The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

Great post with some originality! My favorite quote:

"My approach has always been unless I know something specific, put it in cash."

But his strategy is more of gambling and betting, not quite suitable for most people with regular lifestyles.

I do admit that my strategy is also biased because I see something specific.

For stocks, I hold no more than 2 at one time, most of the time only one.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cuban-on-investing-diversification-is-for-idiots-2011-8?IR=T&r=US&IR=T

anyone agree with Mark Cuban?

All that asset management, diversification, that's for idiots. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

The power of a research analyst from CIMB.

http://research.sginvestors.io/2017/02/oxley-holdings-limited-cimb-research-2017-02-07.html

Today, Oxley's share price (which after hitting a high of $0.57 a few weeks ago had been on sliding extremely slow) started to move up in relatively high volume ( > x10 times).  I cannot attribute this sudden 'interest' in Oxley to any announcement from Oxley (there was none) except to a write-up by a research analyst from CIMB published today, on 7 Mar 2017.  

There is nothing new in this write-up that has not been covered by other analysts before, but what a reaction it caused in today's action in Oxley's share trading.  Do I see a push towards $0.60 soon?

HUAT AH!

Hypersonic

The power of a research analyst from CIMB.

http://research.sginvestors.io/2017/02/oxley-holdings-limited-cimb-research-2017-02-07.html

Today, Oxley's share price (which after hitting a high of $0.57 a few weeks ago had been on sliding extremely slow) started to move up in relatively high volume ( > x10 times). I cannot attribute this sudden 'interest' in Oxley to any announcement from Oxley (there was none) except to a write-up by a research analyst from CIMB published today, on 7 Mar 2017.

There is nothing new in this write-up that has not been covered by other analysts before, but what a reaction it caused in today's action in Oxley's share trading. Do I see a push towards $0.60 soon?

HUAT AH!

another local property developer price chiong last few days leh

also due to some research analyst from dbs... why never tell us earlier? now miss the boat again le

Supersonic

another local property developer price chiong last few days leh

also due to some research analyst from dbs... why never tell us earlier? now miss the boat again le

ð­

Eh. Why don't we become research analyst. Then can trade ahead right? ,

Turbocharged

Recently, the CEO of Sapphire bought 715,000 shares of his own company on 28 Feb, thus increasing his holdings to 4.8M shares.  This is just after Sapphire has announced its last quarterly financial report.  This is not your usual company's share buyback but a CEO spending his own money to purchase his company's shares.

Hmm.......can we then expect an even better 1st quarter financial report (Jan-Mar 2017) from Sapphire?

Remember what I mentioned previously.  Holding onto a stock and waiting for its share price to rise is like watching the paint on the fence dry.  Patience is key.

I haved waited 5 months for Oxley, and even now, is still waiting for further rise in its share price.  My target?  $0.80 within this year.

I have been waiting 4 months for Sapphire now.  Nothing has happened yet.   

Patience, patience, more patience.......

• Praise 2

I am quite bad or should I say lazy to do research on stocks ...

So, most of mine are just SREITs and some stocks that I usually patronize ...

Patience is the key to collect dividends that are of course higher than banks FD ....

Hypersonic

Eh. Why don't we become research analyst. Then can trade ahead right? ,ð

i already have doubts on your values

now i have doubts on your professionalism

• Praise 2

shifu. what's your average price for sapphire?

i'm waiting for a pullback to enter.

that time let go too early. heart pain sia

Recently, the CEO of Sapphire bought 715,000 shares of his own company on 28 Feb, thus increasing his holdings to 4.8M shares.  This is just after Sapphire has announced its last quarterly financial report.  This is not your usual company's share buyback but a CEO spending his own money to purchase his company's shares.

Hmm.......can we then expect an even better 1st quarter financial report (Jan-Mar 2017) from Sapphire?

Remember what I mentioned previously.  Holding onto a stock and waiting for its share price to rise is like watching the paint on the fence dry.  Patience is key.

I haved waited 5 months for Oxley, and even now, is still waiting for further rise in its share price.  My target?  $0.80 within this year.

I have been waiting 4 months for Sapphire now.  Nothing has happened yet.   

Patience, patience, more patience.......

Turbocharged

shifu. what's your average price for sapphire?

i'm waiting for a pullback to enter.

that time let go too early. heart pain sia

My average price for Sapphire is $0.32.  This share is currently thinly traded, range-bound around $0.31 to $0.32, although if you are lucky, you might get a few lots around $0.30 if it dipped occasionally (rare).   There seems to be a support level at $0.29.  If the share price can break $0.365 (the last highest point in 1-year), it will be unchartered territory, and there will be less resistance to push higher.

If you want to invest in Sapphire, be prepared for the long haul (i.e. 2~4 years) to enjoy multi-bagger capital gains (huge potential railway infrastructure business in China from now till 2020).  However, I don't like the trade receivables turn-around time of almost 6 months, but perhaps this is the railway industry's norm. 

For Oxley, I got higher hopes for a quicker return as it already has over $2B of unbilled revenue that is yet to be recognised, plus the fact that its gross profit margins are pretty high, thus ensuring a steady stream of good profits for 2 years and more.

We learn from each other, everyone is a shifu in their own right.

Huat ah!

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

From Edgemarkets.com.sg.

http://www.theedgemarkets.com.sg/article/rare-earth-dealmaker-rigoll-quits-isr-starts-unloading-shares

The rich gets richer. 

David Rigoll, ISR's largest shareholder, paid for his stake of 27.43% in ISR for 0.5 cents per share from Value Capital Asset Management last year, essentially paying about $2.15M for it. 

Rigoll started dumping his shares when ISR started trading on Monday.  He sold nearly 21.3M shares at an average of 4.7 cents per share, with a total value of about $1M.

With about 407M shares still in his hands, assuming he managed to sell another 55M shares at an average of 2 cents per share later, he will get $1.1M, essentially recouping his initial investment.

The remaining 352M shares are 'free shares' for him.  At the worst case scenario, assuming he disposes all of it at an average of 1 cent per share, he stands to make $3.52M.  

A tidy gain for an initial $2.15M investment within 1-year time frame.  Not bad at all.  

Avoid trading in ISR.

Supersonic

Share price go up and he sell... I don't see anything wrong.

Certainly not "free shares" since he took a risk.

Turbocharged

Share price go up and he sell... I don't see anything wrong.

Certainly not "free shares" since he took a risk.

Hi, I am not concerned about his selling.  He can do what he pleases, within legal means.

There is a lesson for everyone. 

Assume I buy 1,000 shares of a company at $1 ($1,000).  The share price goes up to $2.  I sell half (500 shares) at $2 which means I have  recouped my initial investment of $1,000.  I can now use this $1,000 to invest elsewhere.

The remaining 500 shares is deemed as 'free shares' as it costs me nothing as it is 100% pure profit.  It can increase or decrease over time. Risk aside, of course.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

stock market has always been an insider's game

how many companies can one pick to get 1 fold, 10 folds, 100 folds return?

retailers can pick up crumbs very happy already and hope not to lose money

:D