Home Aircon

BoneStock

Hypersonic

Pls use rechargeable batteries in remotes

Those normal Batt forever leak

Once leak, everything up lorry

This is so true. 2 of my previous air con remote got destroyed this way. Now waiting to buy replica remote once 65daigou had their free agent promo.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If you happen to be in MY, grab a few at those DIY shops. It's just RM10 each equivalent to S$3.33 only.

This is so true. 2 of my previous air con remote got destroyed this way. Now waiting to buy replica remote once 65daigou had their free agent promo.

• Praise 3

Update you guys here on my dead starmex fancoil.

Thanks to @Radx. Got his contact down to have a second opinion on my dead fancoil (largest unit at home as it is meant for the living room). The guy is a very straight talking malaysian small sized guy. Tell me the problem is the wire too.

the difference is that he is willing to solve the problem for me in a more logical and straightforward way compared to the previous assessor.

He was willing to climb up into the space between the roof and my false ceiling (I live on top floor) to re-lay the new wire without opening up further man-holes on my ceiling.

End up a 2 hour job that cost me 1/3 of the previous quote.

Lesson learnt: my aircon was installed 5 yrs ago when I first bought the unit and was doing an overhaul. The aircon quote was the lowest I got. At that time I was only focused on the pipes and insulation material used. I overlooked on the wire used.

turns out they installation guys used lousy china made low gauge wire to do the installation. Since my living room unit is the largest capacity, it is expected to draw more power than my other units around the house, probably explained the early failure of the wire.

the repairman told me to be mentally prepared that my other units might develope the same problem one after another.

So for those who are getting a new system, please monitor and ensure that other than the pipes/insulation material, they are giving you proper wires too. [laugh]

• Praise 3

Thanks to @Radx. Got his contact down to have a second opinion on my dead fancoil (largest unit at home as it is meant for the living room). The guy is a very straight talking malaysian small sized guy. Tell me the problem is the wire too.

the difference is that he is willing to solve the problem for me in a more logical and straightforward way compared to the previous assessor.

He was willing to climb up into the space between the roof and my false ceiling (I live on top floor) to re-lay the new wire without opening up further man-holes on my ceiling.

Lesson learnt: my aircon was installed 5 yrs ago when I first bought the unit and was doing an overhaul. The aircon quote was the lowest I got. At that time I was only focused on the pipes and insulation material used. I overlooked on the wire used.

turns out they installation guys used lousy china made low gauge wire to do the installation. Since my living room unit is the largest capacity, it is expected to draw more power than my other units around the house, probably explained the early failure of the wire.

the repairman told me to be mentally prepared that my other units might develope the same problem one after another.

So for those who are getting a new system, please monitor and ensure that other than the pipes/insulation material, they are giving you proper wires too. [laugh]

good on you bro!  Glad that Simon could help.  Yes, I like his style!  

Straight no nonsense and he does offer the best solution.  Honest chap too and will not tell you things that are not necessary

Glad all is well [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Straight no nonsense and he does offer the best solution.  Honest chap too and will not tell you things that are not necessary

I'm keeping Simon's contact for the future.. Good sharing.,

I'm keeping Simon's contact for the future.. Good sharing.,

no prob bro.  He is a good fella.  Recommended by my condo council chairman as he uses him for servicing.  I also use for my home and he is thorough.

I appreciate honest folks and will support them.  Keep their business going and ensure that they live well.

• Praise 1

Boss, can pm me Simon's contact also?

thanks so much!!!

Help you make sure their stamps all removed from their eyes...... :D

Nb liddat Simon sure close shop

No business sure wan haaaaaa

Who wil see the ad liddat

• Praise 1

The apartments in European countries have central heating and aircon. They have steam pipes in the bathroom also for u to hang ur towels. Imagine wiping urself with a heated towel, just like sitting in SQ where they provide hot towels take off and landing. [:p]

Watching too much HGTV, House Hunters International. [grin]

tumen-3.jpg

then we have this on roof-top.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I have same problem as u.

Lousy wire was used for air con system. One unit got affected. My regular air con guy suggest to create a new electrical wire to the nearest power socket.

Of coz the best option is to re-wire the entire cable but this will create problems for some hidden parts of the wire. I will have to break some cabinets.

I'm also being advised that other units will be affected at later time, due to the crappy wire.

The crappy wire is aluminium with copper coated.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

There is probably some specs on installation, wiring to be used, installation spacing, etc.

But contractors always throw those papers away and do their own thing.

Yeah, we are left to their mercy unless we are well read and able to stand around to breath down their necks during installation.

For my installation, I hung around to make sure they gave me the piping and insulation agreed upon....end up I missed out on the wire quality...sigh

Lesson learnt. <_<

There is probably some specs on installation, wiring to be used, installation spacing, etc.

But contractors always throw those papers away and do their own thing.

Help please! How come my off aircon timer does not work?

I set the “Clock”STOP to 2am but always wake up half-frozen an hour or 2 after 2am to find out the aircon is still on!

I read the manual a dozen times and I believe I did correctly as instructed but AC still never turn off at the time set. Why arhh? [grin][grin]

↡ Advertisement