The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

Turbocharged
(edited)

Recently, the CEO of Sapphire bought 715,000 shares of his own company on 28 Feb, thus increasing his holdings to 4.8M shares.  This is just after Sapphire has announced its last quarterly financial report.  This is not your usual company's share buyback but a CEO spending his own money to purchase his company's shares.

Hmm.......can we then expect an even better 1st quarter financial report (Jan-Mar 2017) from Sapphire?

Remember what I mentioned previously.  Holding onto a stock and waiting for its share price to rise is like watching the paint on the fence dry.  Patience is key.

I haved waited 5 months for Oxley, and even now, is still waiting for further rise in its share price.  My target?  $0.80 within this year.

I have been waiting 4 months for Sapphire now.  Nothing has happened yet.   

Patience, patience, more patience.......

On 8 Mar, the CEO of Sapphire added 2M shares via a married deal (bought from Yang Jian who sits in the board of directors), and another 173,000 shares to his name, bringing his total holdings now to 7M shares.  He now owns 2.15% of his own company's stock.

Hmmmm.......Good news coming soon?

Edited by tenyawph
↡ Advertisement

The power of a research analyst from CIMB. 

http://research.sginvestors.io/2017/02/oxley-holdings-limited-cimb-research-2017-02-07.html

Today, Oxley's share price (which after hitting a high of $0.57 a few weeks ago had been on sliding extremely slow) started to move up in relatively high volume ( > x10 times).  I cannot attribute this sudden 'interest' in Oxley to any announcement from Oxley (there was none) except to a write-up by a research analyst from CIMB published today, on 7 Mar 2017.  

There is nothing new in this write-up that has not been covered by other analysts before, but what a reaction it caused in today's action in Oxley's share trading.  Do I see a push towards $0.60 soon?

HUAT AH!

Oxley has hit $0.61 today!  Too fast for me to stomach.   Tears of joy :TT_TT:  ............for now.   

• Praise 1

Oxley has hit $0.61 today! Too fast for me to stomach. Tears of joy :TT_TT: ............for now.

wah ... your target achieved already [thumbsup]

Hi, I am not concerned about his selling.  He can do what he pleases, within legal means.

There is a lesson for everyone. 

Assume I buy 1,000 shares of a company at $1 ($1,000).  The share price goes up to $2.  I sell half (500 shares) at $2 which means I have  recouped my initial investment of $1,000.  I can now use this $1,000 to invest elsewhere.

The remaining 500 shares is deemed as 'free shares' as it costs me nothing as it is 100% pure profit.  It can increase or decrease over time. Risk aside, of course.

Good idea.

Put 150k into POSB to get 1.45%

Then use the interest to buy EZRA

at 1 cent. Either way you will get your

150k back and $1k in EZRA might be $2K

:D

• Praise 6

Good idea.

Put 150k into POSB to get 1.45%

Then use the interest to buy EZRA

at 1 cent. Either way you will get your

150k back and $1k in EZRA might be $2K

Ezra is a lost cause.  Avoid Ezra like a plague.  There is more downside risk than a possible recovery.   

See my take on Ezra in the other thread on Swiber.  I corrected a typo on the 6th line.

This is a classic case of an outright gambling:

>95% chance of losing 50% money, but 5% chance of doubling up

It is better to have this instead:

>90% chance of winning 30% money, but 10% chance of losing 10%

Ezra is now quoted at 2.1c.   Even at this price, I shudder to go in (i.e. there is no difference to me whether you go in at 6c or even 1c).  Unless there is a white knight to the rescue, it looks like a hopeless case to me.  The inevitable is a matter of time.

You have better odds with IHC, at 10.6c.  At the end of the day, a company's fundamental counts for everything.  

Not selling?

As a stock's price pushes higher and higher over time, it is inevitable that there will be a pull-back period accompanying a recent push up.  Resist the temptation to sell during pull-back periods.

