The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

This is a good question which I did not reply to you previously. When I started my stock investment journey half a month ago, I have no idea whether a bottom is coming or not. The fact is that no one can guarantee what the stock market will be like 3 months down the road.

Maybe the stock market will tank (crash) in Oct. I really don't know. But if I start to fear about a impending crash in the near future, I will never get started in stock investment. I will put off investing, and yes, the money will continue to collect a safe but miserable 1.3~1.8% annual interest in fixed deposits.

I want to show my investment portfolio to all the bros here to prove that stock investment can be a profitable venture. So far, 2 and half weeks has passed since I started investing, I have remained unscathed.

My portfolio has chalked up 1.885% gross profit (unrealised profits divided by investment) in a short time, way better than I have hoped for, when I started my foray into the treacherous Singapore stock market which was very volatile in Sep.

If I can achieve this modest results during a volatile stock market, imagine what it will be, if I have invested during a steady uptrend stock market?

Of course, it is still too early to sound a victory cry for my stock investment given the very short time frame. My journey has only just started and the stock market in the near future might become so treacherous that I start to make unrealised losses.

But I am investing for the long term, and as of today, I have committed no more than 6% of my war-chest so far (if I include the recent purchase of Declout shares into my calculation).

What happens if the stock market tanks?

If the stock market does fall steeply, I will be the most happy bro here in MCF, because I would have the opportunity to enter the stock market at perhaps the very same entry point as those who entered the stock market at the bottom in 2009 after the last major market crash. This means that I can jump start my investment and catch up with these 'early bird' investors!

Let's huat together!

There are some who are always waiting for the bottom. Think there is also a need to stay invested (assuming you are holding to yield stocks) but equally important to keep bullets in uncertain times for bottom fishing, if and when it comes.

One could wait for years and the crash never come but now is probably not the best time to start aggressively accumulating as well, lots of downside. I could be wrong as my entry level are lower and market don't look cheap to me.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Start trading for a couple of weeks, already talking as if guru.

Cant imagine if, it was for a few months or a few years....probably blow trumpet until the heavens open with angels playing the harp...

Put some real meaningful money first, then talk lah.

And before anyone misunderstands, by way of meaningful, it's not about the absolute size.

It's about the impact to overall personal financial status.

Eg. for a rich guy like tenyawph, who has a property warchest of a few million dollars, a portfolio of $50k is like a pack of peanuts. No Stress, NO IMPACT. Lose all also hohum, double up also hohum.

Please lah.....

Cant imagine if, it was for a few months or a few years....probably blow trumpet until the heavens open with angels playing the harp...

And before anyone misunderstands, by way of meaningful, it's not about the absolute size.

Eg. for a rich guy like tenyawph, who has a property warchest of a few million dollars, a portfolio of $50k is like a pack of peanuts. No Stress, NO IMPACT. Lose all also hohum, double up also hohum.

Please lah.....

Panchan a bit lah.

I think he's more of an investor. And he's understandably more enthusiastic about sharing since he just started out (his second wind, rather than his first).

And he's just sharing about his nibbling. 

If this was talking about trading strategies, then i would agree. Anyway the traders don't bother to have so many reasons one  [laugh]

• Praise 2

There are some who are always waiting for the bottom. Think there is also a need to stay invested (assuming you are holding to yield stocks) but equally important to keep bullets in uncertain times for bottom fishing, if and when it comes.

One could wait for years and the crash never come but now is probably not the best time to start aggressively accumulating as well, lots of downside. I could be wrong as my entry level are lower and market don't look cheap to me.

Agreed ...

When will the so called crash come? No one know ...

We may invest now... But we need to know our exit price ....

When we are comfortable with the exit price, then we will need to sell...

Don't have relationship with the stocks... They are ultimately tools for our income ....

And lastly , do have spare $ for your daily needs and only invest your extra $ ( it's called war chest) when Mr Market offers a good price of a good company for us to invest in ...

• Praise 5

Please lah.....

Wow, you flatter me so much!  Thank you!  

Any tips to share with our bros here, based on your 20+ years experience investing in the stock market?

Come, let's huat together!

• Praise 2

Wow, you flatter me so much! Thank you!

Any tips to share with our bros here, based on your 20+ years experience investing in the stock market?

