SAFRA Clubs : Benefits NSF or Another Entertainment HUB?

Maxus-MIFA9

Supersonic
(edited)

wondering... MR already lau peng eligible or not? i was invited but not sure if i wanna rejoin.. then see the article post 18 to 35 years?

MR doesnt mean lau peng. I have friends who had MR at the age of 30 year old. [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

MR doesnt mean lau peng. I have friends who had MR at the age of 30 year old. [rolleyes]

ya.. but they'll still grow to 40yr and above right...any idea how? not eligible for safra member already?

seriously, does any mcf'er find it hip to club in safra, or relax there?

I think many prefer to fly overseas for a short getaway spending just slightly more.

Air tickets are quite cheap with budget air. Families are getting smaller.

Downtown east chalets or east coast chalets are not exactly cheap. If we factor in the lower cost of living in overseas, staying in local chalets are more of a convenience, and there options from neighbouring countries.

Two other possible reasons to choose a local club, may be swimming pool with a better surrounding, jackport machines and gym. But seriously, I am not sure a gym rat likes safra club other than enjoying the discounts?

The way incumbent is throwing money to win back the hearts of young voters is just downright scary. 50mio in safra, 200mio in downtown east, 300-400mio in drainage, a few hundred mio in public transport infrastructure.

Money don't grow from trees. Public infra is worthy long term investment, but spend as necessary, due diligence pls.

Govt dont come out for a club for NSF/ NSMAN, people will kpkb that there is no welfare for them. When built, also complain that its just an entertainment hub. I mean wtf, there are alot of cynical and paranoid people here!

(edited)

ya.. but they'll still grow to 40yr and above right...any idea how? not eligible for safra member already?

think as long as you pay $$$ (membership and annual fees), sure accept one de.

Edited by Kangadrool

What tokking u?What young voters? R u trying turn this thread into political? <_<

I think many prefer to fly overseas for a short getaway spending just slightly more.

Downtown east chalets or east coast chalets are not exactly cheap. If we factor in the lower cost of living in overseas, staying in local chalets are more of a convenience, and there options from neighbouring countries.

Two other possible reasons to choose a local club, may be swimming pool with a better surrounding, jackport machines and gym. But seriously, I am not sure a gym rat likes safra club other than enjoying the discounts?

The way incumbent is throwing money to win back the hearts of young voters is just downright scary. 50mio in safra, 200mio in downtown east, 300-400mio in drainage, a few hundred mio in public transport infrastructure.

Money don't grow from trees. Public infra is worthy long term investment, but spend as necessary, due diligence pls.

(edited)

Downtown east chalets or east coast chalets are not exactly cheap. If we factor in the lower cost of living in overseas, staying in local chalets are more of a convenience, and there are options from neighbouring countries.

50mio in safra, 200mio in downtown east.

Money don't grow from trees. Public infra is worthy long term investment, but spend as necessary, due diligence pls

-------

i do feel my original entry touches too many points. too bad mcf has no edit function after some hours. this revised edition is not off topic. can discuss with points, articulate your train of thoughts, rather than one liner?

Edited by Oblong

I go there for swimming. Maybe if i ever want to play bowling, there's always that option.

I haven't been to a chalet for donkey years but these chalets still seemed packed.

I can't comment on spending though. But in a small space like singapore, leisure areas are a big thing to the public.

wondering... MR already lau peng eligible or not? i was invited but not sure if i wanna rejoin.. then see the article post 18 to 35 years?

Why not? You just have to pay slightly more. Ex-NSMen fall under Ordinary Member B category.

Regards,

I just went Punggol Safra today for my run after my work.

So I went over to the customer service and ask,"Do you have changing room here?"

Customer service replied,"Sorry Sir, we do no have any changing room or shower amenities here, but we already have plans for such facilities when the adjoining sports facilities are up."

"Then how long will it take?" I asked.

"It will be ready about 3-4years time."

[thumbsup]

No sport facilities or amenities like swimming pool or tennis /squash,badminton court.

No snooker or pool.

Only the gym and the Kids Amaze waterpark have changing room.

They do have plenty of restaurant and eateries, one bowling alley, many enhancement schools.

I have been there a few times to bring my kids to play at the waterpark.

Something I observed..... the restaurants there don't have patrons. [lipsrsealed] 

My gut feel is, most will not last till the next school holiday.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

It is all about business. Just take a look at the community centres which are now called clubs. Do you still see neighbourhood citizens chit chatting or gathering? They are either leased to faztfood, private schools or for special makan events by small groups of privilege people.

How many of you visit these 'clubs' other than booking the badminton court or play basket ball?

• Praise 1

I just went Punggol Safra today for my run after my work.

So I went over to the customer service and ask,"Do you have changing room here?"

Customer service replied,"Sorry Sir, we do no have any changing room or shower amenities here, but we already have plans for such facilities when the adjoining sports facilities are up."

"Then how long will it take?" I asked.

"It will be ready about 3-4years time."

[thumbsup]

No sport facilities or amenities like swimming pool or tennis /squash,badminton court.

No snooker or pool.

Only the gym and the Kids Amaze waterpark have changing room.

They do have plenty of restaurant and eateries, one bowling alley, many enhancement schools.

I have been there a few times to bring my kids to play at the waterpark.

Something I observed..... the restaurants there don't have patrons. [lipsrsealed]

My gut feel is, most will not last till the next school holiday.

原来That's the reason why the current building don't have most of the usual safra activities. Kids amaze is not bad but it's quite expensive for a regular pool session. More like indoor playground. Once a while go type.

Hypersonic

Now got half price membership. I just signed up for 5 years so that I can bring my children to swim.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

原来That's the reason why the current building don't have most of the usual safra activities. Kids amaze is not bad but it's quite expensive for a regular pool session. More like indoor playground. Once a while go type.

I thought the kid amaze pool is expensive but turned out it cost $21 for a family of four (for member).  Not expensive at all leh.  I feel that gahment should give lifetime free membership to ns men as recognition.  After all they can earn back through the patronage of the club.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

Last year I signed up for 10+2yrs promotional membership and signed up for Safra/DBS card at same time...got a free swiss watch which I sold off for $80 :grin:

Was like you wanted to sign up for my kid to use their facilities but did not factor in that I don't stay near any of the branches :ouch-it-hurts:

Up till now have not step in....and now I am going MR next year.... wonder how will the membership status change. [confused]

Now got half price membership. I just signed up for 5 years so that I can bring my children to swim.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Last year I signed up for 10+2yrs promotional membership and signed up for Safra/DBS card at same time...got a free swiss watch which I sold off for $80 :grin:

Was like you wanted to sign up for my kid to use their facilities but did not factor in that I don't stay near any of the branches :ouch-it-hurts:

Up till now have not step in....and now I am going MR next year.... wonder how will the membership status change. [confused]

Membership status shouldn't change I think. But you really should go and swim. Free for members and there are less people. I went yesterday and my kids got the whole swimming pool to themselves. Granted it was a weekday but since got membership, might as well use.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1