Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

If you want to upgrade, go for the DR650.

If you want to repair it, can pass it to me and I try to replace the battery for you.

i will probably ask if anyone wants it for their ride. if the battery is a couple of bucks, i'll happily pay for it. we will have to figure it out in our spare time, @adrianli , especially since im crap at all these electronic stuff. maybe someone without a cam can finally hop on the bandwagon.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If you want to upgrade, go for the DR650.

If you want to repair it, can pass it to me and I try to replace the battery for you.

suddenly the message has come back liao? just parked this morning and it said, the blackvue is now shutting down safely...

i was like wtf??

just checked all the videos today and no sign of corruption also ><

very weird ..

suddenly the message has come back liao? just parked this morning and it said, the blackvue is now shutting down safely...

i was like wtf??

just checked all the videos today and no sign of corruption also ><

very weird ..

Battery revived after getting an electric shock??? [grin]

still scratching my head ... lol. dunno le.

I have some extra batteries that I have purchased for my BV sometime back. Let me go back and check the Ah. See if it suits yours. Mine is 380 if i am not wrong.

I have some extra batteries that I have purchased for my BV sometime back. Let me go back and check the Ah. See if it suits yours. Mine is 380 if i am not wrong.

let me know. i tried to find on ebay also couldnt find so small .. lol

There is a circuit board with the battery. Need to de-solder the circuit board and then solder it to the new battery.

whoa quite an interesting site. now i guess ill just wait for this cam to kaput and then change to the 650. though i think i should do it sooner than to wait too long.

Do note, on the blackvue, got two types of battery. A lipo and button battery. The button battery more difficult to remove cos it is soldered on.

Blackvue-DR400G-HD-Season-II-Internal-21

Blackvue-DR400G-HD-Season-II-Internal-41

Do note, on the blackvue, got two types of battery. A lipo and button battery. The button battery more difficult to remove cos it is soldered on.

i would assume the button battery is for the cmos / bios (or whatever they are using to keep track of date/time). i think the li-on battery is the one having issues since it is not holding enough charge to allow the camera to shut down gracefully..

hmm should be too big already bro. the BV one was smaller and it was stacked. dont think can fit ><

Yup. I agree, but i managed to squeeze the battery in. Only downside is to remove the rubber sleeve to fit it in. Thats the smallest battery size i managed to find.

hi guys, I am using an old model - Blackvue-DR500 and its all wired up to my magic pro properly. If I buy from Qoo, can I just remove it and stick on the newer model?

Can I also use the Blackvue software the same way on my PC? Meaning if I insert my sd card from the new model, will it recognise the file? Thks.

See reply in red. Btw, I am still using an even older model, DR400. It is not even the II, it is the original DR400. Still provides me with great footage. [:p]

hi guys, I am using an old model - Blackvue-DR500 and its all wired up to my magic pro properly. If I buy from Qoo, can I just remove it and stick on the newer model?

Dont know. You will have to check the plug size if it is the same configuration and if the required voltage and amp ratings are the same. Some manufacturer purposely reverse the polarity in newer models to prevent you from using an older model. So when u unknowingly plug in, you will see a magic smoke and burnt smell. Then u got to buy another new set. The best person to ask is those car accessory shops, cos they install many many cars already so they will have the answer.

Can I also use the Blackvue software the same way on my PC? Meaning if I insert my sd card from the new model, will it recognise the file? Thks.

Download the software from Pittasoft and check if they are the same and able to recognise the videos. I think downloading of software from their website and insert your microSD card no need to teach right?

↡ Advertisement