The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

More "classic" than before actually with clear shifting of OB markers, although you are still the same old same old annoying T2.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I'm the OLD jaffa leh haha

Oh yah hor......next time i call myself, theoldersunkist

Edited by Throttle2

Turbocharged

Will this happen?

In the event of a surprise attack launched by the US on North Korea, to topple Kim's regime, the global stock markets will suffer a temporary correction.  Probably in the magnitude of 30% drop in STI, if we draw a comparison with the Iraq invasion of Kuwait and the subsequent Irag invasion by the US allies in 1990-1991. 

When will this happen (if it happens)?  After President Trump comes back to USA on 27 May from his 1st overseas trips as President.  

As stock investors, this is a golden opportunity to take advantage of the big dips that will be suffered by our Bluechip stocks temporarily.  I will follow my battle plan faithfully.   

The difficult part is the market timing for entry points.  I will be using technical analysis heavily here, as fundamental analysis will hardly play a part.  I think the China will not respond militarily (i.e. rescue their traditional ally) as the desired outcome of an unified Korea peninsular is not a bad idea, at least from an economic point of view, as long as USA agrees to withdraw its troops stationed there after the entire episode is over.

In the meantime, continue to nibble carefully.  Huat ah!

Two aircraft carrier groups in the waters off the Korean peninsular.  A third aircraft carrier group joining them by mid-Jun 2017.  Long range bombers at Guam.  Fighter jets stationed in South Korea and Japan, doing daily drills.   Kim continued to provoke Trump by launching another missile a few days ago. 

Is Kim calling Trump's bluff?  WIll Trump take real action, unlike what his predecessors had done in the past?   It certainly looks like a fireworks is going to happen, based on this gradual build-up of forces.  

Will it be a simple case of assassinating Kim and replacing him with a less aggressive North leader, who is more willing to abandon Kim's nuclear ambition (more to China's liking), or a total destruction of the political regime, leading to a unification of North and South Korea?

Getting ready for a possible significant movement in the stock markets in the near future.

Two aircraft carrier groups in the waters off the Korean peninsular.  A third aircraft carrier group joining them by mid-Jun 2017.  Long range bombers at Guam.  Fighter jets stationed in South Korea and Japan, doing daily drills.   Kim continued to provoke Trump by launching another missile a few days ago. 

Is Kim calling Trump's bluff?  WIll Trump take real action, unlike what his predecessors had done in the past?   It certainly looks like a fireworks is going to happen, based on this gradual build-up of forces.  

Will it be a simple case of assassinating Kim and replacing him with a less aggressive North leader, who is more willing to abandon Kim's nuclear ambition (more to China's liking), or a total destruction of the political regime, leading to a unification of North and South Korea?

Getting ready for a possible significant movement in the stock markets in the near future.

I am having sensitive feeling that it would ignite the fireworks if China is not standing forward to block US aggression. 

Donald Trump need to diversifying his nation probe in Russia collusion and something must be too much of concerns for his people's. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

My stock investment on 5 May, Capital World, at an entry price of $0.183, is now down by about 30% after almost a month.   This is despite it being an increasingly profitable company since FY15.  It has been on a downward trend since listing on 5 May, and a very good quarter results released on 29 May did not prevent its downward price trend. 

Based on its market performance, you would have thought it is loss making company, since it behaves like the Noble stock.

I will not be doing cost-averaging for this stock.  Instead this stock shall be my 'bitter gallbladder'.  A memento to remind me to constantly stay grounded: Nibble stocks; never be tempted to put a substantial amount at one go.  This rule has served me well.        

http://www.interestingchinese.com/culture/fortunecookie-sayings-chengyu/traditional-chinese-proverb/chinese-chengyu-woxinchangdan.html

My war chest is still very under utilised.  Probably it will remain status quo for the 1st half of June.  No near-term catalyst.  Is Trump going to do favours for us later?  Let's see.  

• Praise 2

(edited)

My stock investment on 5 May, Capital World, at an entry price of $0.183, is now down by about 30% after almost a month.   This is despite it being an increasingly profitable company since FY15.  It has been on a downward trend since listing on 5 May, and a very good quarter results released on 29 May did not prevent its downward price trend. 

Based on its market performance, you would have thought it is loss making company, since it behaves like the Noble stock.

I will not be doing cost-averaging for this stock.  Instead this stock shall be my 'bitter gallbladder'.  A memento to remind me to constantly stay grounded: Nibble stocks; never be tempted to put a substantial amount at one go.  This rule has served me well.        

http://www.interestingchinese.com/culture/fortunecookie-sayings-chengyu/traditional-chinese-proverb/chinese-chengyu-woxinchangdan.html

My war chest is still very under utilised.  Probably it will remain status quo for the 1st half of June.  No near-term catalyst.  Is Trump going to do favours for us later?  Let's see.  

I am staying out until USA change commander of chief to stabilize the tensions in Asia. 

Anything unfavourable in market might just erupt in 2017 with DJT new administration. 

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 1

My stock investment on 5 May, Capital World, at an entry price of $0.183, is now down by about 30% after almost a month. This is despite it being an increasingly profitable company since FY15. It has been on a downward trend since listing on 5 May, and a very good quarter results released on 29 May did not prevent its downward price trend.

Based on its market performance, you would have thought it is loss making company, since it behaves like the Noble stock.

I will not be doing cost-averaging for this stock. Instead this stock shall be my 'bitter gallbladder'. A memento to remind me to constantly stay grounded: Nibble stocks; never be tempted to put a substantial amount at one go. This rule has served me well.

My war chest is still very under utilised. Probably it will remain status quo for the 1st half of June. No near-term catalyst. Is Trump going to do favours for us later? Let's see.