For Oxley, I have encountered numerous pull-backs, yet I am holding.  Along the way, I have gotten 2 dividend payouts.  Currently, the outlook for Oxley looks good for the next 2 years.   I have mentioned sometime back that I think Oxley's fair value is $0.80, which hopefully could be achieved wtihin this year, and this essentially means I almost doubled my initial investment.  

As long as you have done your in-dept research of a company and have decided to plough your money into it, there is no reason for selling.  The only exception is when you overlook or discover a new fact that will adversely affect your stock, then you sell.  No emotions attached, even if it incurs a small loss (see my earlier posting on M1 stock). 

Currently, I have stopped buying stocks.  The stock market has run up a fair bit, and I am happy with my current holdings.  I am looking forward to the next quarter financial reporting period starting Apr to May which should boost the value of my holdings.

See my 4-line signature below and you will get a sense of my objective in stock investment.  I have posted extensively in Sep 2016 (the start of my serious investment journey) so you can read them up.  

I am still learning.  If the market crashes suddenly , this will be my 1st encounter which I look forward to, because I have a huge back up to take advantage of it.  

• Praise 3

Fed meeting next week and interest rate expected to rise. Last time market tanked when interest rate hike was on the horizon, what has changed and will market pull back next week after FOMC rate hike announcement?

Fed rate hike means strong US economy but with so much debts in Asia, good for Asia as well?

• Praise 1

As a stock's price pushes higher and higher over time, it is inevitable that there will be a pull-back period accompanying a recent push up. Resist the temptation to sell during pull-back periods.

For Oxley, I have encountered numerous pull-backs, yet I am holding. Along the way, I have gotten 2 dividend payouts. Currently, the outlook for Oxley looks good for the next 2 years. I have mentioned sometime back that I think Oxley's fair value is $0.80, which hopefully could be achieved wtihin this year, and this essentially means I almost doubled my initial investment.

As long as you have done your in-dept research of a company and have decided to plough your money into it, there is no reason for selling. The only exception is when you overlook or discover a new fact that will adversely affect your stock, then you sell. No emotions attached, even if it incurs a small loss (see my earlier posting on M1 stock).

Currently, I have stopped buying stocks. The stock market has run up a fair bit, and I am happy with my current holdings. I am looking forward to the next quarter financial reporting period starting Apr to May which should boost the value of my holdings.

See my 4-line signature below and you will get a sense of my objective in stock investment. I have posted extensively in Sep 2016 (the start of my serious investment journey) so you can read them up.

I am still learning. If the market crashes suddenly , this will be my 1st encounter which I look forward to, because I have a huge back up to take advantage of it.

Good for you.

Keep at it.

I respect people putting money where their mouth is.

Not whether it really turns out to be a profit or not.

Becos i know very stupid people can be lucky

And very smart people can be unlucky

Anf luck is easily 50% of the entire component.

I just saw your signature.

$100k is enough ?

Thats just $8k a month

Please dont get me wrong, am genuinely asking.

Maybe i am just an uncontented a**hole.

Lastly, how old are you? Married , kids?

Edited by Throttle2

Are you sure you're not just an a**hole  [laugh]

Good for you.
Keep at it.
I respect people putting money where their mouth is.
Not whether it really turns out to be a profit or not.
Becos i know very stupid people can be lucky
And very smart people can be unlucky
Anf luck is easily 50% of the entire component.

I just saw your signature.
$100k is enough ?
Thats just $8k a month

Please dont get me wrong, am genuinely asking.
Maybe i am just an uncontented a**hole.

Lastly, how old are you? Married , kids?

• Praise 2

stock market has always been an insider's game

how many companies can one pick to get 1 fold, 10 folds, 100 folds return?

retailers can pick up crumbs very happy already and hope not to lose money

Doggie needs to start following elite's post, elite got some wisdom doggie can learn

• Praise 1

Yes, sometimes i am.

But i wouldnt lie about it

ðð

Yeah I got a membership to the aholes club too, i got a second membership when I bought the bimmer lol
  • Praise 2