Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

Hi guys,anyone of you has ever replaced the internal battery of the DR550?Think mine is dead after using for 1.5 years as the clock

is always out of sync.Distributor is charging $120 just for replacement of the button cell which I think its damn ex.

Check earlier 12/2015 posts, bro. May be relevant.
↡ Advertisement

3rd Gear
(edited)

Seems like the newer models are less durable?

Been using DR350 n first-generation DR400G for back/front in 2x cars. Separate front/back connection.

1x 350 kaput after 4 years, rest still doing well 6+ and 5+ years despite 400 hot-to-touch.

Only SD cards gave problems n need reformatting after every few months.

Been thinking of replacing the 350 but not sure with which brand/model.

Haha same as u bro my BVDR350 I am still using for 4yr+ and still using it now.. Already transfer from 2 cars.. Last time buy so exp ah.. Don't know still wan to transfer to my next car anot.. Lol.. Edited by JX83

Hypersonic

I'm looking to replace the memory card in DR650. Anyone knows what is the max memory size?

The specs say support up to 64GB so I think that's the max. Unless you have a device that can use 128GB or more, I wouldn't want to buy one to find out it was money wasted

I'm looking to replace the memory card in DR650. Anyone knows what is the max memory size?

Some 128GB cards can be used in the 650. Not sure which though. 64gb should suffice

The specs say support up to 64GB so I think that's the max. Unless you have a device that can use 128GB or more, I wouldn't want to buy one to find out it was money wasted

I OEM my own camera, it captured a stupid merc racing pasty me at least 150 km/hr. when home, I replay I was able to captured his car number. I was amazed.

Also I created my own flashing blue FRONT LED lights when recording.

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, I understand that for blackvue 650GW do have motion detection function, I was wondering if my camera doesn't tap to car battery and not using any cell b how long can it last?

Hi guys, I understand that for blackvue 650GW do have motion detection function, I was wondering if my camera doesn't tap to car battery and not using any cell b how long can it last?

If you don't tap to car batt and not using any external battery pack, the cam will shut down when you turn off your engine.

I OEM my own camera, it captured a stupid merc racing pasty me at least 150 km/hr. when home, I replay I was able to captured his car number. I was amazed.

Also I created my own flashing blue FRONT LED lights when recording.

Very nice! Any pics to show how your creation?

Neutral Newbie

If you don't tap to car batt and not using any external battery pack, the cam will shut down when you turn off your engine.

Is the camera come with any internal battery?

Could I ask from the user experience here which would be a compatible brand of 64GB microsd that will not pose problem for the Blackvue 650? I read somewhere in the forum that Sandisk may have issue but I am not sure.

Is the camera come with any internal battery?

It has no internal battery. Only a supercapacitor.

Could I ask from the user experience here which would be a compatible brand of 64GB microsd that will not pose problem for the Blackvue 650? I read somewhere in the forum that Sandisk may have issue but I am not sure.

Samsung cards work fine. I'm using them for both my 650 and 3500.

Am using Samsung Evo 64GB for almost a year and so far no issue at all.

Am using Samsung Evo 64GB for almost a year and so far no issue at all.

I remember reading somewhere that the Samsung Evo 64GB sometimes cause the Blackvue to overheat and affected the captured video. Looks like the users here do not experience such issues. I will give the Samsung Evo micro-sd a try. Thanks for the advise

Neutral Newbie

I remember reading somewhere that the Samsung Evo 64GB sometimes cause the Blackvue to overheat and affected the captured video. Looks like the users here do not experience such issues. I will give the Samsung Evo micro-sd a try. Thanks for the advise

Hi, just a noob question. Cannot play or replay Without a sd card?

Hypersonic

Hi, just a noob question. Cannot play or replay Without a sd card?

[laugh] [laugh]

No memory card how to playback videos?

Unless already copied to phone then can playback without card lor :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

[laugh] [laugh]

No memory card how to playback videos?

Unless already copied to phone then can playback without card lor :D

magiclabeouf.gif

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3