Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

How do they know you use it for surveillance system instead of using in your phone/tablet?

Maybe they don't. They just ask you where you used it.

And there you go..warranty void. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

How do they know you use it for surveillance system instead of using in your phone/tablet?

I dont know. Maybe they will recover it and check the contents? I was using mine for home surveillance. So not good if they see all my home videos. :ph34r: Just destroy it, cost me $12 only for that EVO 32gb microSD card.

if it is cheap ok lah.... carpark and transport to RMA already a few dollars liao.

I only ever bother to exchange one for one was a 64gb microsd Sandisk..... that time the price still > $60..so makes sense to RMA.

Lucky nothing important inside..... :D

I dont know. Maybe they will recover it and check the contents? I was using mine for home surveillance. So not good if they see all my home videos. :ph34r: Just destroy it, cost me $12 only for that EVO 32gb microSD card.

• Praise 1

I've had issues with class 10 sd cards from Sandisk, Samsung and Toshiba... when used on my Blackvue 650.

So I got a high endurance card today. Supposed to be able to handle the heat better and the continuos writing/erasing. Costs more than the standard card... 

https://www.sandisk.com/home/memory-cards/microsd-cards/high-endurance-microsd

Where did you get these from?

My Samsung 32gb microSD used for Blackvue suddenly stop recording. I tried to format the microSD using the blackvue camera did not remove all old video files.

I removed the microSD card and tried to format it using computer.

The system promoted the message 'Windows was unable to complete the format'.

Please help.

Seriously, when you see these type of messages, you can just throw the cards away. No point keeping. Even if you can reformat and salvage it, you never know when will it be the day it fail you. 

If under warranty, go and swap one. Otherwise, buy a new one.

Need to get a better SD card.

SD cards should have wear-leveling, but the better (read: more expensive) ones work better. They are usually advertised with 'wear leveling' or 'data rewriting' feature.

Where did you get these from?

I was in the west, so I went to he shop where I fitted the BlackVue.

Hai Wee Enterprise

Blk 271, Bukit Batok East Ave 4,

#01-140,

Singapore S650271

Tel: 65665983

9.30am to 7pm (Mon ~ Sat)

Closed on Sun/ Public Holidays

(Show the map)

But I'm sure others carry the SD card as well.

http://www.blackvue.com.sg/authorized-dealers.html

Not much help if an idiot bang into and claim its your fault

and when you replay the video and find the card is spoilt.

:D

• Praise 1

My Samsung 32gb microSD used for Blackvue suddenly stop recording. I tried to format the microSD using the blackvue camera did not remove all old video files.

Please help.

i encountered same issue; claim warranty if possible.

u can even write to sandisk TW hq, wc they will send u one, but postage / shipping at ur own charges iirc. i didn't cos still usin existing data even cannot format (whatever newly saved oso becomes unformat-able until memory full.

Please help.

Have you try using Blackvue Viewer App to format the SD card?  I once also having the same problem and after using the Viewer App to format the problem solved.  The Balckvue Viewer App can be downloaded from Blackvue web site.

Anyone know if I could install another dash cam to capture video on the left/right windows of our car? Trying to catch someone who vandalise my car twice. Currently I have a 2 system Blackvue (fron/back). Looking for addition dash cam that has motion detection and night vision feature. Thanks!

Please help.

Video recording takes a toil on flash memory cards. See this post with a video for the explanation: Post #1158.

I use a 64GB card and it stores only about 9 hours of info, after which if overwrites the data. Highly recommended to use high endurance cards.

Neutral Newbie

Anyone know if I could install another dash cam to capture video on the left/right windows of our car? Trying to catch someone who vandalise my car twice. Currently I have a 2 system Blackvue (fron/back). Looking for addition dash cam that has motion detection and night vision feature. Thanks!

You would need another 2 for the side (normally installed on bottom of 2 front pillar). Use Blackvue since your system is running on this brand.

You would need another 2 for the side (normally installed on bottom of 2 front pillar). Use Blackvue since your system is running on this brand.

Thanks for your advise.

Will get another set of Blackvue.

Cheers!

Bros

I am considering the Blackvue, but I have a unique issue:

I am a bit afraid of voiding the car warranty, but I would like to get a DVR for park mode.

Can I ask:

The Cellink spare battery, where is it sited, and how does it get it's charge - from the cigarette socket or fusebox?

Can you enable it to only perform in Parked Mode? 

I am trying not to tap on to the battery for the Park Mode, but use the Cell Link B. 

Thanks

Edited by therock
↡ Advertisement