The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

Turbocharged

STI cheong arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the fat lady sings liao

all huat until siao ah!

Currently, the STI is highly correlated with the US stock market indexes.   So, for the next few months, STI will be following the fortunes of the US stock markets closely.

My strategy is not to park too much $$ into the stock market.  Currently about 14% vested.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Turned half my investment profits into Rolex watches.

Physical gold assets, muayhahahahahaha

You buying gold?

Gold prices at a low recently. I've been thinking of getting some (up to 10% of invest-able assets). For gold, I think it should always be physical because it's supposed to be a hedge against the shit hitting the fan scenario. In that scenario, I reckon whatever gold certs you have will be worthless as well.

Your thoughts?

(edited)

You buying gold?

Gold prices at a low recently. I've been thinking of getting some (up to 10% of invest-able assets). For gold, I think it should always be physical because it's supposed to be a hedge against the shit hitting the fan scenario. In that scenario, I reckon whatever gold certs you have will be worthless as well.

Your thoughts?

Yes i have been buying gold (rolexes) for a long time.

Otherwise I NEVER touch gold unless it is in the form of a Rolex watch.

Edited by Throttle2

Hypersonic

Huat ah....

wondering if i should sell everything now lol.

700k keep inside your milo tin please

that one real elite

t2 say one

-_-  :D

Supersonic
(edited)

Yes i have been buying gold (rolexes) for a long time.

Otherwise I NEVER touch gold unless it is in the form of a Rolex watch.

Edited by Kusje

(edited)

I don't see gold certs as being the same as physical gold. Gold as an investment has typically lagged equity/property/bonds.

So the only reason I would keep gold is so that in a shit hits the fan scenario and you need to buy passage or buy food with non-banana notes, then gold would reign supreme. If my gold is in the form of a certificate, who knows if I can even get it out of the vault at that stage. I reckon your rolexes would function in a similar manner.

Your shit hits the fan is different from my shit hits the fan scenario.

Yours is Armageddon, end of the world scenario.

In such an instance, physical gold is also useless.

Probably food and lifestock more valuble?

My Rolexes are for shiok.

Ultimately, its likely i give them away.

Edited by Throttle2

Turbocharged

With STI breaking 3,300, I could not resist but took some money off the table.   It just feels too good to lock in profits. A modest $3K.   [:p]

Hope to see STI approaches 3,400 soon!

With STI breaking 3,300, I could not resist but took some money off the table. It just feels too good to lock in profits. A modest $3K. [:p]

Hope to see STI approaches 3,400 soon!

Good move.

Never wrong to take money off the table.

Turbocharged

Even with Gold you will need it in coin form (not bullion) to get yourself out of a mess.

Long term wise a few interesting things were more valuable then gold once things started to Dig In

1. Toothpaste & Toilet Paper

2. Gravy/concentrated soup

3. Pepper and other spices

Luckily I have the above 3 at home and I will trade it for your Gold at half the weight, consider it a friendly gesture  [laugh]

I don't see gold certs as being the same as physical gold. Gold as an investment has typically lagged equity/property/bonds.

So the only reason I would keep gold is so that in a shit hits the fan scenario and you need to buy passage or buy food with non-banana notes, then gold would reign supreme. If my gold is in the form of a certificate, who knows if I can even get it out of the vault at that stage. I reckon your rolexes would function in a similar manner.

• Praise 3

Even with Gold you will need it in coin form (not bullion) to get yourself out of a mess.

Long term wise a few interesting things were more valuable then gold once things started to Dig In

1. Toothpaste & Toilet Paper

2. Gravy/concentrated soup

3. Pepper and other spices

Luckily I have the above 3 at home and I will trade it for your Gold at half the weight, consider it a friendly gesture [laugh]

Luckily I also have all 3 at home and will do it at half of whatever you would do.

Becos i am even friendlier than you.

↡ Advertisement