How much to replace shock absorbers?

SLSAMG88

Hi guys, just curious that when you all replace the shocks, you all use back stock shocks or? Usually how many km need to change shocks?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi guys, just curious that when you all replace the shocks, you all use back stock shocks or? Usually how many km need to change shocks?

You only change 1 time in 10 years car usage, I change mine in the 5th year, the 10th year you will be scrapping liao, so no need.

(edited)

I just got a quote from Borneo Motors...$1200 to change all 4 shocks!

The only shock they are giving me is when they quoted me that price! [laugh]

Wah.. mights well change to coil over..

Edited by Aaron_soh80
  • Praise 1

You only change 1 time in 10 years car usage, I change mine in the 5th year, the 10th year you will be scrapping liao, so no need.

But currently my nissan cefiro is 7 yrs old.. dont know if i should change or not or just make do with my current ones until the COE is up. When I send my car for servicing, the mechanic did say my front shocks are leaking slightly already. hm.. dilemma..

But currently my nissan cefiro is 7 yrs old.. dont know if i should change or not or just make do with my current ones until the COE is up. When I send my car for servicing, the mechanic did say my front shocks are leaking slightly already. hm.. dilemma..

I left my shocks alone for one year after the workshop told me my front shocks were leaking...at first, didn't feel much difference...but after a year, every bump was like a hammer hitting my jaw!

I just changed mine on Saturday, I can now happily drink my McCafe coffee while driving without worrying about speedhumps!

How does it feel after change of absorbers?

Just changed mine! It's like floating on a cake! [laugh]

Really, really song song gao jurong!

I left my shocks alone for one year after the workshop told me my front shocks were leaking...at first, didn't feel much difference...but after a year, every bump was like a hammer hitting my jaw!

I just changed mine on Saturday, I can now happily drink my McCafe coffee while driving without worrying about speedhumps!

May I know you change which brand?

Just changed mine! It's like floating on a cake! [laugh]

Really, really song song gao jurong!

haha.. hey.. which brand u change so i can also song song gao pasir ris?

What car are you driving ? If Japanese car it's quite expensive.

My sunny mileage 161k and TCM recommended me to change all four for $535 including gst.

Turbocharged

my car 9th year. mech said the shocks something like leaking or worn. he shone a torch but i stilll couldnt figure problm.

---- if car still stable and still got bounce when go over bend, no need to change right?

9th year quite waste to change shock.