Come, let's huat together!

I have shared some in other threads.

If i show any more, i'll have to charge fees.

And I dont have 20+ yrs of experience in the stock market

I am just a lowly jobless bum trying to make ends meet selling off my personal collection of Rolexes.

Panchan a bit lah.

I think he's more of an investor. And he's understandably more enthusiastic about sharing since he just started out (his second wind, rather than his first).

And he's just sharing about his nibbling.

If this was talking about trading strategies, then i would agree. Anyway the traders don't bother to have so many reasons one [laugh]

Gambling trader at best. No investor, is he.

But i remeber he said he got warchest to hoot property market, so at least a couple of million dollars otherwise, how to consider warchest for properties?

Edited by Throttle2

To all bros,

Don't worry, I don't and will not charge any fees for dispensing any investment advice here.   Investment is still a personal responsibility.  Win or lose, it is yours to bear.  Whether I make or lose money, I will still share my investment journey with all.  See my signature below for my objective in stock investment.

Like what Ktglfc said, use only your spare money for investment, so as not to impact your daily life.  Survival is important, as I don't advocate hand-to-mouth living just to go into stock investment.  It is a terrible situation to be in, if you do that.

Let's huat together!

• Praise 1

I have shared some in other threads.

If i show any more, i'll have to charge fees.

And I dont have 20+ yrs of experience in the stock market

I am just a lowly jobless bum trying to make ends meet selling off my personal collection of Rolexes.

Gambling trader at best. No investor, is he.

But i remeber he said he got warchest to hoot property market, so at least a couple of million dollars otherwise, how to consider warchest for properties?

those you shared all hindsight investing 20/20

• Praise 1

To all bros,

Don't worry, I don't and will not charge any fees for dispensing any investment advice here. Investment is still a personal responsibility. Win or lose, it is yours to bear. Whether I make or lose money, I will still share my investment journey with all. See my signature below for my objective in stock investment.

Like what Ktglfc said, use only your spare money for investment, so as not to impact your daily life. Survival is important, as I don't advocate hand-to-mouth living just to go into stock investment. It is a terrible situation to be in, if you do that.

Let's huat together!

Bro, thanks very much for sharing! Appreciate e fact that u take time to write n share, unlike some others.

Huat ah!

• Praise 2

I sibei suaku lah, even ah soh at the kopitiam tell me her stock tips I also take.

But Lao Pan your words are gold, Please impart some advise, how to make marnee!

200_s.gifimage.jpg?w=400&c=1

please-give.jpg

Please lah.....

• Praise 1

I sibei suaku lah, even ah soh at the kopitiam tell me her stock tips I also take.

But Lao Pan your words are gold, Please impart some advise, how to make marnee!

200_s.gifimage.jpg?w=400&c=1

please-give.jpg

Brother, i only know how to sell Rolex.......dont stress me

Thank you for exposing T2.  

All bros who have been following my posts in this thread know what stocks that I will be buying beforehand (I share this info freely in advance) and when I buy those stocks (I make it a point to share my share transaction details: what amount and what price, on the same day when it happened).  

What is my point here?  

Every bro has its own list of stocks that they like to invest.  However, they fear going into the stock market.  I have shown that when it comes to stock investment, you don't have to wait for a market crash to go in.  Start now.  Even in a volatile month.  Just follow my investment strategies that I have been posting regularly since mid-Sep.  I follow them faithfully to navigate the past 2.5 weeks of treacherous ups and downs of the STI.  

Let's huat together!

Let's huat ah !

• Praise 2

In all fairness to bro Tenyawph, he has walked the Talk

It does not matter if his portfolio is a fraction of his war chest

At least, he shares his thinking and strategies

and shows realtime stocks accumulation

Not very easy to find sharings like these online [:)]

and Yes, of course, it is free [laugh]

Please lah.....

• Praise 4

i don't see anything wrong with what he's doing.

only a fool would throw his entire war chest into a few trades

In all fairness to bro Tenyawph, he has walked the Talk

It does not matter if his portfolio is a fraction of his war chest

At least, he shares his thinking and strategies

and shows realtime stocks accumulation

Not very easy to find sharings like these online [:)]

and Yes, of course, it is free [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2