The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

Turbocharged

This thread has seen more activity today then the whole of 2016  [laugh]

Good stuff, keep the knowledge flowing. No time to look into the market these days have to depend on you experts.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Hypersonic

as long as you enjoy yourself doing what you do, you already won part of the battle.

i think your strategy works if you have time to monitor, that is, active investor. It is just to difficult for many including myself, basically lazy.

To each his own, level of risk and level of participation

losing money is part of the process

these days i participate in stocks only from recommendations from my friends who manage funds. eg i was told to buy innovalue when it was 10 cents and sold when it got delisted. the other recommendation recently was superlon malaysian counter which shot up from purchase price of 2.8 to currently 3.50plus. working alone we will never make it big. reading those reports when they come out we are too late.

if you have close relationship with a particular bank, you can participate in preferrential IPO shares, so no need,to sweat if can get or not. The people there would help you monitor your stocks ~ the lazy man's method.

Apart from equity, funds (open and close end), DCI, FD, bonds, there are other investment vehicles.

Different people got different luck. For some, like me, properties provide good rental income and capital appreciation. My advice is location location location and rental yield. if property in question does not have these two favourable component and reasonable asking price, i would not consider.

Turn your hobby into investment if possible. Collecting antiques are great because over the years Chinese antiques had more than triple in price. Forget about paintings, too difficult to choose, beg and predict.

Choose your recreation careful. Unless you are super duper rich, I cannot understand why people burn money going to nightclub. Each trip will set you back a few hundred or a few thousand dollars.

Before you want to start investments, you need to be discipline, you need to learn what is needs and what is wants. If you master the latter, 1/2 the battle would already be won.

Good luck. Money is important but not everything.

are you collector of chinese antiques?

heard it is almost impossible to get true/correct antiques here locally.

and even hard to get from overseas reliable source

• Praise 5

Twincharged

Oh, since last week, i took up this part time hourly position.

Data entry clerk at changi business park.

$8 per hour.

Not bad lah.

Can just survive.

Please dont laugh at me.

I know its nothing compared to all the PMETs here.

Nice, work in CB park

But a bit far from your place

• Praise 1

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. You indicated that you started out barely a year back yet you are so absolutely full of yourself that no advise from others can penetrate your thick facade.

A meaningful sum is relative, it can be 10k/100k or 10 mil. A 100% return on an 2% networth investment is just 2% return overall, a 50% return on a 30% is far more meaningful. Yet you perceive it as an attempt by other to belittle you.

The greatest indicator of a novice have always been their attempts to seek justification and assurances from others. I maybe able to generate an annualized 10,000% return today. Does it make me a guru? No. I can't do it consistently without risking blowing myself up.

No responsible investor will be bragging about singular positions pubicly for fear of inciting the wrong behavior from others. Personal financial investments/management is exactly as stated. It is personal and individualized. Questions like "if you have 10 mil today where will you invest in the stock market" belongs to tabloid and magazines which seek to garner viewership.

Wisdom comes with experience. Intellect gives you the ability to garner wisdom. Look back years from now and you will understand what others are trying to tell you.

"Put some real meaningful money first, then talk lah.

And before anyone misunderstands, by way of meaningful, it's not about the absolute size.
It's about the impact to overall personal financial status."

• Praise 6

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. You indicated that you started out barely a year back yet you are so absolutely full of yourself that no advise from others can penetrate your thick facade.

A meaningful sum is relative, it can be 10k/100k or 10 mil. A 100% return on an 2% networth investment is just 2% return overall, a 50% return on a 30% is far more meaningful. Yet you perceive it as an attempt by other to belittle you.

The greatest indicator of a novice have always been their attempts to seek justification and assurances from others. I maybe able to generate an annualized 10,000% return today. Does it make me a guru? No. I can't do it consistently without risking blowing myself up.

No responsible investor will be bragging about singular positions pubicly for fear of inciting the wrong behavior from others. Personal financial investments/management is exactly as stated. It is personal and individualized. Questions like "if you have 10 mil today where will you invest in the stock market" belongs to tabloid and magazines which seek to garner viewership.

Wisdom comes with experience. Intellect gives you the ability to garner wisdom. Look back years from now and you will understand what others are trying to tell you.

Wah say, Listerry

Thats what i said to him but i chor lang so my words very rough.

You say it with elegance, almost like a song.

Steady lah..

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Yah, Yishun to Changi

Sibei siong

Hope enough for petrol......... cigar need O/T
  • Praise 7

Bus MRT Walk lor, what else?

Not bad. DEC wearing a 100k rolex and smoking a 1k cigar during lunch. Huat ah. [laugh]

Think all the well dressed pmets with their panerai, aldo shoes and lewin shirts should step aside and learn from the clerk how to enjoy and make it in life. [laugh]

Not bad. DEC wearing a 100k rolex and smoking a 1k cigar during lunch. Huat ah. [laugh]

Think all the well dressed pmets with their panerai, aldo shoes and lewin shirts should step aside and learn from the clerk how to enjoy and make it in life. [laugh]

Mai suan lah bro, i only wear one Rolex at a time and its $35k only.

Cigar i smoke also one at a time, usually only $20-30 each.

I hang my head low low and have low low profile.

Wear steel vintage Rolex , $18k but nobody knows

And dont smoke cigars, so nobody knows

Also take bus mrt walk so nobody knows

Data entry clerk only, wait they pok me then i jobless again.

Mai lah mai lah

Mai suan lah bro, i only wear one Rolex at a time and its $35k only.

Cigar i smoke also one at a time, usually only $20-30 each.

I hang my head low low and have low low profile.

Wear steel vintage Rolex , $18k but nobody knows

And dont smoke cigars, so nobody knows

Also take bus mrt walk so nobody knows

Data entry clerk only, wait they pok me then i jobless again.

Mai lah mai lah

Bo suan le bro.  Think alot of the new generation need to learn that buying things before they can really afford them will lead to future issues down the road.  

You work hard for many years hor, got money coming in from here and there; nothing wrong with having a 35K rollie and enjoying your cigars  [thumbsup] huat ah.  

• Praise 2

Bo suan le bro. Think alot of the new generation need to learn that buying things before they can really afford them will lead to future issues down the road.

You work hard for many years hor, got money coming in from here and there; nothing wrong with having a 35K rollie and enjoying your cigars [thumbsup] huat ah.

Kumsia kumsia

Hypersonic

stop that OT fawning each other crap and tell us how to earn $$ lah

-_-  :D  

stop that OT fawning each other crap and tell us how to earn $$ lah

-_-:D

wah lau, the whole property thread folks down there, been screaming the formula, you didnt get it meh...

↡ Advertisement