The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

Neither a borrower nor a lender be

Wah. You full cash your home as well ah.

Actually, I am more concerned about the conflict of interest. Companies loaning money or investing in another is normal.

Anyway, I'm not an investor in oxley. I'm actually their lender since I own a small amount of their bonds.

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement

Wah. You full cash your home as well ah.

Actually, I am more concerned about the conflict of interest. Companies loaning money or investing in another is normal.

Anyway, I'm not an investor in oxley. I'm actually their lender since I own a small amount of their bonds.

Min loan Lor. Just fully paid off.

Like everything else in life there Is also good and bad loans.

Although we shouldn't over commit ourselves. Let's not kid ourselves by saying everything full cash unless we're warren buffett.

But I'm pretty happy that I've managed to pay off my hdb loan ahead of schedule. The feeling is indescribable.

Min loan Lor. Just fully paid off.

Like everything else in life there Is also good and bad loans.

Although we shouldn't over commit ourselves. Let's not kid ourselves by saying everything full cash unless we're warren buffett.

But I'm pretty happy that I've managed to pay off my hdb loan ahead of schedule. The feeling is indescribable.

you already upgrade to PC liao mah.  [:p]  [laugh]

If stay in condo and rent out hdb, then it makes more sense to loan hdb and pay as muchas possible for the condo, as interest payment may be used to reduce the tax payment. Of course, if got full cash, by all means pay full for both.

Haha seriously. 

Was looking to switch for some time already, good time to cash out to buy something for Valentine's Day.

[smash]

lol seriously??

• Praise 1

Haha seriously.

Was looking to switch for some time already, good time to cash out to buy something for Valentine's Day.

[smash]

cashed out how many millions?

If I even had a few hundred thousand, you know where I will place it.

Sorry to disappoint, just peanut savings for B & B COE renewal.

Good luck all!

cashed out how many millions?

• Praise 2

On Friday, 10 Feb 2017, US stock markets established a new record high.  

Is it all well and good?  If a stock market rise is based on good economic numbers, fine and good.  But when it is not, then the stock market is charging forward based on pure optimism and expectation.  That is very dangerous, because when the expectation is not met after a period of time has panned out, then something must give way - pessimism sets in. Sentiments change, and everyone will start to run for cover, looking for the nearest exit.

The question I now pose is this, how long more will the Trump rally last? And for our local stock market, is it going to be a continuing of an up trend for the STI, from around 2,800 in Sep 2016 (the point I started my investment journey)?  Will it continue to power all the way to 3,500 and beyond?

While I believe in a long term strategy, yet I am also a trend follower. Enjoy the good times now, while it last.  My war-chest stands ever really to be deployed for the eventual market crash when it happens (which is the best stock investment time).

• Praise 3

On Friday, 10 Feb 2017, US stock markets established a new record high.

Is it all well and good? If a stock market rise is based on good economic numbers, fine and good. But when it is not, then the stock market is charging forward based on pure optimism and expectation. That is very dangerous, because when the expectation is not met after a period of time has panned out, then something must give way - pessimism sets in. Sentiments change, and everyone will start to run for cover, looking for the nearest exit.

The question I now pose is this, how long more will the Trump rally last? And for our local stock market, is it going to be a continuing of an up trend for the STI, from around 2,800 in Sep 2016 (the point I started my investment journey)? Will it continue to power all the way to 3,500 and beyond?

While I believe in a long term strategy, yet I am also a trend follower. Enjoy the good times now, while it last. My war-chest stands ever really to be deployed for the eventual market crash when it happens (which is the best stock investment time).

Markets ALWAYS trade on expectations.

And yes when expectations are not met, it reacts accordingly.

But Investments is not just about stocks.

There are tons of other instruments that investors can participate in.

To me, you have come across as a pretty sensible and effective investor all this while although slightly concentrated in particular instruments.

Nonetheless, do continue to share more here.

I do think that you add value to the folks here.

Thanks on their behalf

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 3

There will be some profit taking and corrections along the way.

In fact the pace of the move up has been too quick for most market watchers.

So look for the usual trade ranges and dips.

Standard stuff. If numbers disappoint, then we will see some serious move back to reality.

For now, all dreamy and good.

I dont buy single US stocks so dont face too much impact.

Only made $80k since the start of the year.

Hopefully can do a double take and make another $300k from the markets in 2017.

Prefer a slow and steady, sustainable type of situation, personally.

Jobless and kiasee.

Edited by Throttle2
  • Praise 1

Our 3 banks will start to report theirs this week ...

Ocbc reported a worse than estimated loss today... perhaps today the STI will come down ...

More O&G losses awaiting the other 2 banks though ....

Ocbc reported a worse than estimated loss today... perhaps today the STI will come down ...

Its healthier that way.

If no rhyme or reason, keep going up on false hopes, then the fall will be heavy.

Market corrections are good. I am for it.

• Praise 3

I haven't had the chance to review the results but am vested in OCBC and also DBS (almost equal).

If OCBC's reduced profits are due to O&G writedowns then DBS should fare much worst (if they even do a proper writedown). The way DBS handles their corporate loans (judging from the swiber story) shows that their DD team is half asleep.

• Praise 2

I will be supporting with my meagre sum (minus Valentine bouquet) if a the correction occurs.

Damn, these flowers are expensive!

↡ Advertisement