Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
1979 replies to this topic | 10,207 praises

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I don't see gold certs as being the same as physical gold. Gold as an investment has typically lagged equity/property/bonds.

So the only reason I would keep gold is so that in a shit hits the fan scenario and you need to buy passage or buy food with non-banana notes, then gold would reign supreme. If my gold is in the form of a certificate, who knows if I can even get it out of the vault at that stage. I reckon your rolexes would function in a similar manner.

Your shit hits the fan is different from my shit hits the fan scenario.

Yours is Armageddon, end of the world scenario.
In such an instance, physical gold is also useless.
Probably food and lifestock more valuble?

My Rolexes are for shiok.
Ultimately, its likely i give them away.

Edited by Throttle2, 19 July 2017 - 02:01 PM.

Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

tenyawph
  • Premium member
    tenyawph
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

With STI breaking 3,300, I could not resist but took some money off the table.   It just feels too good to lock in profits. A modest $3K.   [:p]

Hope to see STI approaches 3,400 soon!

Survival first.
Not asking for high but consistent and sustainable returns.
Re-invest dividends for compounded effect.
Retire with a $2M portfolio, generating a 5% dividend yield i.e. $100K annually.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

With STI breaking 3,300, I could not resist but took some money off the table. It just feels too good to lock in profits. A modest $3K. [:p]

Good move.
Never wrong to take money off the table.
Give away my CPF

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

huat until fcking siao ah !!!

1 day jump 93% ... woosh woosh ....

Attached Thumbnails

• 2017-07-19_195839.jpg
  • 2017-07-19_195945.jpg

Edited by Wt_know, 19 July 2017 - 08:01 PM.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah, WTKnow , chia leh.

You huat so much, chia a bit lah.
On account of our long acquaintance in MCF, ok?
Give away my CPF

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Even with Gold you will need it in coin form (not bullion) to get yourself out of a mess.

Long term wise a few interesting things were more valuable then gold once things started to Dig In

1. Toothpaste & Toilet Paper

2. Gravy/concentrated soup

3. Pepper and other spices

Luckily I have the above 3 at home and I will trade it for your Gold at half the weight, consider it a friendly gesture  [laugh]

I don't see gold certs as being the same as physical gold. Gold as an investment has typically lagged equity/property/bonds.

So the only reason I would keep gold is so that in a shit hits the fan scenario and you need to buy passage or buy food with non-banana notes, then gold would reign supreme. If my gold is in the form of a certificate, who knows if I can even get it out of the vault at that stage. I reckon your rolexes would function in a similar manner.

TangoElite and Jamesc praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted Yesterday, 12:24 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Even with Gold you will need it in coin form (not bullion) to get yourself out of a mess.

Long term wise a few interesting things were more valuable then gold once things started to Dig In
1. Toothpaste & Toilet Paper
2. Gravy/concentrated soup
3. Pepper and other spices

Luckily I have the above 3 at home and I will trade it for your Gold at half the weight, consider it a friendly gesture [laugh]

Luckily I also have all 3 at home and will do it at half of whatever you would do.
Becos i am even friendlier than you.
😄😂
Give away my CPF

Posted Yesterday, 06:42 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah, WTKnow , chia leh.

You huat so much, chia a bit lah.
On account of our long acquaintance in MCF, ok?

bro, you wah wrong person la ... my name is not peter leh ... muahahaha
you got a better chance of a treat from MCF cash rich Enye ... better wah him
Throttle2 praised this

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

bro, you wah wrong person la ... my name is not peter leh ... muahahaha
you got a better chance of a treat from MCF cash rich Enye ... better wah him

He treat me pool party before already.
Paiseh to keep asking him
Give away my CPF

Posted Yesterday, 09:41 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What's a pool party?

Treat you play pool also happy?

That is all.

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

With STI breaking 3,300, I could not resist but took some money off the table. It just feels too good to lock in profits. A modest $3K. [:p]

Huat ah, tenyawph. Huat ah!
Give away my CPF

Posted Yesterday, 11:01 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

huat ah! pool party plus buffet ... [thumbsup]

Posted Yesterday, 12:46 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

huat ah! pool party plus buffet ... [thumbsup]

Wah you asking too much lah.

Buffet enough.
Give away my CPF

Posted Yesterday, 02:45 PM

tenyawph
  • Premium member
    tenyawph
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seriously, I have been playing with marbles so far; my war chest has not been meaningfully deployed so far.   

The real big money comes after a stock market crash - which I am still patiently waiting.  Once it happens, my war chest will be used aggressively.

Survival first.
Not asking for high but consistent and sustainable returns.
Re-invest dividends for compounded effect.
Retire with a $2M portfolio, generating a 5% dividend yield i.e. $100K annually.

Posted Yesterday, 03:10 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seriously, I have been playing with marbles so far; my war chest has not been meaningfully deployed so far.

The real big money comes after a stock market crash - which I am still patiently waiting. Once it happens, my war chest will be used aggressively.

Yah, we know
Give away my CPF

Posted Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sit with enough basic cash for backup but never a full chest.

Sick of those times when cash depreciates with respect to everything else. It happens once in a few years and seems to be headed our ways now.

If not property, then equity.
"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted Yesterday, 11:00 PM

Mercury1
  • Mercury1
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Dun puncture my lobang leh, hair sweeper earn less than table cleaner woh  [bigcry]

Luckily I also have all 3 at home and will do it at half of whatever you would do.
Becos i am even friendlier than you.
😄😂

Adding to the stock thread I decided to sell my Sing holding, their debt loading seems to have risen quite abit. Loaded some Fu Yu corp 

Sunny praised this
My F30 review

Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe (Gone) -> Mazda Astina (Gone) -> E46 3.18 M Sports (Gone) -> Renault Clio (Gone) -> Mini Cooper S -> BMW 3.28i M Sport

Posted Today, 12:49 AM

Carwoman
  • Carwoman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Dun puncture my lobang leh, hair sweeper earn less than table cleaner woh [bigcry]

Adding to the stock thread I decided to sell my Sing holding, their debt loading seems to have risen quite abit. Loaded some Fu Yu corp

Never liked sing holdings mgt...

Why FuYu corp?

Throttle,agm got free food.free party but not very exclusive ...dont be picky ok?

Metero ... falling eps...share price so high?

Posted Today, 09:08 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Never liked sing holdings mgt...

Why FuYu corp?

Throttle,agm got free food.free party but not very exclusive ...dont be picky ok?

Metero ... falling eps...share price so high?

I never attend such meetings.
Its for 65 yr old retirees.
I am 32yr old data entry clerk.
Very different
Give away my CPF

Posted Today, 12:34 PM

Carwoman
  • Carwoman
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I never attend such meetings.
Its for 65 yr old retirees.
I am 32yr old data entry clerk.
Very different

in that case, you can do some charity- proxy some needy uncle and aunties for food.

elites have many choices,,,not everyone elite you know.

Back to Investment & Financial Matters  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: stock, stock market, sgx and 1 more...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 1 anonymous users