Latest Quota for COE...

Ticklish8

haha. eh your cough better or what?

was worst than that.

ear infection...

↡ Advertisement

Surely it will shoot up to $100,000 for Cat.A by year end bonus and CNY show off period!

Can lar, CAT C up too so likely see Many New COmbo van with Sofa convert around

The solution is simple. Force everyone not to take huge loans on cars.

Totally agree. Only those who can afford it should get a car.

In addition to your point, i would say: for heavens' sake just remove taxis from cat A! At the last COE bidding, i recalled reading that the bids for Cat A were just below $30k just 5min before the close of the bidding. Then what happens? Wham...taxi companies rushed in like ferraris, putting in more than 100 bids. And premiums ended up close to $60k

There are good & bad points to this. One, this will stop borderline wannabe car owners from buying new car. Two, this will make ppl who wants to own more dan one car think twice. Three, they do not have to open one category just for taxi, which so many ppl are hoping for. There are also a few entry model luxury car entering this CatA. Ppl will hold on to their cars longer.

No good point is that ppl are taking larger loans, banks rejoice but if anything go wrong with the economy...you know the story. Public transport will be even more unbearable to take during peak hour.

(edited)

last year when my brother wanna buy a 5 year old used toyota altis people told him to wait.... coe is dropping... price will dropped..... and after that coe go up again, he held on, and this goes on and on till now.... should he buy now or wait till after august? he told me his taxi fare per month is about $800 already as he stays in pasir ris and he works in town area... wait? or buy? any advice?

Your bro work in town got free parking? It's easily $300 to $400 per month season parking, ERP etc. He'll be better off taking MRT/public transport. I leave my bimmer at home around 3-4 days a week, use it as weekend transport.

Edited by Amazon777

Can lar, CAT C up too so likely see Many New COmbo van with Sofa convert around

[mad] Govt better ban all these no real business people come and buy commercial vehicle!!! [mad]

For sure low end jap and Korean car will die slowly.

Still have Jap and Korean car buyer just lesser than before, on the road people can still consider Used Jap and Korean car. if not all Jap and Korean car dealer eat grass..

(edited)

last year when my brother wanna buy a 5 year old used toyota altis people told him to wait.... coe is dropping... price will dropped..... and after that coe go up again, he held on, and this goes on and on till now.... should he buy now or wait till after august? he told me his taxi fare per month is about $800 already as he stays in pasir ris and he works in town area... wait? or buy? any advice?

For 5 year old cars, the price won't move so much even when COE goes either way, the PARF for it will start to go downhill from there. Warranty expired. Parts start to shows sign of wear-n-tear and major parts like dampers and timing belts will need to change. Moreover similar year and model of this car still widely available so it won't be too far from the price as of last year.

If he waits another 3 years where 5 year olds Jap cars are rarer and the COE is as of now or higher, probably the Altis will command a higher premium.

If he can afford now just go for it.

Edited by Elmo

Best way to control car population while ensuring that the cost of living and the debt burden per capital is lowered is:

1) Allow loan to be taken for 50% of value of car (nett COE), so COE must be paid upfront

2) Make car interest rate 5%

3) Road tax and COE for 2nd car in the same core family be 50% more

Totally agree. Only those who can afford it should get a car.

In addition to your point, i would say: for heavens' sake just remove taxis from cat A! At the last COE bidding, i recalled reading that the bids for Cat A were just below $30k just 5min before the close of the bidding. Then what happens? Wham...taxi companies rushed in like ferraris, putting in more than 100 bids. And premiums ended up close to $60k

Actually the government should limit the number of taxis on the road. Most taxi drivers are bloody lazy. They'll wait til peak hour before they'll stop for you. Before that they'll show the busy sign just circling round the road. At the same time, a lot of taxi drivers use the taxi as their own personal vehicle to ferry around their family members. It's seriously annoying to see a cab with its green light on but it doesn't stop for you because there are people in the taxi.

Loan? I don't think so. Talk to a fren from LTA. When previously car buyer was only allowed to take 70 percent loan, few car dealers circumvent that by offering bridging loan. Won't mention the car dealer. As a result they liberalize the loan quantum, ie they allow the zero cash, 100 percent car loan.

Car interest 5%? I don't think so also. With the current low interest rate, no banks will allow that, MAS will not dictate interest rate, they will let market decide, same like property.

3 won't work because it will be to prescriptive and difficult to implement. By the way there is 35,000 individual in Singapore that own two car or more. In total these individual own 75,991 cars....

Best way to control car population while ensuring that the cost of living and the debt burden per capital is lowered is:

1) Allow loan to be taken for 50% of value of car (nett COE), so COE must be paid upfront

2) Make car interest rate 5%

3) Road tax and COE for 2nd car in the same core family be 50% more

I don't think it will work, because demand for taxi is still there....

But i suggest we relook the car own by citizen.

34,000 car was registered 1 yr 5 mth ago, according to Lui Tuck Yew recently. 85 percent register to citizen, 12 percent to PR and 4 percent to Foreigners. I thought the Government said that citizen should have priority. Shouldn't citizen FIRST have first priority owning a car? Just saying...

Actually the government should limit the number of taxis on the road. Most taxi drivers are bloody lazy. They'll wait til peak hour before they'll stop for you. Before that they'll show the busy sign just circling round the road. At the same time, a lot of taxi drivers use the taxi as their own personal vehicle to ferry around their family members. It's seriously annoying to see a cab with its green light on but it doesn't stop for you because there are people in the taxi.

Supercharged
(edited)

I thought the Government said that citizen should have priority. Shouldn't citizen FIRST have first priority owning a car? Just saying...

sillizens only have priority to do NS [laugh]

Edited by Eyke

I don't think it will work, because demand for taxi is still there....

But i suggest we relook the car own by citizen.

34,000 car was registered 1 yr 5 mth ago, according to Lui Tuck Yew recently. 85 percent register to citizen, 12 percent to PR and 4 percent to Foreigners. I thought the Government said that citizen should have priority. Shouldn't citizen FIRST have first priority owning a car? Just saying...

How can we do that? So next time if train or buses too crowded, we also apply this rule of citizen first, PR and foreigner last?

↡ Advertisement