The Perfect Storm of the Stock Market II

Good morning Tenawph, I dont want any info on SIA.

In fact i dont want any info of anything.

However, if you want post charts and info and tables on your own accord, please feel free to do so.

Those are your membership rights in this forum.

But dont claim that i ask for info, or more info.

I never did.

Thanks, happy Sunday

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Believe it or not, I am still holding on to my DBS, was thinking net interest margin should improve with another 2 US rate hikes this year. Note every 25bps increase in net interest margin should translate into 750 million more in profit assuming asset base of 300 billion and with bad debt under control (appears so, to be confirmed), it seems a no brainer to hold on to the stock and ride the interest rate cycle.

I am of the view that with Brexit and Trump election win, there will be more pump priming and infrastructural spendings across the developed world, which should be good for global economy notwithstanding higher interest rate as borrowing increases.

I would like to hear contrarian views. ie. Why I should sell.

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Take it easy mate, we all know T2 has some jest in his post, he's previous post also had good things about your trading style.

Sunday morning lah, time to go out and have some fun

Have a good weekend all, or whats left of it

Ah....T2 wants more info on SIA.   I present to everyone, who are the buyers/sellers of SIA stocks the week earlier, before the Qtr results were announced.

attachicon.gifSIA.jpg

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I picked up DBS quite cheap at 15, I don't see any reason to sell though (unless you have some need for the cash). It may have its ups and downs but in all I see it as a fairly solid bank it its progressive in developing new markets and customer interaction. In all fairness in all local business banking facilities I've used DBS is the best by far. (*personal view ya)

Its hard to gauge the value of a bank due to its complex nature, but if the economy turns and price goes south I'll prob pick up some more.

I intend to just leave it and opt for stock reinvestment.

Believe it or not, I am still holding on to my DBS, was thinking net interest margin should improve with another 2 US rate hikes this year. Note every 25bps increase in net interest margin should translate into 750 million more in profit assuming asset base of 300 billion and with bad debt under control (appears so, to be confirmed), it seems a no brainer to hold on to the stock and ride the interest rate cycle.

I am of the view that with Brexit and Trump election win, there will be more pump priming and infrastructural spendings across the developed world, which should be good for global economy notwithstanding higher interest rate as borrowing increases.

I would like to hear contrarian views. ie. Why I should sell.

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Eh? My forum nick being mentioned here, so I come in to say something :D

Anything wrong with cut and paste news updates? Those are facts, not making up any of them.

Not in sync with your 'down' tune? Not happy to read? Simple, can just ignore ... HUAT Ah!

Definitely better than some who like to post pics and show off, derive personal satisfaction? Well done! :a-fun:

I say before I say again. Dun bother me, I can't be bothered with you.

Wanna quote my posts or mention my forum nick with sarcastic comments? Wanna play, bring it on.

Sorry to disturb the "PEACE" here [:p] Back to main topic, stock market .... up or down? Huat lah! [laugh] LOL

Have a chill and good Sunday folks!

• Praise 13

Twincharged
(edited)

I picked up DBS quite cheap at 15, I don't see any reason to sell though (unless you have some need for the cash). It may have its ups and downs but in all I see it as a fairly solid bank it its progressive in developing new markets and customer interaction. In all fairness in all local business banking facilities I've used DBS is the best by far. (*personal view ya)

Its hard to gauge the value of a bank due to its complex nature, but if the economy turns and price goes south I'll prob pick up some more.

I intend to just leave it and opt for stock reinvestment.

I still have a bit of stakes here but have temporarily exited most of DBS just for contrarian viewpoint. Overall gains have exceeded 20% excluding dividends, which is sufficient for me at the moment.

Looking out for other undervalued stocks as well though possible to enter on weakness as well.

One danger we should not overlook is how NK keeps playing with fire. To up the ante and distract against internal probe, we can't be certain if Trump does not start external fights.

Eh? My forum nick being mentioned here, so I come in to say something :D

Anything wrong with cut and paste news updates? Those are facts, not making up any of them.

Not in sync with your 'down' tune? Not happy to read? Simple, can just ignore ... HUAT Ah!

