20 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Phuakangtao
  • Phuakangtao
    Banned

Malaysia ranked safest among 19 nations
Posted on 26 June 2012 - 06:39pm
Last updated on 26 June 2012 - 07:47pm

JOHOR BAHARU (June 26, 2012): Malaysia is ranked the safest of 19 upper-middle income nations in the world, according to the World Justice Project's Rule of Law Index 2011 report.

Home Ministry secretary-general Datuk Abdul Rahim Mohd Radzi said Malaysia was also deemed the 12th safest country, faring better than the United States and Britain.

"The GTP (Government Transformation Programme) and Crime Reduction NKRA (National Key Result Areas) have received international recognition, for example.

"The Global Peace Index has placed Malaysia as the safest and peaceful country in South-East Asia, and fourth in the Asia Pacific," he said in a speech when closing a current safety issues briefing here today.

His speech text was read by the ministry's (registration and immigration division) deputy secretary-general Datuk Wan Ali Besar.

He said a study carried out by the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) found that the public were less fearful when caught in a crime situation last year, due to measures undertaken by the government, as compared to 2010.

"Many may wonder what effect this has on the country. An example would be that Malaysia's foreign direct investment standing was recorded at 10th position last year, as compared to 21st in 2010.

"This is proof of confidence among foreign investors over our country's political climate, safety and stability," he said, adding that it indicated the ministry's plans to reduce crime was successful. – Bernama

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/417537

Edited by Phuakangtao, 14 July 2012 - 07:41 PM.

"Is it not possible to pursue happiness if you wanna think the pursuit itself does not make you steam?"
From book titled "I move Your Hum Chee Peng" by Deepak so palamimiman

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Gobbler
  • Gobbler
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

zzz...

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Bioinformatics
  • Premium member
    Bioinformatics
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

they set their own exam paper, took it, and give themselves a score.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Cllee
  • Cllee
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Malaysia ranked safest among 19 nations
Posted on 26 June 2012 - 06:39pm
Last updated on 26 June 2012 - 07:47pm

JOHOR BAHARU (June 26, 2012): Malaysia is ranked the safest of 19 upper-middle income nations in the world, according to the World Justice Project's Rule of Law Index 2011 report.

Home Ministry secretary-general Datuk Abdul Rahim Mohd Radzi said Malaysia was also deemed the 12th safest country, faring better than the United States and Britain.

"The GTP (Government Transformation Programme) and Crime Reduction NKRA (National Key Result Areas) have received international recognition, for example.

"The Global Peace Index has placed Malaysia as the safest and peaceful country in South-East Asia, and fourth in the Asia Pacific," he said in a speech when closing a current safety issues briefing here today.

His speech text was read by the ministry's (registration and immigration division) deputy secretary-general Datuk Wan Ali Besar.

He said a study carried out by the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) found that the public were less fearful when caught in a crime situation last year, due to measures undertaken by the government, as compared to 2010.

"Many may wonder what effect this has on the country. An example would be that Malaysia's foreign direct investment standing was recorded at 10th position last year, as compared to 21st in 2010.

"This is proof of confidence among foreign investors over our country's political climate, safety and stability," he said, adding that it indicated the ministry's plans to reduce crime was successful. – Bernama

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/417537

I dun feel safe in boleh land at all. Only in my dream that boleh land is very safe. laugh.gif laugh.gif
“More gold had been mined from the mind of men than the earth it self” ― Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No the paper set by the world project index, not the malaysian islamic uni
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

Elmo
  • Premium member
    Elmo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually safe lah. Kidnapping is considered robbery. Robbery is considered theft. Theft is considered items misplaced. Where's the crime?
PSN ID: Havock3662

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Self-proclaimed safe. laugh.gif

Edited by Holdenutessv, 14 July 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Error 404: Signature Not Found

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:31 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What does this sentence mean? That people who are caught in crime situation are not scare now compared to previousyear??? So people come rob them, they not scare anymore cos bolehland is safer now??

My england not v powderful so forgive me if I cannot grasp that sentence laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

Elmo
  • Premium member
    Elmo
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What does this sentence mean? That people who are caught in crime situation are not scare now compared to previousyear??? So people come rob them, they not scare anymore cos bolehland is safer now??

My england not v powderful so forgive me if I cannot grasp that sentence laugh.gif laugh.gif

It means kena robbed until numb liao. Nothing to be scared off. Just hand $$ over.

PSN ID: Havock3662

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Tayspiderx
  • Tayspiderx
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Let's just seat back n see how foreign investors play out in their iskandar project....that should really be the actual relevance to safety index

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just like USA rank themselves better than sg in human trafficking stats... laugh.gif

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Actually Malaysia could have scored better in one area and that would be risk of being a terrorist target. However you guys may scoff at Malaysia's domestic crime rate, it isn't quite a terrorist target like Singapore had been (could still be).

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think the study is not wrong coz their criminals do not target their own ppl, well ok lah sometimes, they target mostly sgporeans. Hence if you are M'sian you are pretty safe. LOL...
I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yaloryalor
  • Premium member
    Yaloryalor
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I suppose in this report the ranked #1 safest country is Yeman? #2 is Israel? #3 is Mexico?
人恶人怕天不怕,人善人欺天不欺;善恶到头终有报,只争来早与来迟。

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I suppose in this report the ranked #1 safest country is Yeman? #2 is Israel? #3 is Mexico?

I believe Somalia deserve a spot somewhere.... laugh.gif

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

Renegade777
  • Premium member
    Renegade777
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I think the study is not wrong coz their criminals do not target their own ppl, well ok lah sometimes, they target mostly sgporeans. Hence if you are M'sian you are pretty safe. LOL...

And I think it is only JB. The rest of the other states should be safer.

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Redplanet
  • Redplanet
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Don't make me laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Why? Why? Why? Why so much red tape?

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hulk
  • Premium member
    Hulk
    4th Gear
    Author Image

What? Sure? They ranked themselves is it? sleeping.gif

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

CKP
  • CKP
    5th Gear
    Author Image

This thread is a classic example of how people will instinctively apply their irrelevant personal experiences
to a news article, in this case, the "relative safety and criminality between SG and MY".
If one reads carefully, he would realise the news article contained absolutely zero statement of facts quoted from
two of the studies, which desribes the "relative safety and criminality between SG and MY".

For example, the first study (World Justice Project's Rule of Law Index 2011) concluded
that "Malaysia is ranked the safest of 19 upper-middle income nations in the world".
Singapore is a high income nation in the study, not in the same middle income category as Malaysia.

The second study, the Global Peace Index, placed "Malaysia as the safest and peaceful country in South-East Asia, and fourth in the Asia Pacific".
The Global Peace Index is made up of 23 indicators, of which only 3 out of the 23 are related to what
most people here are basing their comments on:"criminality, frequency of homicides and level of violent crime".
Moreoever 40% of the index is weighted to external peace; thus, a country with a high defence expenditure like Singapore will be ranked unfavorably.

cool.gif
I'm a soldier, born to stand... in this waking hell I am... witnessing more than I can compute
Pray myself we don't forget... lies, betrayed and the oppressed
Please give me the strength to be the truth

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Malaysia, ranked, safest, among and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users