The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

been following this thread quite closely...end of day, must do own homework n be prepared to lose $$$ that is NOT crucial to the maintenance of the family.

Just to share a little, I bought physical gold bars as I have always liked precious metals...been at the losing end since though...and the crappiest part is NO dividends and cannot wear to flaunt.  

• Praise 1

been following this thread quite closely...end of day, must do own homework n be prepared to lose $$$ that is NOT crucial to the maintenance of the family.

Just to share a little, I bought physical gold bars as I have always liked precious metals...been at the losing end since though...and the crappiest part is NO dividends and cannot wear to flaunt.

KNS lah, told you to buy one of my Gold Rolexes.

Can wear, can enjoy and can sell for profit regardless of the real gold price.

• Praise 1

KNS lah, told you to buy one of my Gold Rolexes.

Can wear, can enjoy and can sell for profit regardless of the real gold price.

full gold daytona, I cannot afford...two-tone subbie, too uncle...and i also foolishly bought a sea-dweller in 2008 which is currently still dwelling at the bottom of the sea. My affinity with watches is short-lived...I'd wear a casio anytime...better things to do with my money

full gold daytona, I cannot afford...two-tone subbie, too uncle...and i also foolishly bought a sea-dweller in 2008 which is currently still dwelling at the bottom of the sea. My affinity with watches is short-lived...I'd wear a casio anytime...better things to do with my money

You need another 10yrs to break even on your 2008 Seadweller if bought new.

I have always liked watches since my school days.

First Rolex i bought was twice my monthly salary!

I still hv that Rolex til today.

If i chart the market value of the Rolexes i have or had, it wouldnt do any worse than my investment portfolio for sure. However its important which model and series you buy. New ones are heavily marked up so you'll never make money.

Good luck in your gold.

Good luck in my gold Rolexes

For those who bet on noble group, take note.

10 to 1 share consolidation proposed.

Siao liao. The sell down to continue....

I've always been wondering about this. Sell downs from share consolidation is mostly sentiment based right? Fundamentals (whatever they are) unchanged...

For those who bet on noble group, take note.

10 to 1 share consolidation proposed.

Siao liao. The sell down to continue....

Sold liao at 24

Tempted to buy again when it was 18/19

But didn't have time to think

Lucky never buy

Don't touch Noble, even if it goes down to 10c.  Its accounting is in question, so the valuation of certain assets might be very way off its actual true value.  House traders like to trade this stock, due to high daily trading volume, hoping to short or catch a quick rebound for easy money. Lay persons like us with no time to monitor the stock market every minute, can forget about trading this stock. 

Just watch the stock bleed further, then become a '10-bagger' (due to share consolidation), then bleed further again.  Will it lose its billion dollar market capitalisation soon?  Time will tell.

Don't touch Noble, even if it goes down to 10c. Its accounting is in question, so the valuation of certain assets might be very way off its actual true value. House traders like to trade this stock, due to high daily trading volume, hoping to short or catch a quick rebound for easy money. Lay persons like us with no time to monitor the stock market every minute, can forget about trading this stock.

Just watch the stock bleed further, then become a '10-bagger' (due to share consolidation), then bleed further again. Will it lose its billion dollar market capitalisation soon? Time will tell.

Noble still have some good assets, so there is value to it. At the right price, I will consider buying. If banks are willing to lend them USD3.5m and banks are good at due diligence, a 1 billion market cap would be a steal.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/noble-group-launches-us1b-loan-facility-sources

Noble still have some good assets, so there is value to it. At the right price, I will consider buying. If banks are willing to lend them USD3.5m and banks are good at due diligence, a 1 billion market cap would be a steal.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/noble-group-launches-us1b-loan-facility-sources

I browse thru. But cant see Banks lending them, bro.

They are just helping to raise the debt issue.

The take up rate will not be good.

I am sure they really need to pay a much higher spread margin to bookbuild this.

Contrary to your belief, banks are as good in due diligence and credit pricing as their KPIs and targets

I would never ever lend simply becos a bank is lending.

As its already heavy laden with loans, with untested asset valuation

The question mark is a huge one.

Of course there will always be a price to everything.

You can also buy Ezra , KrisEnergy and Ezion debt at huge huge discounts today.

Dont think you will though.

I got no guts.

I stay away.

Hypersonic

If a developer sell their unsold units in a building enbloc, would this bring a rise to their share price?

fully paid is an asset.

anything else is a liability.

Not really a good basis.

For example, share with 3 friends to fully pay off a commercial or industrial property, or even residential with taxes. No loan.

Asset or liability?

Edited by Showster

If a developer sell their unsold units in a building enbloc, would this bring a rise to their share price?

Depends on the marlet sentiment on the impact of the sale and whether it was already priced in.

But generally, a developers objective is to build and sell for a profit.

If they had done that, fundamentally its good.

Not really a good basis.

For example, share with 3 friends to fully pay off a commercial or industrial property, or even residential with taxes. No loan.

Asset or liability?

Don't get your point.
  • Praise 1

Don't get your point.

The point is, whatever you paid up is your portion or partial asset. Anything that can be fully or partially deployed to earn capital or conserve value of existing capital can be regarded as assets.

It is only a liability if you pay to possess but has no stored value at the end of the day.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1