Latest Quota for COE...

Ticklish8

Turbocharged

Nowadays people dun even know how to push the car to the side when breakdown/stalled in the middle of the road.

Push car might get dirty hands. Besides, no strength and I dunno how to free gear car.

↡ Advertisement

Is the ever increasing COE harming Singapore economy driving up the inflation?? People takes on more expensive car loan with higher debts, drying the excess liqudity, discouraging young people from saving.......

I m worried for the future of this county!!!!

the fundamental concern should be if cannot afford, then dont buy.. save up the money for rainy days instead... the roads here are really congested to the max, and there are really too many cars nowadays...

the fundamental concern should be if cannot afford, then dont buy.. save up the money for rainy days instead... the roads here are really congested to the max, and there are really too many cars nowadays...

"really congested to the max"??? hahaha.. Haf u seen the roads outside Spore? No need go so far. Indo & Thai will do. Then u know what "really congested to the max" means !

Push car might get dirty hands. Besides, no strength and I dunno how to free gear car.

Then please do us a favour by changing new car or not skimping on maintenance.

Turbocharged

Then please do us a favour by changing new car or not skimping on maintenance.

Your scarcasm meter is a little faulty. I think you should go get it caliberated.

For sure low end jap and Korean car will die slowly.

But I look at the trend now most people around me are changing to more expensive cars with the current Coe price

"really congested to the max"??? hahaha.. Haf u seen the roads outside Spore? No need go so far. Indo & Thai will do. Then u know what "really congested to the max" means !

so you want our roads to reach the levels of our neighbours?

Your scarcasm meter is a little faulty. I think you should go get it caliberated.

My sarcasm meter is as good as yours, if you really read your own message.

so you want our roads to reach the levels of our neighbours?

people there not complaining, why are we?

they not complaining because they LL stuck in the system liao... now our system is still not as bad, at the very least, must try to prevent those kind of jams from happening...

they not complaining because they LL stuck in the system liao... now our system is still not as bad, at the very least, must try to prevent those kind of jams from happening...

Agree.

Just because some other places in this planet are worse off than us doesn't mean we should adopt or benchmark to their standard. If anything, we should be benchmarking to the best in the world.

Neutral Newbie

last year when my brother wanna buy a 5 year old used toyota altis people told him to wait.... coe is dropping... price will dropped..... and after that coe go up again, he held on, and this goes on and on till now.... should he buy now or wait till after august? he told me his taxi fare per month is about $800 already as he stays in pasir ris and he works in town area... wait? or buy? any advice?

last year when my brother wanna buy a 5 year old used toyota altis people told him to wait.... coe is dropping... price will dropped..... and after that coe go up again, he held on, and this goes on and on till now.... should he buy now or wait till after august? he told me his taxi fare per month is about $800 already as he stays in pasir ris and he works in town area... wait? or buy? any advice?

Same story as property price, becoming as unpredictable as the weather.

Bear in mind owning a car definitely cost more than $800 a month especially at today's price.

The solution is simple. Force everyone not to take huge loans on cars. Minimum down-payment is 50% of the cars price. It'll bring down consumption which will lead to a fall in aggregate demand hence bring down inflation. It's pretty obvious that the reason for prices going up is due to demand pull inflation. No point whining about how the COE system is not effective or how the quota keeps getting reduced each month. At the same time, interest rates should be increased to discourage wannabe drivers from attempting to get a car when they can't afford it. Most of the time people who complain about COE prices are people who merely wanna have some attention.

Trust me, just get the altis.

At least he'll be in control of how fast he wants to go.

Besides the altis is a pretty fuel economical car.

it lacks the power i crave but hey i ain't getting one.

Trust me, just get the altis.

At least he'll be in control of how fast he wants to go.

Besides the altis is a pretty fuel economical car.

it lacks the power i crave but hey i ain't getting one.

not only that.

he can have the freedom to drive as and when he wants.