Blackvue users - please come in AGAIN 2

RadX

bro adrian

pardon me to ask a electrical question here.

I have a 3-pin charger INPUT is 110-240VAC 50/60Hz 0.5A Max, OUTPUT is DC5V 1500mA

My device to be charged got INPUT SPEC of 12V DC and OUTPUT is 5V, 1.5V

Question, is it safe for me to use my 3-pin charger (charger is salvaged from my older mobile phone) to charge this device? I worried it will be over/under power (pardon me, i dun know much about power)

thanks.

I dont understand the one in bold. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement

As long as the output of the charger meets the input of the device, it can be used. For e.g,

I am using the three pin plug power adapter for my old scanner to power the car ceiling LED lights in my aquarium. [;)]

bro, the charger i salvage from my previous mobile phone.... and i just bought a GPS (denote as device)... that why i not sure if I can use the salvaged charger to charge my new GPS at home :)

Thanks bro

bro, the charger i salvage from my previous mobile phone.... and i just bought a GPS (denote as device)... that why i not sure if I can use the salvaged charger to charge my new GPS at home :)

Thanks bro

If ur GPS accepts 5V, then ur mobile charger should be able to power ur GPS.

Hi bro

The GPS manual asked for 5v 1.5A. My charger is 5v 1.0A

Although the charger is 5v but the difference on the 'A' on 1.5 and 1.0 will it work or harm the GPS?

thanks again - sorry am no man for power

Hi bro

The GPS manual asked for 5v 1.5A. My charger is 5v 1.0A

Although the charger is 5v but the difference on the 'A' on 1.5 and 1.0 will it work or harm the GPS?

thanks again - sorry am no man for power

No harm trying. The most, ur GPS will not power up. As long as voltage supply is the same, nothing will burn.

Not 100% sure but i think it comes with another cable. Need more knowledgeable ones to confirm.

Only one power cable is supplied in the DR350 box.

My DR350 installer used the same cable when connecting directly to the fuse box. The installer did not cut away the cig plug instead they soldered two wires to the + / - terminals in the plug.

A few months later I decided to install Powermagic. The installer will then cut away the two soldered wire. The cig plug will then be plugged in to a cig lighter female socket supplied with the Powermagic.

Edited by Topspin

so if i want to get this for my GTR (i've been told i shouldnt connect directly to battery, it will damage the electronics), whats a decent one to get? i dont really care about people scratching my car .. mine is more for accident recording as well as if there's really a heavy motion when the car is parked (ie someone reverse into my car)

any recommendations? what kind of pricing am i looking at? or do i have to buy this directly frm somewhere? as long as the recording is clear enough to see license plate, it should be suitable .. god knows the last cam i got was too blurry.

so if i want to get this for my GTR (i've been told i shouldnt connect directly to battery, it will damage the electronics), whats a decent one to get? i dont really care about people scratching my car .. mine is more for accident recording as well as if there's really a heavy motion when the car is parked (ie someone reverse into my car)

any recommendations? what kind of pricing am i looking at? or do i have to buy this directly frm somewhere? as long as the recording is clear enough to see license plate, it should be suitable .. god knows the last cam i got was too blurry.

Since you are in this Blackvue thread, I presume u looking for a Blackvue car cam.

Get the latest Blackvue DR400G-HD II + Tpower and this will meet ur above requirements.

Tpower is a lithium-polymer battery sold by Anypower from Korea. So u dont have to connect the car cam to ur car battery and only to this battery. Then plug Tpower to ur cig lighter to allow charging the Tpower as u drive.

Since you are in this Blackvue thread, I presume u looking for a Blackvue car cam.

Get the latest Blackvue DR400G-HD II + Tpower and this will meet ur above requirements.

Tpower is a lithium-polymer battery sold by Anypower from Korea. So u dont have to connect the car cam to ur car battery and only to this battery. Then plug Tpower to ur cig lighter to allow charging the Tpower as u drive.

so order direct from their website? any local co carrying?

also, cant find any website detailing anything regarding anypower frm korea

Edited by Sp4wn

so order direct from their website? any local co carrying?

also, cant find any website detailing anything regarding anypower frm korea

If u are comfortable with self-installation and warranty, buy online. Ebay and Gmarket have them.

They are available locally. Blackvue authorised distributor is Wowgadgets.

Tpower is available from Sochong, see MCF sponsers.

Search Anypower in Gmarket Korea, [lipsrsealed]

If u are comfortable with self-installation and warranty, buy online. Ebay and Gmarket have them.

They are available locally. Blackvue authorised distributor is Wowgadgets.

Tpower is available from Sochong, see MCF sponsers.

Search Anypower in Gmarket Korea, [lipsrsealed]

thanks bro! [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

I tot DR400 has overheat issues?

If buy online, will the software be in korean or english?

Is itronics ITB100HD a better buy?

I tot DR400 has overheat issues?

If buy online, will the software be in korean or english?

Is itronics ITB100HD a better buy?

There is a new DR400G-HD II which is suppose to overcome the overheat issue. The english firmware is available for download at pittasoft website.

Comparing video quality, Blackvue suppresses ITB100HD.

Comparing video quality, Blackvue suppresses ITB100HD.

I suppose you meant to say "Surpasses"

If yes, then yippee. [thumbsup] I would like to get a Blackvue 400 eventually. Presently using the 350 only.

↡ Advertisement