Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
2291 replies to this topic | 11,229 praises

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:06 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sembcorp and sembmarine , Huat ah!

Huat some more ah!!!
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Recovered  from lowest point

In short term will remain below $3 depending on how their non core ventures fan out

What is the normal trend. After retrenchment , shoot up?

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:31 AM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TGIF...everyone huat ah!

Staff69 praised this

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy Singtel!

Huat ah!

Bro, thats why i say buy Singapore on 25 Sep, $3.67...... Voodooman
Thats the lowpoint and its been lagging.
Also likely to get special dividend.

But you have already, right?

Huat ah!
Give away my CPF

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bro, thats why i say buy Singapore on 25 Sep, $3.67...... Voodooman
Thats the lowpoint and its been lagging.
Also likely to get special dividend.

But you have already, right?

Huat ah!

I have some lah, bought long time ago at below $3, hence it is very difficult for me to buy more at current price. I know it is not logical but I not a trader.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I am also calling the bottom for ST engineering at current levels $3.36

It shouldnt be so cheap.

Buy!

Huat ah....!,
Give away my CPF

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:15 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah now property counters in play....

ho bee land ho bo?

:D

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah now property counters in play....

ho bee land ho bo?

ho ho ho (good good good)

[thumbsup]

huat ar

Staff69, Angcheek, Carbon82, Freeder, Newbie26, Pocy, Uncle2 and 5 other members praised this

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ho ho ho (good good good)

[thumbsup]

huat ar

bo lui buy....

i better stick to SSB...safer

Posted 19 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

tenyawph
  • Premium member
    tenyawph
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U.S. market has its first meaningful correction last night.  Probably this correction will need some time to run its full course, before the market resumes upwards. 

On the local stock market, I am still bullish on the contract manufacturing sector.  After taken profit earlier, I am going back to the same counter again but have to wait for its price to drop some more first.

Huat ah! 

I took the plunge in 2 main sectors, Property and Contract Manufacturing, after the counters that I have been eyeing dipped a fair bit, affected by poor market sentiments, with STI closing near 3,200 around mid-Sep 2017. 

Unexpectedly, both are now up 5% and 18% respectively, I have to admit, due to pure luck in timing[:p]  STI started to rise convincingly from beginning of Oct.   A modest 8.5% of war-chest invested.  Still very under-invest.

My small holding in Sapphire went up by 10% at the opening bell this morning.  Sold all.  Pure luck again, as the company announced that a substantial shareholder of Sapphire decided to sell a stake to an interested party at a higher price, thus causing the share price to shoot up.  This ends my relationship with this counter since Oct 2016.  I better follow Mercury1's advice.  Its trade receivables turn-around time is average 222 days - too long for comfort.

My near term outlook for the local stock  market

It looks like property and contract manufacturing will continue to do well for a while.  How long is this party going to last, I have no idea.  Just ride on it while it lasts.  

Survival first.
Not asking for high but consistent and sustainable returns.
Re-invest dividends for compounded effect.
Retire with a $2M portfolio, generating a 5% dividend yield i.e. $100K annually.

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I took the plunge in 2 main sectors, Property and Contract Manufacturing, after the counters that I have been eyeing dipped a fair bit, affected by poor market sentiments, with STI closing near 3,200 around mid-Sep 2017.

Unexpectedly, both are now up 5% and 18% respectively, I have to admit, due to pure luck in timing. [:p] STI started to rise convincingly from beginning of Oct. A modest 8.5% of war-chest invested. Still very under-invest.

My small holding in Sapphire went up by 10% at the opening bell this morning. Sold all. Pure luck again, as the company announced that a substantial shareholder of Sapphire decided to sell a stake to an interested party at a higher price, thus causing the share price to shoot up. This ends my relationship with this counter since Oct 2016. I better follow Mercury1's advice. Its trade receivables turn-around time is average 222 days - too long for comfort.

My near term outlook for the local stock market
It looks like property and contract manufacturing will continue to do well for a while. How long is this party going to last, I have no idea. Just ride on it while it lasts.

Wah dont make me jealous leh, all pure luck ......
Give away my CPF

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Noble looks like its going down for sure.

Wonder who still holding?

Trading just halted
Give away my CPF

Back to Investment & Financial Matters  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: stock, stock market, sgx and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users