Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1606 replies to this topic | 8,073 praises

Posted Today, 10:21 AM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Maybe full cash what ..... How can full cash property be a liability?

when you are staying in it or it is not tenanted....do you consider it an asset or liability?

:D

Posted Today, 10:28 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

when you are staying in it or it is not tenanted....do you consider it an asset or liability?

:D

fully paid is an asset.

anything else is a liability.

Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, itll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid. Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted Today, 11:03 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Last time, I have no access to Internet or SGX announcements.  No research done at all when buying stocks. 

Now, there are tonnes of research material on the Internet.  In addition, there are charts and market depth info to look at.  I am very selective of the stocks I go in.  I still believe in investing long term, but this will only happen after a market crash, so that I have a huge margin of safety for my stocks, where I can ignore the market noise (ups and downs) better.

Currently, I only buy companies that are profitable, especially those high growth stocks, hence the penny stocks.  I also buy Bluechip stocks before, but the returns are not so spectacular (although more steady).  I also buy REITS which are unexciting  but provides a much higher dividend yield.  Those companies that are making losses or drastically reducing profits, I totally ignore.  They are simply not on my buy list.   

The longest period I have hold on to a stock is 7 months, Oxley.  More like medium term.

Therefore, I am not going down the same route.  The proof is in the results so far.  $48K realised profits since I started in Sep 2016.  Now sitting on $3K paper profits.  I am currently about 12% vested, with the remaining 88% of the war-chest in cash.

If a market crash occurs tomorrow, I am not going to sweat.  In fact, I even welcome this crash!  This means I can put in the main bulk of my remaining war-chest to buy good stocks on the cheap. But alas, this has not happened yet!

as long as you are sure what you are doing there will be no regrets

all the best to your investments  :a-m1212: 

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted Today, 11:49 AM

tenyawph
  • Premium member
    tenyawph
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Only Voodooman guessed correctly the size of my war-chest, by calculating it precisely in Sep 2016.  Enye is totally off the mark. 

In terms of liability, zero is the answer. Although there is a $500K loan that has not kicked in until the 2nd condo's TOP, there is more than enough spare cash to pay back in full.  The loan is taken up as a backup in case of a worst case scenario.

With reference to the recent rise in the global stock markets due to the French presidential election, I think this could set in motion a much needed pull-back later.  So be cautious in trading/investment.    We all want to huat, not lose our shirt.

Survival first.
Not asking for high but consistent and sustainable returns.
Re-invest dividends for compounded effect.
Retire with a $2M portfolio, generating a 5% dividend yield i.e. $100K annually.

Posted Today, 01:45 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Huat ah!

🤣💪👍

Posted Today, 04:00 PM

Feudallordcult
  • Feudallordcult
    1st Gear
    Author Image

been following this thread quite closely...end of day, must do own homework n be prepared to lose $$$ that is NOT crucial to the maintenance of the family.

Just to share a little, I bought physical gold bars as I have always liked precious metals...been at the losing end since though...and the crappiest part is NO dividends and cannot wear to flaunt.  

Posted Today, 04:40 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

been following this thread quite closely...end of day, must do own homework n be prepared to lose $$$ that is NOT crucial to the maintenance of the family.

Just to share a little, I bought physical gold bars as I have always liked precious metals...been at the losing end since though...and the crappiest part is NO dividends and cannot wear to flaunt.

KNS lah, told you to buy one of my Gold Rolexes.
Can wear, can enjoy and can sell for profit regardless of the real gold price.

Back to Investment & Financial Matters  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: stock, stock market, sgx and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users