Definitely better than some who like to post pics and show off, derive personal satisfaction? Well done! :a-fun:

I say before I say again. Dun bother me, I can't be bothered with you.

Wanna quote my posts or mention my forum nick with sarcastic comments? Wanna play, bring it on.

Sorry to disturb the "PEACE" here [:p] Back to main topic, stock market .... up or down? Huat lah! [laugh] LOL

Have a chill and good Sunday folks!

The problem is you are not cutting and pasting the articles he likes.

He was also a cutter and paster of negative news until such news ran out.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

Just for know sake how do you identify undervalued stocks? Any particular method or things you look out for?

I still have a bit of stakes here but have temporarily exited most of DBS just for contrarian viewpoint. Overall gains have exceeded 20% excluding dividends, which is sufficient for me at the moment.

Looking out for other undervalued stocks as well though possible to enter on weakness as well.

One danger we should not overlook is how NK keeps playing with fire. To up the ante and distract against internal probe, we can't be certain if Trump does not start external fights.

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Just for know sake how do you identify undervalued stocks? Any particular method or things you look out for?

I only use very simple and basic methods like sensing companies with stable competitive advantage in the economy moving forward, and playing around with fair value agreed by general analysts.

Market seems as cool and calm as this picture.

Make sure you diversify your holdings not just to different names but to different asset classes.

Unless you enjoy huge swings and volatility that is.

post-29925-0-25841600-1495424198_thumb.jpg

Supersonic

Market seems as cool and calm as this picture.

Make sure you diversify your holdings not just to different names but to different asset classes.

Unless you enjoy huge swings and volatility that is.

I think most of us in SG are too heavily vested in property....

At age 27-30, the average fellow takes an 80% loan to buy his first HDB/Condo/Landed/Whatever. That's a debt ratio of 4?

If not for the fact that CPF OA can be used to fund your property, how many would buy?

Hypersonic

Not bad. DEC wearing a 100k rolex and smoking a 1k cigar during lunch. Huat ah. [laugh]

Think all the well dressed pmets with their panerai, aldo shoes and lewin shirts should step aside and learn from the clerk how to enjoy and make it in life. [laugh]

you quite knowledgable about fashion  [:p]

Nibbled some IWDA while the market retreated temporarily last week. Now back to it's usual highs.

Twincharged
(edited)

At age 27-30, the average fellow takes an 80% loan to buy his first HDB/Condo/Landed/Whatever. That's a debt ratio of 4?

If not for the fact that CPF OA can be used to fund your property, how many would buy?

27-30 Cheong HDB or small condo fully settle by 35 or 40.

40 Cheong private. Down payment by CPF money. Repayment by tenant money.

At most a bit of cash if tenant not enough. Nowadays a bit more complex cos still got ABSD.

Edited by Showster
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

27-30 Cheong HDB or small condo fully settle by 35 or 40.

40 Cheong private. Down payment by CPF money. Repayment by tenant money.

At most a bit of cash if tenant not enough. Nowadays a bit more complex cos still got ABSD.

I think you missed my point. It's not how fast a person can pay down the debt...

Will most people invest into another asset class with using so much leverage?

Not wrong but i wont term the roof over my head an investment investment

Thats unless you are a PR who is ready to sell out and leave the country.

Its the brainchild of the founding govt to come up with this

So everyone stays committed , and works hard. In the end you at least own a piece of Singapore albeit for 99yrs

• Praise 1

Not bad. DEC wearing a 100k rolex and smoking a 1k cigar during lunch. Huat ah. [laugh]

Think all the well dressed pmets with their panerai, aldo shoes and lewin shirts should step aside and learn from the clerk how to enjoy and make it in life. [laugh]

aldo not nice to wear and lousy quality .... at the end , still my chip sport shoe the best  :D

• Praise 2

aldo not nice to wear and lousy quality .... at the end , still my chip sport shoe the best :D

Dont like that say. Aldo very good already

I wearing canvas , china made, FeiYue only

Hypersonic

Hahaha ... that's his problem, not mine.

Enough said, I dun waste time with idiots.

I go property thread do cut and paste [:p] See you there bro! [thumbsup]

[laugh] LOL

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8