Alfa 159 Part IV (any alfa discussion welcome too)

RadX

Labour is not much but the wheel bearing is expensive. $832 for 1 piece. I asked that since my warranty period is only out a month (almost) and this don't happen over night can they reconsider to let me claim warranty. The answer is no. I tried but I guess the SA is just following the books.

I had the same problem on my batt. Die just a month after warrenty. I got it replaced FOC. U need to know who to talk to and how to speak to them. Never bang table [laugh] It just make matter worst.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I heard as well he is nice but not easy to get to meet him.

Well there is good news, on the ebay include air-freight the wheel bearing assembly is $320 per piece.

I read on Alfaowner forum that guys on P zeros have the same problem. The humming noise tyre makes resembles a worn bearing. Someone actually changed out the wheel bearings but in the end found out it was actually the tyre.

I am going to go for tyre rotation and "rock and roll" my rear wheel first before I confirm on bearing change.

That fella may be me... or not.. ..... was on Pzeros previously, super grippy, but noisy as bats from hell, when old. lower the tire pressure too for a bit.

50k is really fast for bearings to die....

I had the same problem on my batt. Die just a month after warrenty. I got it replaced FOC. U need to know who to talk to and how to speak to them. Never bang table [laugh] It just make matter worst.

Yes, that's true. This experience sharing should benefit all those who still have warranty left. Important tip. Must have Dennis mobile number for those who still have warranty left.

Just for the record, the conversation between SA and me was a casual one and this incident does not dampen my passion for Alfa.

That fella may be me... or not.. ..... was on Pzeros previously, super grippy, but noisy as bats from hell, when old. lower the tire pressure too for a bit.

50k is really fast for bearings to die....

Cross my fingers it is the tyres not the bearing.

Neutral Newbie

Go to EA and meet Mr.Dennis after sales manager he is a nice person to talk to may be he will able to help reduce the cost.

Question, Mr Dennis can give exceptions and/or discount but not the SAs. So local alfa owners will talk to Mr Dennis instead of SAs for discount and exceptions, why the need for SAs? Make them redundant or allow SAs to give exceptions and discounts. Why make local Alfa owners talk to SAs, pay through their a** and complain about it? If Mr Dennis leave EA, then how? Who can we talk to, to get the same privileges? So, should one plans to service or repair their Alfa at EA, please call Mr Dennis and not their SAs.

Need some help and advice...

Anyone knows or hv a manual on how to take out the steering wheel of the 159? Looking to take out the silver 3 spoke pc for new paint.

Many thanks to the gurus here in advance!

Need some help and advice...

Anyone knows or hv a manual on how to take out the steering wheel of the 159? Looking to take out the silver 3 spoke pc for new paint.

Many thanks to the gurus here in advance!

wah.. that one.. not easy... i did mine a few times until pek chek. i think the 159 one easier....

Edited by Iridiumx

Thanks, I will keep that in mind. I heard as well he is nice but not easy to get to meet him.

Well there is good news, on the ebay include air-freight the wheel bearing assembly is $320 per piece.

I read on Alfaowner forum that guys on P zeros have the same problem. The humming noise tyre makes resembles a worn bearing. Someone actually changed out the wheel bearings but in the end found out it was actually the tyre.

I am going to go for tyre rotation and "rock and roll" my rear wheel first before I confirm on bearing change.

my 156 had the bearing problem before. see peter, go for test drive. later he jack up the car, and if bearing really kaput, you can feel the "metal grinding" when he rotate the wheel on the axle. confirm bearing,then change. or else tyre may be. my pzero also have the "tunnel" sound on the 159 maybe it's old already, 2yrs. change to csc5 and all gone.

Guys, I have 2 sets of aftermarket exhaust for both 159 2.2 or 3.2. Not legal.

Interested to view please PM me.

Thanks.

Yakio will want it for sure.

Question, Mr Dennis can give exceptions and/or discount but not the SAs. So local alfa owners will talk to Mr Dennis instead of SAs for discount and exceptions, why the need for SAs? Make them redundant or allow SAs to give exceptions and discounts. Why make local Alfa owners talk to SAs, pay through their a** and complain about it? If Mr Dennis leave EA, then how? Who can we talk to, to get the same privileges? So, should one plans to service or repair their Alfa at EA, please call Mr Dennis and not their SAs.

its the same everywhere.. Like some watches, by right you can get 25% off straight if you ask. But as long as some dont bother, they make the extra. Just like credit card wavers etc...

Neutral Newbie

its the same everywhere.. Like some watches, by right you can get 25% off straight if you ask. But as long as some dont bother, they make the extra. Just like credit card wavers etc...

Do not know much about watches but what i see is, it is reflecting bad on EA. If I do not know off Mr Dennis, i will not be paying $800+ for a wheel bearing. It only shows how bad a support we got from EA. Mine is not a 159 but a 147 and had 2 wheel bearings replaced. It cost me 1/8(there about) of the price to buy a wheel bearing. 159 wheel bearing may cost more, but that much more? I understand they run a business and have to remain profitable but a 159 wheel bearing at $800!!!

Hey guys! Just got myself a second hand 159 and loving every moment of it!! The looks, the feel and everything bout the car is amazing though it's purely stock...

Now... The poison starts.... So anyone out there who is selling their legal novitec exhaust do pm me cos I'm really itching to get one!! Hehe...

Hey guys! Just got myself a second hand 159 and loving every moment of it!! The looks, the feel and everything bout the car is amazing though it's purely stock...

Now... The poison starts.... So anyone out there who is selling their legal novitec exhaust do pm me cos I'm really itching to get one!! Hehe...

Welcome bro! Me oso a resale owner for 2 weeks only

No Alfa is purely stock..... :P

Crashy ride on 18s, plus may help fc.

I tested 159 on 18s. Ride quality is much better.

Think rims are cheaper now. Those good brandsvare like 2k or so. Last time i tot was 4k. Tyres 18 n 17 like no diff in price. So financially no point downsizing.

you may want to spend the money on a better set of suspension....