Most pennies move on sentiments and speculation more so than pure fundamentals such as profitability etc....if you are looking for fundamentals to follow, better you go for the bluechips.

Some pennies are just hot becos there is decent volume and swing and they have decent volume and swing becos they are hot. Haha. Silly but true.

The fact that you are gunning pennies, shows that you are looking for quick capital gains? No?

But you are unwilling to invest substantial amount.

So even if your pennies run up, your gains would still be insignificant?

You seem to think that you can continue making single stock picks that will be winners. Yes?

Your estimated warchest so to speak is about $1mil, right?

Although not a big sum but its still decent enough for a variety of names and asset classes.

Ever consider investing bit by bit in different asset classes to mix and match yield and capital gains?

Dont whack me ok?

I only suggesting, discussing becos i absolutely still cannot see nor understand your strategy.......

Its all very contradictory. But to each his own so there is no need to reply me.

Enjoy

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Most pennies move on sentiments and speculation more so than pure fundamentals such as profitability etc....if you are looking for fundamentals to follow, better you go for the bluechips.

Some pennies are just hot becos there is decent volume and swing and they have decent volume and swing becos they are hot. Haha. Silly but true.

The fact that you are gunning pennies, shows that you are looking for quick capital gains? No?

You seem to think that you can continue making single stock picks that will be winners. Yes?

Although not a big sum but its still decent enough for a variety of names and asset classes.

Ever consider investing bit by bit in different asset classes to mix and match yield and capital gains?

Dont whack me ok?

I only suggesting, discussing becos i absolutely still cannot see nor understand your strategy.......

Its all very contradictory. But to each his own so there is no need to reply me.

Enjoy

T2, you are so polite for a change.  Good for everyone in this forum. 

Yes, I am gunning for pennies, but I am very selective about it, only profitable companies (never in loss-making ones), and yes, they are subject more to speculation due to the lower costs involved, compared to the Bluechip. 

I believe you are also aware that my best gains from Oxley and Sapphire were not quick winners, but through many months of waiting.  If the pennies run up immediately after I go in, this is pure coincidental.   Why pennies?   Because the % increase can be quite substantial, compared to Bluechip.  Having said that, the downside risk is greater as well, i.e., it can go both ways, % decrease.can be substantial as well.  I just have to manage my risk carefully.   

As for investing in Bluechips, you have asked me before, and I  I have told you this, and to many others in the forum before: When the stock market crashes, I will go into Bluechips, the steady big cap ones (see my battle plan for a stock market crash) , to build up a large safety of margin, after the market recovers.  I will not be touching pennies so much thereafter.  I will be following my 4-line signature, thereafter.  Hence, the seemingly contradiction for my current situation. 

Besides the $1.1M war chest (sorry, not boasting here) that I have allocated for pure stock investment in local market,  I have other asset classes as well, not to mention an idling CPF balance whose figure is close to yours (you revealed yours a while ago, $0.5M, no?).   But this is a stock market thread, so I stick to talking about only stocks here.  

I use Sanye's long term investment as my final objective (you can google about it).  He collects dividends every year (latest figure is $120K last year), and adjust his portfolio very rarely.  I will like to be like him - my end point. 

I am not adverse to buying Bluechips.  I hope this is clearer to you, and everyone now.  

There is merit in going for Bluechp stocks from henceforth, since I am so out of the stock market now (only 4% vested).  As what you said, reduced risk, reduced return, but more consistent every year.  Sure, why not.  I will try this strategy. 

Thank you, T2.    

(edited)

ok good luck to you and all the bros here who are investing.

Ps.

Nope, my CPF is not just $500k

Wont reveal the amount becos its still growing and i will give it all away when the time comes anyway

Edited by Throttle2

wah ... T2 2cents post worth much more than 2cents leh ... [thumbsup]

Thats becos i never said it was 2 cents leh.

In fact i dont remember ever saying that any of my post is 2cents worth.

It will at least be $1.60 worth , good enough for tehbing at kopitiam - for now.

Turbocharged

Interesting, what caught your eye on this capital world stock? I can't find the annual report and the information from sgx is quite sparse can't get any recent information on it as well.

Dont whack me ok?

Enjoy

Just by watching The Wolf of wall street... I learn a bit about buying psychology, greed and manipulation.

You are damn right. Blue chips for fundamentals. Pennies for speculation/betting and adrenaline rush.

Turbocharged

Interesting, what caught your eye on this capital world stock? I can't find the annual report and the information from sgx is quite sparse can't get any recent information on it as well.

Here it is.

post-166337-0-73403700-1496239054_thumb.jpg

I am a bit surprised that you cannot find it.  The SGX website has a wealth of information.  I check this every day, for company announcements that I am vested in, and those I am waiting to invest in.   

Capital World is co-owned by the Tan brothers (Edwin and Colin), and Siow Chien Fu (biggest shareholder).  In fact, I should have seen the writing on the wall for Capital World.  A few months ago, the Tan brothers listed another company, Hatten Land (also via Reverse Take Over) and its share price also dropped substantially by over 30% (from $0.30 to $0.19), just that it took much longer than Capital World to do that.   

Both companies mirrored each other in terms of share performance. Why both companies' share price drop so much, I don't know, unless the share prices at initial launch are way overpriced?

Just by watching The Wolf of wall street... I learn a bit about buying psychology, greed and manipulation.

You are damn right. Blue chips for fundamentals. Pennies for speculation/betting and adrenaline rush.

Yeah, want to buy pennies, dont talk fundamentals.

That will throw you completely off course.

↡ Advertisement