorbers & hope it last 6 mth? 2) Buy from scrap yard and pray? 3) Buy new and fix in JB? How much for the labor only?

Anyway, car is Tucson, anybody close t scrap and want to sell parts?

same problem as u.. car driving bobbing up and down. car till next march. so i think i need to change.. cannot take it.

will be going to JB for a diagnosis. then comnig back SG buy parts then go there again

what do you guys think?

its as good as murdering your entire family and parents and grandchildren

even my E class cheaper than tat

Edited by Furrynadz

Bought spare part from stockist for Vios 06. Spare part $75/pc for front absorbers.

Was charged RM 100 with labour and alignment in Hawk Tyre Taman Pelangi, all done within 1 hour.

Went to a workshop to ask for the same service and was quoted S$140.

Parts purchased from Minghee.

seeking opinion

done the TC “Shock Absorber campaign package“(all 4 sides) at 90km

found rear passenger side shock absorber (1 pc) leaking at 140km

3 more years before end of COE. Planning to drive till min 9th year

- Should just change the rear pair? (outside WS, OEM, $300/-)

- Go for TC package again (all 4 sides) $650/-)

What will you do?

• Praise 1

seeking opinion

done the TC “Shock Absorber campaign package“(all 4 sides) at 90km

found rear passenger side shock absorber (1 pc) leaking at 140km

3 more years before end of COE. Planning to drive till min 9th year

- Should just change the rear pair? (outside WS, OEM, $300/-)

- Go for TC package again (all 4 sides) $650/-)

What will you do?

Prob go for TC package, OEM ones doesnt last as long and also depends how u drive. IF not buy from stockist and bring to workshop of ur choice to change.

3 years is still long.... This is my 2 cents worth :grin:

Edited by cllq

Hi everybody. Sorry to hijack this thread as I can't post new ones yet. Was quoted $800 to change all 4 shocks for my 2005 corolla altis, which includes alignment and labour.

Checked with Ric Tat, the whole set is $278. Seems like the much more economical option is to get at Ric Tat and find a workshop to do it. Any reliable workshop to recommend with them just charging for labour?

• Praise 1

My Lancer GLX 1.6M 2007, need to change all 4 shock absorbers FULL SET, with mounting, stopper/cover and spring (as per my mehcanic, i not sure the part names) but I only manage to find from Tye Soon just the shock absorber only.

Any advise, where I can find whole set together or is it safe to buy them from separate places , if they will fit. [confused]

Any indication how much the parts? Tried asking few spare parts shop in JB but cant find for Lancer model [sweatdrop]

Thank you :D

• Praise 1

My Lancer GLX 1.6M 2007, need to change all 4 shock absorbers FULL SET, with mounting, stopper/cover and spring (as per my mehcanic, i not sure the part names) but I only manage to find from Tye Soon just the shock absorber only.

Any advise, where I can find whole set together or is it safe to buy them from separate places , if they will fit. [confused]

Any indication how much the parts? Tried asking few spare parts shop in JB but cant find for Lancer model [sweatdrop]

Quite sceptical that the spring needs to be changed.....

Quite sceptical that the spring needs to be changed.....

Thanks Flashbang.

I forgot to mentioned, my car was lowered by the previous owner with full set of D2 adjustable coilover or whatever you call that. Now the front right side absorber leaks & I cant get just 1 or 2 front replacement only. Since I have to get all 4, I tot I go back the original "un-lowered", as I have to do lots of running in Bolehland with potholes & humps EVERYWHERE. So, my mechanic said MUST buy full set with spring.

Your comments and advise, please. My car 15 months to go ONLY lo [dizzy]

Thanks Flashbang.

I forgot to mentioned, my car was lowered by the previous owner with full set of D2 adjustable coilover or whatever you call that. Now the front right side absorber leaks & I cant get just 1 or 2 front replacement only. Since I have to get all 4, I tot I go back the original "un-lowered", as I have to do lots of running in Bolehland with potholes & humps EVERYWHERE. So, my mechanic said MUST buy full set with spring.

Your comments and advise, please. My car 15 months to go ONLY lo [dizzy]

I also have no idea, lol. But sounds like you need a full set of original springs and absorbers...

• Praise 1

check with Min Ghee Auto, one of Mits stockists. or Fong Tat?  :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1